Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

Just now, gmcf said:

We need to box clever on this one and not allow lose sight of the bigger picture of removing doncaster, maclellan and mckenzie. 

Right now we have a bit of support from teams about the spfl's handling of this , and if we want change at the top , we can't alienate that support , which we could do by going against reconstruction .

The spfl will hoping that the attention now turns to reconstruction and away from their handling of this fiasco . By voting against reconstruction we just drag that narrative on , so I'd be voting for it as quickly as possible , so we can turn our attention back on to the way this has been handled and rid ourselves of these clowns before it becomes lost in time . 

What support?

ICT, Stranraer and possibly Thistle?

That carries absolutely zero weight.

The press and all of Lawwells other lackies will just point and laugh.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

How so?

Did St Johnstone suddenly take 1600 fans to Aberdeen away when we were down?

Did St Mirren fill the Chadwick and Moffat Stands at Rugby Park?

It will cost clubs to play us with no Rangers support. They will lose huge income and still have large overheads even off empty stands. 

The whistleblower information is only in relation to how the SPFL stewardship has handled the resolution vote put to the clubs.

"Rangers Football Club

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs."

To that end, the resolution has been passed so any "information" the club have will only be relevant now. The club must act on what they have now and stay quiet no longer. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

So just like 2012-2016 then?

They hadn’t budgeted for playing us when we weren’t in the same league so nothing like it. You and the other apologists on here are welcome to your view,my view is destroy as many of our haters as is possible. Why anyone would still be interested in bankrolling this corrupt set up is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What support?

ICT, Stranraer and possibly Thistle?

That carries absolutely zero weight.

The press and all of Lawwells other lackies will just point and laugh.

There were more than them that weren't happy with the bullying on the vote . Hearts weren't happy , Aberdeen and Hibs changed their minds , teams unhappy by being pressured into accepting it , on top of which I'm sure there must be chairmen out there whose clubs were t affected , that must now have concerns with the way the game is being run up here  .  Even some of the press have been critical of the spfl's handling of the situation , so I think for the first time in years we would have support for change . 

29 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Some absolute zoomers in this thread, do you actually believe we made those statements with no evidence? Or that the club wasn’t prepared for Dundee changing their vote? we have till 23rd to prepare something, get a grip ffs 

We all hope you’re right mate. 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

There were more than them that weren't happy with the bullying on the vote . Hearts weren't happy , Aberdeen and Hibs changed their minds , teams unhappy by being pressured into accepting it , on top of which I'm sure there must be chairmen out there whose clubs were t affected , that must now have concerns with the way the game is being run up here  .  Even some of the press have been critical of the spfl's handling of the situation , so I think for the first time in years we would have support for change . 

There’s a reason Hibs and Aberdeen changed their mind an it’s the same reason that means they will sit in background and say fuck all, just like they’ve done so far.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Still got passed

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s a reason Hibs and Aberdeen changed their mind an it’s the same reason that means they will sit in background and say fuck all, just like they’ve done so far.

aye they'll both get 3 or 4 loan players for free next year,wait and see

Whole thing stinks like fuck

Sorry but reconstruction is way, way behind achieving structural change at the SPFL.

The scum were favourites to win the league so they get it gifted instead of actually winning it? Gives us years of piss taking imo.

The real prize is getting honourable men running the game. The last week has shown what an uphill struggle that will be.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

i seen that but their fucking idiots. 

The SPFL could still backtrack, keep our powder dry until they declare the lower leagues.  release anything now and you ive them a chance to escape accusations.

in saying that, a reconstruction group made up of the chairmen of 2 teams due to be relegated is as suspect as you can get. 

"If approved, this would result in the promotion of Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, and the relegation of Partick Thistle and Stranraer"

That's from the spfl release prior to the vote.

Relegation and promotion are finalised.

Full SG article on the bbc website.  

The SPFL's handling of the vote to curtail Scotland's lower leagues has been an "absolute mess" and needs investigating, says Steven Gerrard.

The Championship and Leagues One and Two have ended after Dundee belatedly backed the league's resolution following a change of heart.

Rangers had previously called for an inquiry and the suspension of SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

"From afar the SPFL looks an absolute mess," Gerrard told Sky Sports. 

"All I ask is for the main leader of the SPFL to show some real leadership.

"I think what he has to do now - because there are so many accusations, doubts and questions about this institution - is allow an independent investigation into the setup to prove everything wrong and make sure there is fairness and transparency."

Dundee Utd, Raith & Cove win titles and reconstruction talks start

Hearts angry at SPFL vote outcome

Falkirk 'reluctantly accept' SPFL vote

The passing of the resolution means Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have been declared champions of their respective leagues, while Partick Thistle and Stranraer have been relegated.

It also means the SPFL board has the power to "call" the Premiership season when it becomes clear it cannot continue, meaning Hearts would drop down a division.

A working group has been set up to examine the possibility of league reconstruction, including an expanded top flight for next term.

'Battered from pillar to post'

Rangers have already raised concerns about the vote process, claiming they had evidence which showed "bullying" and "coercion" of clubs into backing the proposal.

Hearts also claimed the SPFL had exerted "undue influence" on the vote, but the league has said it has acted "wholly properly" at every stage of the process and added Rangers have yet to produce the evidence to back up their claims.

"I'm listening to ex players, pundits, I'm reading media and it's [the SPFL] getting absolutely battered from pillar to post the way it's handled things in the past couple of days," Gerrard added.

"The SPFL has said it's open to an internal investigation but I don't agree with that because you shouldn't really be allowed to mark your own homework. If you mark your own homework, you're always going to come top of the class. There's not going to be any questions asked.

"I'm waiting for the leader [chairman] Murdoch MacLennan to say 'Okay, this is our organisation, I'm going to be the leader, show leadership and I'm going to allow an outside investigator to come in and go right across the whole situation and prove that everything's clean'.

"And if everything's clean, fair and transparent then the media and ex players can't slam the organisation."

Did thistle challenge it?  I believe they had to ten o’clock this morning to do so?  Can’t be bothered going back and reading the entire thread?  And has anything interesting happened this morning?

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Did thistle challenge it?  I believe they had to ten o’clock this morning to do so?  Can’t be bothered going back and reading the entire thread?  And has anything interesting happened this morning?

Folk seem to think it's 10am tomorrow. 

After a quick serach:

Financial profit for season ending 2018-19

Scum £11.5m

Hearts £2.9m

Well  £1.7m

Hibs 0.2m

St.Mirren £0.1m

Livingstone broke even

Aberdeen (£5m)

Us (£ 11.4m)

St.jon (0.1m)

Kilmarnock (0.2m)

Dundee (0.4m)

Hamilton (£0.5m)

5 Clubs made a profit in 2018-19, we were clearly in the league, yet 6 made a loss. Take our away tickets out of the equation at £20 each (thats the cheapest) and what 2500 (average) fans for both away games per season means that as supporters on tickets alone we put £0.9m into other scottish clubs. At a minimum we would be taking £82k off each team and more depending on actual ticket price and additional fans. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We won’t have any influence at all unless we stop alienating ourselves from the other 41 members of the league. The club realise this. It’s why we put up a resolution to financially help all the other clubs in the league.

Our plan is to use this to bring about change at the league executive level and bring competent people in. That won’t happen firing off angry statements every day. If we wanted to continue doing that we could just bring Jim Traynor back.

If the board are going to be seen to be threatening saying we will kill off your club no one is going to want to deal with us and no other jurisdiction will want to take us in.

I’m not sure why this has to be stated. It’s clear and obvious.

sounds like bridge building to me.  we are aiming for null and void without coming out and outright saying it.

seems obvious to me other than handing them a title. and even more obvious when our club want the games finished when everyone knows that is not feasible.

im not sure why i have to state this either as it is clear and obvious also.

you re in a fantasy land if you think these clubs want to bridge build with us. utter fantasy land. why lay in bed with those that tried to kill us. we can live within our means let the others try it without our money. in the end they will chage their tune.

15 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

aye they'll both get 3 or 4 loan players for free next year,wait and see

Whole thing stinks like fuck

This should be something that should be put forward if reconstruction goes ahead.

"No member team shall be permitted to loan players to clubs in the same league." effectively this is financial doping. Club A buys Club Bs best players in order to weaken Club B when they play Club A but will strengthen Club B against all other teams in the league. As they will have the transfer fee to strengthen with other players.

15 minutes ago, GOAT said:

How’s work mate?, you furloughed? 

44 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am losing the ability to be sensible at a fast rate B A. :happy:

I just want to hear what posters think about this 'main aim' and how will it be done ?

I hope it is possible but I would like to see the path laid out on how we achieve it.

Maybe we will see a major move by the board soon and we can sit back and enjoy a virtual cigar (I don't smoke) and the SPFL will be crumbling before our eyes.  

It will be a long wait.

This board don't do and never has done strategy. Paving a path to victory appears to be beyond our thinking.

Think about it. It actually wasn't us that came up with the so called evidence, but a whistleblower ffs. Where is the strategy in that that?! So off we popped like we had just won the Lottery, only to be put straight back in our box. Then to re emerge retaliating with some shite from Private Eye from years ago ffs. That will shock them into submission and bring the cabal down, right?!

Can one see a pattern emerging akin to five years of getting our arse caned by Ashley?!

Some reading the Beano too much, but at least that's funny.

Archived