Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

19 minutes ago, tm91 said:

They are, by and large, a fanbase and football club without any sort of class whatsoever. You could expect the most ill-dignified response possible from them and still leave yourself open for shock. We're talking about a club that in the middle of a pandemic had their manager doing press conferences days before lockdown saying that 'they' weren't going to take their title away as a first point of concern.

They took advantage of odonnels death, one of their "all-time greats" to get an old firm game postponed when they were really struggling with injuries and suspensions, the player's who were on the park when he died had to play their next match. You could nae Mark these cunts with a blow torch, scummy paedos cunts.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sweetheart said:

I think there is a reason they wanted to push this through before the UEFA announcement

Definitely. 

The whole of whats happened here just hit me. 

Whats happened to our country?

How did we allow the tims/snp to corrupt this great land.

Fuck sake.

The issue should be corruption within the SPFL,  that is what we need to investigate.

Them being gifted the title will end up being irrelevant if every league worldwide does the same.

We need to tread carefully or risk embarrassment or even legal action against us.  I was 99% sure we had evidence a few days ago, not saying how much lower it is now but it's a fair bit.

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

They are, by and large, a fanbase and football club without any sort of class whatsoever. You could expect the most ill-dignified response possible from them and still leave yourself open for shock. We're talking about a club that in the middle of a pandemic had their manager doing press conferences days before lockdown saying that 'they' weren't going to take their title away as a first point of concern.

Then 2 days later it was saying "we would reluctantly accept the title,for the sake of Scottish football"
SELF SERVING HYPOCRITES. 
horrible club from top to bottom.

5 hours ago, moorw003 said:

"For reasons out of everyones control" however. I hate hearing the words tainted in relation to this argument, because tainted is something that should be reserved for controversy on the pitch. Think Saracens and their wage cap cheating for example. Their titles are tainted. The whole country is in lockdown, seasons across the world that are called off because of this virus shouldn't see winners "tainted".  But the point the poster was making in relation to your point is that - and I know you don't want to acknowledge this, but it is true, people outside the Rangers circle will not asterisk number 9. They just won't. As a club, we've got to fight damn hard to make sure it stays at 9, because we're coming to stop 10! That's the motivation.

What I personally find ridiculous is we have a season that is almost complete, and it seems the sporting bodies/tv companies/clubs and even fans want to end the season and start a new one. Finish this one, and then start a new one. It pains me because I hate them, but if we can't finish the season then they should win the title. Because the alternative is scrapping the season, and that's a total waste of time, money and effort. It's an awful compromise though, because we should finish the season.

BUT!!! IT SHOULD NOT GET TO THAT. THE SEASON SHOULD RESTART AND FINISH

Here lies the problem though. I'm seeing these arguments.

1. Calling the season is unfair, celtic haven't won it.  - OK, but...

2. Restarting the  season in July is unfair, because it scews the season and results won't be organic/players out of contract/new signings concerns etc..... - OK, so lets...

3. Scrap the season.

Option 3 is the absolute worst option. From a Rangers perspective OK it stops 9 in a row. But that's all it does. From a sporting perspective it completely destroys everything and should be avoided. What's the solution. I'd like to hear solutions that solve all the issues that don't involve option 3 for options 3s sake. People saying 1 and 2 are unfair, 3 is the only option need to think before they type, because that's lunacy IMO.

1 is the best option you are correct. Call it as it is. Unfortunately for Rangers and celtic no one has done enough on the park to win this season . Fortunately for Hearts and Hamilton no one has played badly enough to lose. End it as it is, no winners and no losers. 
If that bastardised football team has enough power to gift themselves a league title, football for Rangers in Scotland is finished, the rest can do with 2nd place but Rangers can’t. It isn’t just this one occasion, this has been happening for years. 

Think this story is gaining momentum, whilst other bodies are waiting for UEFA decision.

Rangers' Gerrard slams SPFL after season-ending vote passed
(Reuters) - Rangers boss Steven Gerrard criticised on Thursday the handling of the vote to end the Scottish season in the lower leagues and called for an investigation. Scotland’s 42 professional clubs voted digitally on a proposal to end the season immediately across the lower tiers and in the top tier Premiership if and when it becomes clear the campaign cannot be completed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The vote was passed with a majority meaning Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were declared champions of the Championship, League One and League Two respectively.

The Premiership, which celtic lead by 13 points from Rangers, will not be called off until at least April 23, the earliest date UEFA would accept the abandonment of top divisions to avoid the possibility of being barred from European competitions. Championship side Dundee did not vote last week but belatedly backed the Scottish Professional Football League’s (SPFL) resolution to end the season early following a change of heart. Rangers, who are second in the Premiership, and bottom side Hearts, who would be relegated, were not in favour of the resolution.

“From afar, the SPFL looks an absolute mess,” Gerrard told Sky Sports. “I’m watching ex-players, pundits and reading media and it’s getting absolutely battered from pillar to post for the way it’s handled things, certainly in the last couple of days. “There are so many accusations and doubts and questions about this institution, he (SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan) needs to allow an independent investigation... to prove everyone wrong and make sure there is fairness and transparency across the board in Scotland.” MacLennan has previously said that he was “entirely satisfied” that the SPFL had acted properly at every stage in the process. Rangers said last week they had evidence that raised “serious concerns” over the league’s voting process.

Hearts owner Ann Budge said she was “disillusioned and bitterly disappointed” after Dundee “re-cast its vote” to back the SPFL resolution and said they would continue fighting the decision. “I believe the whole process has been incredibly badly handled and shows Scottish Football in a very poor light,” Budge said. “I believe the SPFL should have admitted that errors had been made in the handling of this resolution, withdrawn it and asked clubs to re-vote. The outcome may have been the same but at least some of the criticisms would have been addressed. “I have said from the outset that it was imperative that we find a solution that ensures no club is penalised by relegation in a situation where the leagues cannot be finished. The financial consequences are enormous.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-soccer-scotland/Rangers-gerrard-slams-spfl-after-season-ending-vote-passed-idUKKCN21Y1WG

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Think this story is gaining momentum, whilst other bodies are waiting for UEFA decision.

So i would argue:

At least one journo was given the nod that  sg would be appearing

The clubs that voted "non"  were going to back down all along. They need to survive. Their parting shots do the deed however.  Bullets being made for Rangers to fire. 

Wonder whether some clubs that voted yes are ready to surface with allegations of being coerced. 

Someone backing Rangers calls for an inquiry.

The Penn State fans aren’t happy with him.

They know corruption has gone on and would rather just leave it alone.

Just like their club being involved in decades on child abuse they just want it covered up. 

I hope Gary Ralston has a good glazer handy.

14 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

So i would argue:

The clubs that voted "non"  were going to back down all along. They need to survive. Their parting shots do the deed however.  Bullets being made for Rangers to fire. 

Wonder whether some clubs that voted yes are ready to surface with allegations of being coerced. 

Well spotted. 👍

If the SPFL stop any external investigation, would Rangers then have a case to go to UEFA and complain about having to take part in a corrupt league, that they exposed and will suffer nnegative consequences of remaining in this league?

2 hours ago, CooperSF said:

4 hours 30 mins to lodge papers... 

Not a chance.

We will not be lodging papers, this is a long game and to do so now would paint us as big bad Rangers stopping clubs get their money. Political and PR suicide if we do so.

Unless the board is stupid 

25 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

So i would argue:

Trojan Horse springs to mind. 😁

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

We will not be lodging papers, this is a long game and to do so now would paint us as big bad Rangers stopping clubs get their money. Political and PR suicide if we do so.

Unless the board is stupid 

How would blocking this resolution stop clubs getting paid, they can still get their money by a loan? 

10 minutes ago, ZZed said:

If the SPFL stop any external investigation, would Rangers then have a case to go to UEFA and complain about having to take part in a corrupt league, that they exposed and will suffer nnegative consequences of remaining in this league?

They can’t stop an external investigation.

They can moan about it but can’t stop it.

I don’t know the process of how it works, I presume Rangers take what they have to a lawyer and they will decide if it can proceed.

If you as a business are being externally investigated you cannot stop it.

Edit........if the SPFL have nothing to hide they will openly agree to it. Them not doing that so far tells you all you need to know 👍

13 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Just like their club being involved in decades on child abuse they just want it covered up. 

Alan Brazil and Ray parlour also backed it. Brazil was pretty scathing of the spfl as well and parlour also took the piss out of their excuse 

18 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Waste of fucking time. An enquiry will have both SFA and SNP hand pick clowns who will do as they're told. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

That’s good. The more the merrier. The SPFL are an embarrassment to football.

Brazil even said it doesn't matter wether its spfl or sfa making the decisions, they always make a mess of it. Bearing in mind talksport is massive down south its good to get it out there 

Archived