Sign in to follow this  
OceanRain

Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

3 minutes ago, bluebell.scot said:

Siege mentality for me. No point coming out with daft statements unless we do something meaningful to back it up. Refusing away tickets for an entire season shows others we are serious.

Disagree, makes us look bitter and as if we’re trying to blackmail other clubs, if the fans want to boycott away games that’s fine but it cant be an official club stance

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Galls me to say it or think it but i suspect us and them will get together and say we’ll vote yes to reconstruction and lobby others to vote if our Colts are two teams added.

I think your'e right on that.

34 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We won’t have any influence at all unless we stop alienating ourselves from the other 41 members of the league. The club realise this. It’s why we put up a resolution to financially help all the other clubs in the league.

Our plan is to use this to bring about change at the league executive level and bring competent people in. That won’t happen firing off angry statements every day. If we wanted to continue doing that we could just bring Jim Traynor back.

If the board are going to be seen to be threatening saying we will kill off your club no one is going to want to deal with us and no other jurisdiction will want to take us in.

I’m not sure why this has to be stated. It’s clear and obvious.

They alienated themselves against us and then we proceeded to go round every single club on our journey back and supplemented many of those clubs (some came out and said that the games against us would keep them going for 2 or 3 years).

On the other side the SPFL continue to bribe and bully those same teams, those teams who mostly have voted with the SPFL. 

There is not one club trying to side with us and ask why our resolution was canned. We are, as always on our own.

The only thing we can do is blackmail clubs with lack of attendance at away games. Being all nice clearly isn't working. We don't need other team to WANT to side with us, we need them to HAVE to side with us because it is the better option for them.

Aberdeen have just gained about £500,000 for ending up 4th, if we were not to send any fans to the away games against them they would lose out on about £250,000 a year. Can they afford that year in year? That's the position we need to be putting clubs into.

We don't need them they fucking we'll need us.

Dickie likes this

27 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Players for Dundee United and Raith rovers were tweeting about being champions last night. 

Can understand Dundee Utd celebrating (almost), they were running away with it. 

Raith though - that’s the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen since this started. 

17 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Stevie G a last throw of the dice ?

We are goosed

No really ,just a voice of calm and reason to get a few points across before the big stuff ,best way to play it really 

compare it to what my approach would be 

“SPFL are a bunch o corrupt rosary swinging fenian bastards every cunt knows it ,they are at it the cunts bribing they inbred Dundee fannys and Edinburgh cunts Hearts wi a shitey league expansion that wulnae get voted through anyway ,cunts are laughing like fuck ,some cunt even put a photoshop of the prick dungcaster riding Ann Budge ,funny thing about it is that speccy prick would be lucky to get a ride at her as the ugly cunt is well punching there “

see my point would be lost 😂

27 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Players for Dundee United and Raith rovers were tweeting about being champions last night. 

Yes they did, Dundee scums board members celebrating drinking bottle of corona, how sick is that.

That should never be forgotten and raised at every opportunity..

2 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

They alienated themselves against us and then we proceeded to go round every single club on our journey back and supplemented many of those clubs (some came out and said that the games against us would keep them going for 2 or 3 years).

On the other side the SPFL continue to bribe and bully those same teams, those teams who mostly have voted with the SPFL. 

There is not one club trying to side with us and ask why our resolution was canned. We are, as always on our own.

The only thing we can do is blackmail clubs with lack of attendance at away games. Being all nice clearly isn't working. We don't need other team to WANT to side with us, we need them to HAVE to side with us because it is the better option for them.

Aberdeen have just gained about £500,000 for ending up 4th, if we were not to send any fans to the away games against them they would lose out on about £250,000 a year. Can they afford that year in year? That's the position we need to be putting clubs into.

We don't need them they fucking we'll need us.

It’s been pointed out many times on here before that Premiership clubs survived 4 seasons without income from us. If you go back to threads  on here from 2011 some of our own fans were even advocating then to be put down the divisions to cripple them. It didn’t work. Hell, they probably even thought they would be getting money from us again after 3 seasons but had to do without an extra year.

6 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

Disagree, makes us look bitter and as if we’re trying to blackmail other clubs, if the fans want to boycott away games that’s fine but it cant be an official club stance

Is there a reason why we should care how it “makes us look”?

Dickie likes this

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

How can any poster on here answer that???

That there has been coercion, bullying, blatant lying, illegality (allowing Dundee to re-vote), ignoring their own rules when it suited them, making things up on the hoof etc, etc is as plain as day.

Everyone knows it and they have even agreed to an internal investigation.

In the last 24hrs we have publicly called out the Chairman (who would chair the internal investigation) and our most powerful PR asset (SG) has now gone on national tv to lambast them and call out the ludicrous notion that they can "mark their own homework" via an internal investigation.

I along with others would rather back and applaud our board for the stance they are taking rather than lambast them 

Well we have 416 pages at the moment and views in every single aspect of this clusterfuck, so why can we not have some ideas on how this changing the SPFL will work? Many posters have said over the last few days that is our main aim, so I am asking how that can be done.

I have no idea how it can be done because we would need the support of many clubs to get an EGM (I assume) to make changes in the SPFL board, who will step up and back us rather than them ?

I am still hoping we have some smoking gun to pull out, but every hour and day that passes I am less convinced that we do.

What Stevie said was great but a statement from our board asking for an independent inquiry and suspension of office bearers was ignored, so do we really think what was said today is going to have them changing their minds, I unfortunately don't.

I am just being realistic now after getting caught up in the this statement below from the 11th, and thinking we were going in for the kill. I hope I am wrong but I am just not sure now. 

Saturday, 11 April 2020, 15:00

by Rangers Football Club

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs.

Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns.

Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.

The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.

Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate.

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay.

“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied.

“Other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.

“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Galls me to say it or think it but i suspect us and them will get together and say we’ll vote yes to reconstruction and lobby others to vote if our Colts are two teams added.

I think so to. It’s something the club has pushed for significantly in recent years. 

All the different aspects of this are being muddled though. 

’Champions’/relegation - is done, was always going to be and the club wont fight it.

Reconstruction - club will vote depending what benefits us financially, in a sporting sense, including Colt teams

Process/governance & weak leadership of the SPFL - that’s what the club are fighting and looking to change. 

magic8ball and Blumhoilann like this