Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Not sure if it was a way of avoiding any EBT back tax but is he not bankrupt now 

Thing is he’s probably the player who has earned the most from an Ibrox career in our history 

I dunno mate but fuck him anyway, as we’ve said on the forum many times, all the foreign guys that come in and fall in love with the club do so much more for us

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Meh. There's been a handful of articles the past 10 years that I've thought 'that was a bit shit', yet I see people perpetually greeting about ex-player's comments. Virtually everything seems to be combed over for the thing they can be pissed off by.

By and large ex-players and such like are positive, but if they don't come up with the precise content that certain folk are looking for, it's the greeting-about-ex-player routine again. Alex Rae is a good example of this. Spends most of his time defending us and talking positively about us and gets nothing but insults and grief.  Supporting Rangers for some folk is nothing but an opportunity to indulge their greetin-faced nature.

Alex Rae does do his bit but just doesn’t do enough in many people’s eyes 

Still stays in the house he did when he played with us ,Strathblane ,I did a wee job at his house a few years back ,huge games room with all his shirts framed and close to 100 champagne bottles for man of the match awards 

wife’s tidy too ,from behind ,frightening body but scary face 😂

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yes. It doesn't bother me and I don't think it matters. Boyd is clearly pro-us but stops short if being the cheerleader everyone derides Sutton as being. 

Christ, where does anyone find the energy to be annoyed by things like what Boyd has said there.

We absolutely slate Sutton for his love of them so how could we justify loving boyd if he was to do the same thing  For us , rather have someone just call it down the middle and if that means occasionally saying a few bad words about us then so be it, least the honesty would be there 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I dunno mate but fuck him anyway, as we’ve said on the forum many times, all the foreign guys that come in and fall in love with the club do so much more for us

I know even indifferent guys like Ronald De Boer have far more good Will than this born and bred one 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I think you need to understand though that fans are passionate and when their club is up against it, and some of their so-called heroes toe the line of the opposition then it hurts and they take it personally. I don't think you need to look further into their mindset than that.

I include myself in the above.

Nobody's towing sellic's line lol. This excessive offendedness has been going on for years upon years. People are overly sensitive to any and every piece that doesn't say exactly what they would, given the chance. Occasionally players say shit they shouldn't have. Mostly they don't and people piss and moan anyway. And they give it more importance than it warrants.

6 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

We absolutely slate Sutton for his love of them so how could we justify loving boyd if he was to do the same thing  For us , rather have someone just call it down the middle and if that means occasionally saying a few bad words about us then so be it, least the honesty would be there 

Yeah, absolutely. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nobody's towing sellic's line lol. This excessive offendedness has been going on for years upon years. People are overly sensitive to any and every piece that doesn't say exactly what they would, given the chance. Occasionally players say shit they shouldn't have. Mostly they don't and people piss and moan anyway. And they give it more importance than it warrants.

Well that's where we disagree on a monumental scale. 

Of course these players/ex employee's are entitled to their opinions, but then the fans are entitled to think they're utter cunts in response to it (for the emotive reasons I mentioned) and then you, of course, are entitled to your opinion thinking the criticism is well over-the-top ... and we all have our opinions.

Some of the stuff out the gubs of Ferguson, Findlay and Gordon Smith are exactly the type of thing the SPFL/celtic have been saying/would have been saying (I use the "would" in relation to celtic because they are not saying much in public, their friends at the SPFL and hollicom payrole are doing it for them)

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nobody's towing sellic's line lol. This excessive offendedness has been going on for years upon years. People are overly sensitive to any and every piece that doesn't say exactly what they would, given the chance. Occasionally players say shit they shouldn't have. Mostly they don't and people piss and moan anyway. And they give it more importance than it warrants.

For something that is not important, you have commented the most. 

I simply said I didn't like what was said in the Record (not Sky) about Gerrard may consider leaving. That was it, an opinion. You then go on about how do people find the energy blah. blah....

12 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I value more the views and  comments of the likes of Mols, Albertz, Numan, Laudrup and many of the English ex-players than I do the likes of Boyd, the Ferguson's etc. 

The foreign and English lads seem to 'get it' more than some of the locals. 

9 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

No-one really cares that much when Sutton is declaring his love for them. If they do, then they're in the wrong.

Sutton as bammy as he is, is entitled to love whichever team he likes.

The issue with Sutton is when he's deliberate and obsessive and crosses over onto Rangers matters intentionally trolling, slandering and trying to wind people up. That's what annoys folk about Sutton.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

No-one really cares that much when Sutton is declaring his love for them. If they do, then they're in the wrong.

Sutton as bammy as he is, is entitled to love whichever team he likes.

The issue with Sutton is when he's deliberate and obsessive and crosses over onto Rangers matters intentionally trolling, slandering and trying to wind people up. That's what annoys folk about Sutton.

I agree with that but we have fans that obsess over him so he knows he can easily wind up a section of our fans, if we all just ignored him then things might be slightly better (still have to see his mug on tele). Folk just get wound up and reply to his tweets etc when they shouldn’t rise to it 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I agree with that but we have fans that obsess over him so he knows he can easily wind up a section of our fans, if we all just ignored him then things might be slightly better (still have to see his mug on tele). Folk just get wound up and reply to his tweets etc when they shouldn’t rise to it 

Aye that's fair enough. 

I don't agree with sharing the bile he spouts for the simple reason any tarriers or non Rangers fans reading in, get their jollies over it and it gives Sutton (and others) the vindication to keep going because they are getting the reaction they like.

That said, I don't think the stuff should go un-noticed. It's relentless.

I'd love to see the club start to take action against whatever outlets he contributes for, or as much as contractually possible.

But let's be honest, why change the habit of a lifetime?  they aren't going to start now.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Aye that's fair enough. 

I don't agree with sharing the bile he spouts for the simple reason any tarriers or non Rangers fans reading in, get their jollies over it and it gives Sutton (and others) the vindication to keep going because they are getting the reaction they like.

That said, I don't think the stuff should go un-noticed. It's relentless.

I'd love to see the club start to take action against whatever outlets he contributes for, or as much as contractually possible.

But let's be honest, why change the habit of a lifetime?  they aren't going to start now.

Don’t get me wrong mate, the guy is a first class cunt 😂😂

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Well that's where we disagree on a monumental scale. 

Of course these players/ex employee's are entitled to their opinions, but then the fans are entitled to think they're utter cunts in response to it (for the emotive reasons I mentioned) and then you, of course, are entitled to your opinion thinking the criticism is well over-the-top ... and we all have our opinions.

Some of the stuff out the gubs of Ferguson, Findlay and Gordon Smith are exactly the type of thing the SPFL/celtic have been saying/would have been saying (I use the "would" in relation to celtic because they are not saying much in public, their friends at the SPFL and hollicom payrole are doing it for them)

Towing a line implies intent to back sellic in some way, rather than simply give their opinion, and that's just nonsense to suggest. Ill informed, perhaps. Not in our best interests, perhaps. Toeing a line? Nup.

The issue isn't people taking exception to the odd articles where ex-players go against the grain of the support or say something stupid. The issue is the same kinds of people time and again pissing and moaning about stuff like Boyd wrote, or Ferguson, Smith, Findlay, Brown, Gough, Hateley, Souness, McCoist, Rae, DJ and so on. Occasionally it's hard to argue with the irritation, mostly it's just the same people being easily offended.

Even Boyd should've worked out that he was being used. He could quite easily have queried Nixon's piece and said what several in here have said about Gerrard talking about what needs to be done.

But no - he ignores all that and continues with the speculative shite, doubting Gerrard's position at the club. 

On Gerrard, Boyd says "Does he want to come back and re-build another squad or has he had enough?" 

Why? Just why?  No need. 

Just another ex-Ranger content being worked from the back for a few bob.

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For something that is not important, you have commented the most. 

I simply said I didn't like what was said in the Record (not Sky) about Gerrard may consider leaving. That was it, an opinion. You then go on about how do people find the energy blah. blah....

First bit makes no sense as a criticism. I didn't say it's not important for one, and for another I'm commenting on folk's reactions to player comments, not the comments themselves. And those reactions are important in RM forum circles.

Yeah mate. You and others made comment on Boyd, I criticised the reaction in the context of regular anger towards ex-players, and now I can only take it that you're apparently upset at the idea that that should be how a forum works. Points made, points criticised. Alas, it is how a forum works.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

First bit makes no sense as a criticism. I didn't say it's not important for one, and for another I'm commenting on folk's reactions to player comments, not the comments themselves. And those reactions are important in RM forum circles.

Yeah mate. You and others made comment on Boyd, I criticised the reaction in the context of regular anger towards ex-players, and now I can only take it that you're apparently upset at the idea that that should be how a forum works. Points made, points criticised. Alas, it is how a forum works.

Everyone is on pin & needles at the moment mate. If this dossier goes pear-shaped the media will have a field day at our expense. 

If Boyd wanted to do an article on the club he loves so much, he could have talked about our new retail deal which is a positive story. Instead, he took back-handed money and I thought the timing of it sucked.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Fuck sake it’s back to the bribe, I mean drawing board for another crack at getting the bheasts that title. 

5E31389E-967A-41E2-B7A9-75CB15DB6FDD.png

Funny how the wee taig below the picture is questioning the source when it might work against them 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Funny how the wee taig below the picture is questioning the source when it might work against them 

Every single Record tweet has a bheast commenting, but if the tweet is Rangers related they infest it with utter shite. An embarrassing bunch of people. 

Archived