Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Felling more  confident tho still wont will but if hibs join us Aberdeen and hearts in voting imo that be massive

Dempster I see as having a high chance of voting in favour due to quitting that sham of a reconstruction squad very quickly and her statement not completely backing up what the SPFL have done.

Cormack is a funny one. His radio interview what seems to be many moons ago was very much complimentary of Doncaster but recently his statements have been completely sold as a lie by Doncaster and MacLennan.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Right I went and had a check of what we need for it to pass.

Its 75% of the 42. So technically 32. But...

It needs 75% of the Premiership to vote in favour too. Lower league clubs just go towards the total.

Hope that sorts it out 😂

its 75% of the SPL, 75% of the championship and 75% of the lower two leagues so 9 SPL teams needed, 9 championship teams needed and 15 lower league clubs. Anything below this in either of the 3 league groupings and it fails

5 minutes ago, gj923 said:

its 75% of the SPL, 75% of the championship and 75% of the lower two leagues so 9 SPL teams needed, 9 championship teams needed and 15 lower league clubs. Anything below this in either of the 3 league groupings and it fails

Sure it's just the 9 Prem and 32 out of 42 that's needed. Not like the resolution vote before.

Good afternoon,

I’d like to draw your attention to an article I’ve had the displeasure of reading this morning on social media. I have attached the original headline and the link to the article in this email. 

For some context, Sonia O’Neill is a professional footballer for Rangers Women’s Football Club. A woman who has a role inspiring many young women who want to make it in the game. 

Here in this article, which is at best a sexist piece of nonsense, she is presented as a gimmick to assist Rangers FC, who are looking for an independent investigation into the corporate governance of the governing body of the league structure in which they play. Ms O’Neill is characterised as someone who can “multi-task” and help another woman, Ann Budge who is the owner of Heart of Midlothian FC.

The article doesn’t make any other reference to Ms O’Neill, other than the fact that Ms Budge might like fairer gender representation in boardrooms across Scottish football. 

These two references are the only two references that are made to Ms O’Neill in the whole article and I believe that the “journalist” who put his name to this article, Matthew Lindsay of Herald Scotland, is insinuating that Ms O’Neill could potentially sway votes in the upcoming EGM due to her appearance. 

I find it abhorrent in this day and age that a women who is a professional footballer is subject to this kind of thinly veiled sexism and referenced in an article that only speaks about the corporate governance of the Scottish Professional Football League, something which Ms O’Neill has no involvement in whatsoever. 

I look forward to your reply and if you need any assistance in taking this further I’d be happy to help. 

Thanks for all your time...

If anyone has anything to add to that or to take away anything let me know. I’m not normally one for highlighting these things but that article is the most ridiculous piece of nonsense I’ve ever read. I’m not particularly invested in women’s football either but it’s about time we started picking up on these ridiculous articles which are attacking people’s character with no relevance whatsoever 

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Felling more  confident tho still wont will but if hibs join us Aberdeen and hearts in voting imo that be massive

Hivs are vital for trying to get vote of no confidence . I think if it was down to her . We would get her vote . Then there is slime ball Petrie , 

14 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

They’re not desperate to avoid an independent investigation as they already know the votes aren’t there to pass the EGM resolution on Tuesday. 

Which begs the question why the need for this PR offensive from Doncaster.

What’s the theme tune at the end of the Italian Job again? 

:whistle:

🇬🇧 ...... De .. de .. de de  ..... de de de de de ..... de de de de de de de de de .....

De de .... de de de ..... de de de de de .... de de de de de de de ...... 🇬🇧

That the one you were looking for mate? .... enjoy.

:UK:

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Good afternoon,

I’d like to draw your attention to an article I’ve had the displeasure of reading this morning on social media. I have attached the original headline and the link to the article in this email. 

For some context, Sonia O’Neill is a professional footballer for Rangers Women’s Football Club. A woman who has a role inspiring many young women who want to make it in the game. 

Here in this article, which is at best a sexist piece of nonsense, she is presented as a gimmick to assist Rangers FC, who are looking for an independent investigation into the corporate governance of the governing body of the league structure in which they play. Ms O’Neill is characterised as someone who can “multi-task” and help another woman, Ann Budge who is the owner of Heart of Midlothian FC.

The article doesn’t make any other reference to Ms O’Neill, other than the fact that Ms Budge might like fairer gender representation in boardrooms across Scottish football. 

These two references are the only two references that are made to Ms O’Neill in the whole article and I believe that the “journalist” who put his name to this article, Matthew Lindsay of Herald Scotland, is insinuating that Ms O’Neill could potentially sway votes in the upcoming EGM due to her appearance. 

I find it abhorrent in this day and age that a women who is a professional footballer is subject to this kind of thinly veiled sexism and referenced in an article that only speaks about the corporate governance of the Scottish Professional Football League, something which Ms O’Neill has no involvement in whatsoever. 

I look forward to your reply and if you need any assistance in taking this further I’d be happy to help. 

If anyone has anything to add to that or to take away anything let me know. I’m not normally one for highlighting these things but that article is the most ridiculous piece of nonsense I’ve ever read. I’m not particularly invested in women’s football either but it’s about time we started picking up on these ridiculous articles which are attacking people’s character with no relevance whatsoever 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Good afternoon,

Well done sir, hat doffed,

You are correct in assuming elements of the SMSM will use ANY MEANS

to deride and derail Rangers attempts to bring fairness to the SPFL

40 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So null n void was just down to "commercial risks". Now count me stupid but don't the SPFL have very little commercial income anyway? And it's going to be even smaller now that Doncaster has given away the sponsorship rights for peanuts. Clubs were lied to, bullied and coerced. 

commercial risks for 1 club?

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Thistle worry me though . The line " we are not picking sides "  

They have changed their tune quite a few times 

Nothing in that mate. They are just trying to sound diplomatic. They are pissed off and defo voting yes.

2 minutes ago, Canabear said:

Anyone any idea if any investigation into these clowns would turn up who paid for the Deloitte investigation??

As a member club (who effectively employ) the executive, can we not basically demand this expense and cause of initiating it be made available?

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Sure it's just the 9 Prem and 32 out of 42 that's needed. Not like the resolution vote before.

Plenty of other places have it as the same voting structure across the leagues as the previous vote

17 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Good afternoon,

Link?

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

As a member club (who effectively employ) the executive, can we not basically demand this expense and cause of initiating it be made available?

I don't see why not.

Anyone who thinks Doncaster has no idea how much that Deloitte investigation cost and exactly who paid for it really needs to open their eyes here because if it was anyone other than the SPFL then that is another thing that would need looking into.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Thistle worry me though . The line " we are not picking sides "  worries me .

They have changed their tune quite a few times 

They've got a tough choice like most of the other 41 clubs. Do they fall in line and get on with finding a way through this with very little potential costs? Or do they go alongside us knowing that this could potentially end up costing them in the courts? 

Don't get ahead ourselves here we are very much fighting a losing battle with the other clubs.

I know most don’t listen to Clyde but we should all phone tonight and say we are fans of other clubs and say we want our clubs to back and independent enquiry.

We should also be arguing that the leagues are voided should we not play bcd and the current league standings should equal any payments and euro places as this will only be given due to current sporting merit as a half measure as positions can still change should football be played.

Archived