Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Worldwide pandemic, thousands dying every day but the most important thing is the tims get awarded the league title by 5pm today. 

No shame whatsoever. 

Makes me think UEFA will make it null and void all round the leagues eventually 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

If its going to happen yes we need to make them work for it, to show them up for having in unbelievable power over the governing bodies. Clubs need to be shown the corruption at work here 

Should be shown the reports on them allowing children to be fucked up the arse.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Makes me think UEFA will make it null and void all round the leagues eventually 

UEFA are telling clubs don't decide anything yet just hold off so I don't know why Scotland is determined to decide everything at the start of April. 

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

UEFA are telling clubs don't decide anything yet just hold off so I don't know why Scotland is determined to decide everything at the start of April. 

I heard that it's only top league's who have been told to hold of. More manipulation by the paedos

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Isn’t that obvious buddy? Anything to help ra sellick

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Good to see Partick Thistle say out loud the SPFL have openly attempted to bribe them. 

The disbandment of the SPFL must be looked at ASAP.

Where’s this from  bud? 

As I understand it, our proposal is for clubs to be paid their final payment based on current position as an interest free loan. If the club finish in the same position, then the actual payment settles the loan, all good and settled. Might be the odd occasion where a club receives a little more/less than their final place merits and those will be rare and will be sorted out if and when they happen.

Clubs get their money immediately, financial crisis averted.

Anyone who votes against this really needs to be asked what the fuck is their agenda?

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Not celtic, the SPFL. To be fair the difference between the two is very marginal now. SPFL said that they need to vote in favour of their agenda to get their money. No agreement no money. SPFL and SFA need ripped out and replaced with a taigless democracy. 

Our next statement should be demanding to know who it is , and their reasoning , on needing an agreement before distributing money to enable clubs to survive - effectively holding a gun to their heads .

11 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Exactly. Its a time to dish out the cash, then pause. Use the tme to consider what is the best way forward. Null and void should not be off the table either.

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

When he mentions the message re: Partick Thistle, I wonder if he means the SPFL statement gave them the impression the message was "vote this through and get your cash" or if they have received veiled threats from the SPFL prior to voting?

Surely, if it's the latter, lawyers will have a field day?

12 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Good to see Partick Thistle say out loud the SPFL have openly attempted to bribe them. 

The disbandment of the SPFL must be looked at ASAP.

If bribery is involved will UEFA/FIFA need to be informed?

Just now, Sweetheart said:

If bribery is involved will UEFA/FIFA need to be informed?

Stupid as it is the first port of call is the SFA, no laughing.

Then UEFA and I’m not sure if FIFA get involved at all.

Failing that I’m not sure if CAS comes into play 👍

https://spfl.co.uk/news/board-update-on-Rangers-resolution

The SPFL Board received a requisition from Rangers, supported by two other clubs, that the Board must issue a further resolution to members.  This resolution sought to compel the SPFL to lend money to all 42 Clubs.

The Board took legal advice from a leading QC on the proposed resolution.  By law, the members of a private company can require their Board to circulate a resolution, unless such resolution would be ineffective if passed. 

The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members.

We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”.  For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution.  The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution.  The offer to help clubs with the drafting of their resolutions was made during the divisional conference calls on Wednesday.  Rangers chose to proceed without seeking that help, with the result that their resolution was ineffective.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2. 

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I have maintained all along that money should be distributed equally among all clubs. Fine points can be sorted later.

Is there more to it than 1 club demanding the title so they get the winners spoils ? I doubt it.

I think the total monies due to the Premier League should be distributed evenly in the Prem.

The monies due in the Championship should be evenly distributed amongst the Championship clubs.

And the same in both Leagues 1 and 2.

Lets help all the clubs out.

I don’t expect every club to be happy with that but the ones that aren’t would have a cheek to moan about uneven money distribution in football ever again. 👍

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

In 2008 they used the death of 1 man to manipulate the league.

In 2020 they’re using the death of thousands to manipulate the league.

A club like no other indeed.

I said it at the time and still baffled to this day how (with all due respect to O'Donnell) can be too traumatised to play us (with Boruc, McGeady and Nakamura all either injured or suspended), an ex squad player of theirs with Motherwell playing their next game after his death ...... and when Tommy Burns a favourite son of thiers and club legend died, they just had to play on next game and try to win the league "for Tommy"

As you say, a club like no other.

Just now, British_Empire said:

I said it at the time and still baffled to this day how (with all due respect to O'Donnell) can be too traumatised to play us (with Boruc, McGeady and Nakamura all either injured or suspended), an ex squad player of theirs with Motherwell playing their next game after his death ...... and when Tommy Burns a favourite son of thiers and club legend died, she had to play on next game and try to win the league "for Tommy"

As you say, a club like no other.

Another chapter of disgrace for that vile club. 

Archived