Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

This alters things a little

PFA Scotland open to playing games behind closed doors as SPFL ponder over Premiership season

FRASER WISHART insists PFA Scotland are open to playing games behind closed doors if the SPFL want to complete the current Scottish Premiership season. The chief executive of the players’ union has responded after league bosses were granted the power to end Scotland’s top-flight indefinitely due to the coronavirus. A decision on the Premiership is expected to be made on April 23 when UEFA’s executive committee come together for their monthly meeting.

Scottish football is currently postponed until June 10, but clubs have been told not to expect a return to action until at least mid-August. Speaking to Sky Sports, Wishart said: “We certainly don't want to be a barrier if the way forward was to conclude the season and extend the contracts. "There would have to be certain terms and conditions put in place.

"With many Premiership clubs, there's ten, 12 and in some cases 15 plus players who are out of contract. "So there would have to be certain terms and conditions put in place, for example health and safety which is very, very important. "We had a situation where Juventus played a game behind closed doors right at the start of this crisis and one of their players sat on the bench and had Covid and tested positive right after.

"We need to make sure that everything is clear. We would also want insurances to be in place for people to extend their contracts where they are covered by injury insurance. "And also we would want income protection put in place as well. "So there's certain things that could be done and if that's the way that we have to go to complete our season, then we would certainly not be obstructive to that. "But I do think it's going to be very difficult for us in Scotland to complete the Premiership season."

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18384780.pfa-scotland-open-playing-games-behind-closed-doors-spfl-ponder-premiership-season/

Could you imagine if we completed the season with the biggest comeback ever! 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

Ffs, that's right.

It’s 11-1 in the Prem

I presume it’s 9-1 in the Championship

And I presume it’s 18-2 in League 1&2 combined. 

Not a chance in a million years.

Anne Budge is one daft old boot if she thinks it could happen.

Just now, bluenoz said:

that's incredibly unlikely but if they *actually* won it then I wouldn't begrudge them their title. the league table doesn't lie and they have been the better team since the winter break, so will deserve their title but that's the point here in my mind anyway, there's no sporting integrity whatsoever in them being handed a title they haven't won on the park

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

fuck them, the stupid cunts knew this before voting in favour of it. 

Was league reconstruction on the table last week?  I thought the voting slips were issued on Wednesday with a proposal to end the league early.  Meaning all current places were final and prize money would be handed out.  League Reconstruction became a thing after Friday in an effort to change Dundee's vote for NO, to YES.  Now there's (quite righty) backlash that clubs weren't all involved in talks of league reconstruction.  

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can’t see that being allowed simply because it breaks the social distancing rules.

No chance they will take the risk of it being spread. 

Even if they relax the current rules it will still be strict for a good period of time.

Zero chance of that happening. Until infallible testing or a vaccine is developed there'll be no contact sport allowed. Fairytale pie in the sky stuff. No chance the league will be completed. Null and void was the logical outcome but the tims are desperate for their 'title'.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

surely anyone with a brain would have realised that reconstruction had the possibility of some clubs losing out? they might have thought it's unlikely to get passed if that is the case, but it was still a possibility and the fact they had any trust whatsoever in this process is entirely on them IMO

The only thing the chairman of these clubs was thinking about was getting money.  Have you read the comments from some of the chairmen?  They didn't even believe a YES vote was the best route but did so because they needed the money.

1.jpg

2.jpg

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

The only thing the chairman of these clubs was thinking about was getting money.  Have you read the comments from some of the chairmen?  They didn't even believe a YES vote was the best route but did so because they needed the money.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21.

^^ from the wording the SPFL put on their website when they announced the vote

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If it's a choice between resuming the season, rushing all the games behind closed doors and seeing the tarriers getting over the line

and awarding them a title they've not won.

The second one.

Why? They will actually deserve it in that instance? 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Because I want that element of doubt to linger over them forever, with their title tainted and no pictures of the likes of Brown celebrating with it. 

that element of doubt isn't going to matter one bit for anyone except Rangers fans mate. to the rest of the world they have won 9 and it is what it is

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Aye.

Could it be that the PFA have said this so that they don't get roped into any conflict, If the SPFL end the season before SFA advice from UEFA ?

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

that element of doubt isn't going to matter one bit for anyone except Rangers fans mate. to the rest of the world they have won 9 and it is what it is

I'm no so sure mate, if the rest of the world looks at it and they've got a braincell they will go wtf (or should)

They like to pretend that we cheated in a sporting sense with our EBT's - this is payback. If I can't get null-and-void then the last thing I want is all these games rushed in to let them get over the line.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

^^ from the wording the SPFL put on their website when they announced the vote

They didn't consult with "clubs" tho, they consulted with Dundee only.  It happened over the weekend.  We have no idea what was said to change that NO to a YES but I'm sure we'll find out in the fullness of time.  Any reconstruction that takes place is sure to benefit Dundee tho, that's a given.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

9*

it will forever have that all important *

(* season’s fixtures not completed)

1 minute ago, TMB said:

They didn't consult with "clubs" tho, they consulted with Dundee only.  It happened over the weekend.  We have no idea what was said to change that NO to a YES but I'm sure we'll find out in the fullness of time.  Any reconstruction that takes place is sure to benefit Dundee tho, that's a given.

It need to be defined what happened in the hour after Dundee submitted their no vote.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm no so sure mate, if the rest of the world looks at it and they've got a braincell they will go wtf (or should)

They like to pretend that we cheated in a sporting sense with our EBT's - this is payback. If I can't get null-and-void then the last thing I want is all these games rushed in to let them get over the line.

fair enough

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

I know this, but my point is Clyde knew (and other clubs knew) there would be something happening regarding reconstruction - they still voted for it with very vague detail on this point. That's on them. Their ignorance and faith in the SPFL is on them

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Correct. The corruptions been done in the open. The only thing thats missing is the actual detail of what was said and agreed to. Its why our board is 100% correct in calling for an independent inquiry or even judicial route. 

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Aye.

Could it be that the PFA have said this so that they don't get roped into any conflict, If the SPFL end the season before SFA advice from UEFA ?

Not sure, in any case, Wishart has changed his tune. 

The players & staff's safety must come first.

Wee nippy will probably ok the closed door games to get the season finished. That means more.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

9*

it will forever have that all important *

(* season’s fixtures not completed)

will it though? I haven't read / seen that in any media outlet and I'm not expecting that to be the case, given their grip on media in this country, as much as we all want that to be the case

the narrative being set is that they definitely deserve their title. which is nonsense, as they haven't actually won it. 

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Dundee will benefit as it will be much easier for them to go up next season. With a 14 team top flight I’d imagine it will be 2 automatically up and down and possibly a 3rd playoff place. This would keep the lower half of the league interesting to drag more teams into relegation or playoff spots and limit number of meaningless fixtures.

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

it's annoying me that your username doesn't have "Dr" in it :lol:

The bold Dr Penttila always felt more confident wearing a stethoscope than a pair of football boots. 

Indeed in his first interview upon signing for the Famous he said: “It’s difficult to know what Mr Advocaat has seen in me”, before expressing relief that Glasgow had a university as he’d already put in three years at medical school in Finland and was anxious to continue his studies. 

Part of Dick Advocaat’s Finnish revolution alongside Jonathan Johansson, Antti Niemi and Jani Kauppila, big Tero won 5 caps for his country before retiring due to injury at the age of 30.

A staunch as fuck Lutheran, Penttila is now one of Finland’s leading experts on heart murmurs.

We should send a courier round at 9am with a notice of legal proceedings if there is no independent inquiry, he can also deliver our application for a loan of our own money. If they're duty bound to give us a loan and don't it's more ammunition for us.

Archived