Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hope we draw Dunfermline/Raith/Brechin in the cup and play them in front of an empty Ibrox 👍🏻

Be struggling for space in the midfield that day not to mention beating three keepers.

Shock away win imo

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I didn't expect to get to this point tbh I thought proxy votes would be done by now

The teams who are planning to vote NO, do so with trepidation in knowing deep down inside, corruption exists. They won't want to put themselves further in the spotlight by voting through proxy.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Lowland league club correcting the guy who earns over 400k a year and head of the league on how the play offs work. Fuckin hell 😂

The guy is a car crash.

Kelty Hearts calling him negligent, nail hit squarely on the head.

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Can someone cut/paste the Kelty & Dunfermline statements.  I can't see for firewalls.

I have said many times over the last couple of months, there are much more important things happening in our community and the wider world at present, than football. These matters should be our priority. 

In that context, it is not only regrettable but extremely embarrassing, that I have to provide this statement following the release of accusatory comments in a Club Statement made by the Chairman and CEO of Inverness, I am sadly now left with no option but to put the record straight.

The individuals have been very careful not to mention me by name, but their intended target is clearly apparent. 

In life, you stand and fall by your reputation and your actions, and I thank the very many people from other clubs who have contacted me since these “leaked” WhatsApp messages first surfaced, to offer their support. I like the company I keep. 

Since the SPFL director’s resolution was first issued, a number of clubs in the Championship would confirm it is the behaviour of Inverness that has continually been aggressive and confrontational. However, no one felt it necessary to win points in public, as robust conversations take place in the normal course of a competitive business like football.

Turning to the “allegation” regarding the information that was conveyed by me to Inverness FC, on Friday 10th April 2020. 

As confirmed by their own leaked What’sApp message group, I clearly did so as Dunfermline Athletic FC Chairman and NOT as an SPFL Board Member (as was expressly agreed and verified, before the call with other Championship clubs). 

It most certainly wasn’t a threat, simply a potential consequence of their action not to back the SPFL resolution currently put in front of them, in favour of a counter resolution which was being mooted at that time.

This resolution would effectively have the same consequence as a “null and void” conclusion to the league season, but the SPFL central distribution monies would still be provided to clubs on their current standing. This was not going to be acceptable to Dunfermline Athletic, Alloa Athletic, Greenock Morton, Queen of the South and Arbroath. 

This had been openly highlighted the previous evening, during a video conference call of all but one Championship club, and raised by two Championship clubs at the time. This meeting was set up by me in good faith.

Therefore, the communication to the Chairman of Inverness, on Friday 10th April was that any vote in favour of an alternative resolution like this, should the existing one fail, may be entirely dependent on all clubs in the SPFL Championship obtaining an equal (“one tenth”) of the attributable distribution pot for the Championship. 

There are many more things I would like to say, but I will retain my dignity and continue to be more concerned about the long term future of Scottish football at this time. The endless point scoring is becoming tiresome, and I would have preferred to rise above it, but I have a duty to protect the reputation of Dunfermline Athletic FC.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The teams who are planning to vote NO, do so with trepidation in knowing deep down inside, corruption exists. They won't want to put themselves further in the spotlight by voting through proxy.

Well I don't think there is any chance of victory so I hope we have a interim interdict ready to be filled immediately.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Well I don't think there is any chance of victory so I hope we have a interim interdict ready to be filled immediately.

We can't win mate but I'm optimistically going high - 25 is my guess.

I honestly didn't think McArthur would come out and say he wasn't bullying. But to come out and not only say he wasn't bullying but that ICT was, WAS, is absolutely astonishing.

He thinks he is protected by the fenian cabal but he ain't.

To also say he was acting as Dunfermline Chairman and not as a SPFL board member is also incorrect, ICT already said he was acting for the SPFLs best interests and not Dunfermlines.

When the threats made by him become public he will have alot of explaining and apologising to do. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Any club sitting on the fence just needs to read ICT, Kelty & Partick's statements compared to Dundee & Dunfermline's backtracking statements and that should be enough to make their mind up.

The fence sitters won't make a difference to the winning result if they vote for it. Only difference would be made is a higher % for us to use in future.

Just now, esquire8 said:

The fence sitters won't make a difference to the winning result if they vote for it. Only difference would be made is a higher % for us to use in future.

Someone needs to convince me that it is 75% in three different brackets because I've also read it is 75% overall.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I honestly didn't think McArthur would come out and say he wasn't bullying. But to come out and not only say he wasn't bullying but that ICT was, WAS, is absolutely astonishing.

To also say he was acting as Dunfermline Chairman and not as a SPFL board member is also incorrect, ICT already said he was acting for the SPFLs best interests and not Dunfermlines.

When the threats made by him become public he will have alot of explaining and apologising to do. 

What's the odds we're going to see another ICT statement today? :lol:

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Of the same mind mate. I didn’t think that cunt would come out with a statement. 

22 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's the section that stood out for me. Surely pointing out consequences if you don't vote a particular way IS a threat? Threats don't need to be at gunpoint. These people know that but are trying desperately to change the narrative. Failing badly.

It's also how it was pit to them. 

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

There are many more things I would like to say, but I will retain my dignity and continue to be more concerned about the long term future of Scottish football at this time. The endless point scoring is becoming tiresome, and I would have preferred to rise above it, but I have a duty to protect the reputation of Dunfermline Athletic FC.

Hmmmm....who else do we know uses that expression when they don’t like facts presented to them???

Archived