Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

31 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Dundee will benefit as it will be much easier for them to go up next season. With a 14 team top flight I’d imagine it will be 2 automatically up and down and possibly a 3rd playoff place. This would keep the lower half of the league interesting to drag more teams into relegation or playoff spots and limit number of meaningless fixtures.

Would like to see us loan players to Ayr and Thistle to fuck scumdee over.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

9*

it will forever have that all important *

(* season’s fixtures not completed)

"For reasons out of everyones control" however. I hate hearing the words tainted in relation to this argument, because tainted is something that should be reserved for controversy on the pitch. Think Saracens and their wage cap cheating for example. Their titles are tainted. The whole country is in lockdown, seasons across the world that are called off because of this virus shouldn't see winners "tainted".  But the point the poster was making in relation to your point is that - and I know you don't want to acknowledge this, but it is true, people outside the Rangers circle will not asterisk number 9. They just won't. As a club, we've got to fight damn hard to make sure it stays at 9, because we're coming to stop 10! That's the motivation.

What I personally find ridiculous is we have a season that is almost complete, and it seems the sporting bodies/tv companies/clubs and even fans want to end the season and start a new one. Finish this one, and then start a new one. It pains me because I hate them, but if we can't finish the season then they should win the title. Because the alternative is scrapping the season, and that's a total waste of time, money and effort. It's an awful compromise though, because we should finish the season.

BUT!!! IT SHOULD NOT GET TO THAT. THE SEASON SHOULD RESTART AND FINISH

Here lies the problem though. I'm seeing these arguments.

1. Calling the season is unfair, celtic haven't won it.  - OK, but...

2. Restarting the  season in July is unfair, because it scews the season and results won't be organic/players out of contract/new signings concerns etc..... - OK, so lets...

3. Scrap the season.

Option 3 is the absolute worst option. From a Rangers perspective OK it stops 9 in a row. But that's all it does. From a sporting perspective it completely destroys everything and should be avoided. What's the solution. I'd like to hear solutions that solve all the issues that don't involve option 3 for options 3s sake. People saying 1 and 2 are unfair, 3 is the only option need to think before they type, because that's lunacy IMO.

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

will it though? I haven't read / seen that in any media outlet and I'm not expecting that to be the case, given their grip on media in this country, as much as we all want that to be the case

the narrative being set is that they definitely deserve their title. which is nonsense, as they haven't actually won it. 

A lot will depend on other leagues tbh. If all the  other leagues null and void and we don't then it will certainly be viewed as a nothing title across Europe. The opposite is true if leagues are handed out across the board. I'll be interested to see what the uefa advice is next week. The biggest thing outside the obvious corruption in the vote is not just waiting and falling in line with the other European leagues. We could have a situation where Liverpool don't win their league being 25 points ahead but shellick do being 10 points ahead. It's crazy.

I must be in the minority but I think it's a very good statement, very calculated and clear without being too bitter sounding. We have reiterated our stance and put our objections forward clearly and made the second demand for their removal. The first statement was was acted on with their internal investigation, this statement and SG comments show we are not letting this go. They cant now ignore us, they must be seen to react whether that's charging us or allowing further investigation, they cannot do nothing. I'm pretty certain we have the evidence to see this through or we would have let it go.

3 minutes ago, moorw003 said:

"For reasons out of everyones control" however. I hate hearing the words tainted in relation to this argument, because tainted is something that should be reserved for controversy on the pitch. Think Saracens and their wage cap cheating for example. Their titles are tainted. The whole country is in lockdown, seasons across the world that are called off because of this virus shouldn't see winners "tainted".  But the point the poster was making in relation to your point is that - and I know you don't want to acknowledge this, but it is true, people outside the Rangers circle will not asterisk number 9. They just won't. As a club, we've got to fight damn hard to make sure it stays at 9, because we're coming to stop 10! That's the motivation.

What I personally find ridiculous is we have a season that is almost complete, and it seems the sporting bodies/tv companies/clubs and even fans want to end the season and start a new one. Finish this one, and then start a new one. It pains me because I hate them, but if we can't finish the season then they should win the title. Because the alternative is scrapping the season, and that's a total waste of time, money and effort. It's an awful compromise though, because we should finish the season.

2. Restarting the  season in July is unfair, because it scews the season and results won't be organic/players out of contract/new signings concerns etc..... - OK, so lets...

3. Scrap the season.

Option 3 is the absolute worst option. From a Rangers perspective OK it stops 9 in a row. But that's all it does. From a sporting perspective it completely destroys everything and should be avoided. What's the solution. I'd like to hear solutions that solve all the issues that don't involve option 3 for options 3s sake.

You aren't obvious at all.

1 minute ago, trueblue 64 said:

I must be in the minority but I think it's a very good statement, very calculated and clear without being too bitter sounding. We have reiterated our stance and put our objections forward clearly and made the second demand for their removal. The first statement was was acted on with their internal investigation, this statement and SG comments show we are not letting this go. They cant now ignore us, they must be seen to react whether that's charging us or allowing further investigation, they cannot do nothing. I'm pretty certain we have the evidence to see this through or we would have let it go.

I disagree. 

It’s too soft almost defeatest. 

Gaffers statement aswell. There’s a difference in ‘what we’d like to see’ and ‘what we are demanding.’

Truly believe we over played our hand. Our evidence must be no more than Gardiner and the WhatsApp screenshots. 

Otherwise we’d be spitting bullets not feathers

6 minutes ago, moorw003 said:

3. Scrap the season.

Option 3 is the absolute worst option. From a Rangers perspective OK it stops 9 in a row. But that's all it does. From a sporting perspective it completely destroys everything and should be avoided. What's the solution. I'd like to hear solutions that solve all the issues that don't involve option 3 for options 3s sake.

5D0E63A3-0689-4900-B33C-B6F95E38CB4B.gif

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I disagree. 

It’s too soft almost defeatest. 

Gaffers statement aswell. There’s a difference in ‘what we’d like to see’ and ‘what we are demanding.’

Truly believe we over played our hand. Our evidence must be no more than Gardiner and the WhatsApp screenshots. 

Otherwise we’d be spitting bullets not feathers

The courier can do that in the morning when he delivers our ultimatum and our loan application, we will look better for giving them a second chance to do the right thing

26 minutes ago, moorw003 said:

3. Scrap the season.

Option 3 is the absolute worst option. From a Rangers perspective OK it stops 9 in a row. But that's all it does. From a sporting perspective it completely destroys everything and should be avoided. What's the solution. I'd like to hear solutions that solve all the issues that don't involve option 3 for options 3s sake. People saying 1 and 2 are unfair, 3 is the only option need to think before they type, because that's lunacy IMO.

The season needs to be scrapped due to an ongoing global pandemic.  You might not want to hear it but it's a fact.  Since the league is unable to be completed then it should be abandoned with no one getting relegated, promoted, or crowned champions.  Especially when Rangers were not awarded league titles when the game was abandoned during the war.

Final positions didn't need to be given.  The SPFL could've distributed the prize money evenly between all club thus benefiting the smaller ones the most.  How to wrap up the league, along with league reconstruction, should've been discussed at a latter date.  The member clubs needed time to discuss what the possibilities were, draft up proposals and argue their merits, then put it to a vote.  Not the kind of vote where clubs can change their mind 4 days later but a proper one.

12 minutes ago, moorw003 said:

3. Scrap the season.

What Rangers club are you affiliated with in Canada?  

12 minutes ago, moorw003 said:

3. Scrap the season.

Situation reversed, there's no way this season is ended. That's the truth of the matter. They'd award the scottish cup if they could.

11 minutes ago, moorw003 said:

3. Scrap the season.

What winners ?  Unless it's mathematically possible , nobody has won anything . 

Why is Option 3 the absolutely worst option ? 

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

The season needs to be scrapped due to an ongoing global pandemic.  You might not want to hear it but it's a facts.  Since the league is unable to be completed then it should be abandoned with no one getting relegated, promoted, or crowned champions.  Especially when Rangers were not awarded league titles when the game was abandoned during the war.

Final positions didn't need to be given.  The SPFL could've distributed the prize money evenly between all club thus benefiting the smaller ones the most.  How to wrap up the league, along with league reconstruction, should've been discussed at a latter date.  The member clubs needed time to discuss what the possibilities were, draft up proposals and argue their merits, then put it to a vote.  Not the kind of vote where clubs can change their mind 4 days later but a proper one.

I go back to the analogy of boxers in a 12 round bout that was stopped in the 8th due to the fire alarm going off. Would you award a winner? Very likely no. It would be voided and fought from scratch from round 1 at a sometime later date. The tims are desperate to prevent null and void no matter what, even if it means open corruption.

5 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Those fans who think that celtic fans will somehow be bothered by jibes about this title being awarded to them are lost in what they as Rangers fans would feel if the roles were reversed. We would be uncomfortable getting the title this way and would be reluctant to celebrate it, and would be bothered when other people rightly pointed out it wasn't a proper title win.

celtic are the football club who count goals scored in wartime but not goals against them. Their fans won't give one fuck. They'll take any win they get and won't have any reluctance to think this a proper title win at all. We could have been equal on points but one goal behind and they would have gladly had themselves claimed champions without batting an eyelid.

Exactly, they weren't bothered when the Collum Cup that was gifted.

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Those fans who think that celtic fans will somehow be bothered by jibes about this title being awarded to them are lost in what they as Rangers fans would feel if the roles were reversed. We would be uncomfortable getting the title this way and would be reluctant to celebrate it, and would be bothered when other people rightly pointed out it wasn't a proper title win.

celtic are the football club who count goals scored in wartime but not goals against them. Their fans won't give one fuck. They'll take any win they get and won't have any reluctance to think this a proper title win at all. We could have been equal on points but one goal behind and they would have gladly had themselves crowned champions without batting an eyelid.

Disagree. I’d shove it down every tarriers throat until they gagged.

6 minutes ago, writingranger said:

If the league is over, them all competitions are over. No Scottish cup. I bet that suddenly becomes possible to finish.

So the season is now finished, so the Scottish Cup is therefore null & void as it cannot be played. That being the case, then why can't the league be null & void also?

9 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

So the season is now finished, so the Scottish Cup is therefore null & void as it cannot be played. That being the case, then why can't the league be null & void also?

I think on the 26th UEFA will call for all leagues to be abandoned, no winners.no relegation as fixture is incomplete, with money to be paid out immediately. I think when the season starts back they'll take it from the starting point of 19/20 for Euro competitions. 

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think on the 26th UEFA with call for all leagues to be abandoned, no winners.no relegation as fixture is incomplete with money to be paid out immediately. I think when the season starts back they'll take it from the starting point of 19/20 for Euro competition. 

So, if that happens and is the case, we here in Scotland will have the tims celebrating, due to a corrupt vote, what should have been according to the rest of Europe, an abandoned league 'win'. 

Fuck sake. Under the Snp, we've become a fourth world country, under timothy rule. 

Dearie fucking me. Beam me up Scotty!

10 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

hope that's a rhetorical question mate - think we all know the answer to that one

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think on the 26th UEFA will call for all leagues to be abandoned, no winners.no relegation as fixture is incomplete, with money to be paid out immediately. I think when the season starts back they'll take it from the starting point of 19/20 for Euro competitions. 

23rd Sweet

4 minutes ago, Beerbarrel said:

So, if that happens and is the case, we here in Scotland will have the tims celebrating, due to a corrupt vote, what should have been according to the rest of Europe, an abandoned league 'win'. 

Fuck sake. Under the Snp, we've become a fourth world country, under timothy rule. 

Dearie fucking me.

I think there is a reason they wanted to push this through before the UEFA announcement

----------------------------

@bluenozCheers 👍

Archived