The much-maligned "bridge building"

A large section of the support (myself included) have slaughtered the club for the bridge building (or attempts at it) since what we've endured since 2012.

Now, whilst I understand this widespread corruption in Scottish football isn't solely our battle and responsibility, this does seem to drop at our doorstep as Scotland's biggest club and the other big hitter of the two (the other obviously being the tarriers) 

If reports are true that Hibs and Livingston want new votes, couple with statements and on-record sound bytes coming from many more teams like Hearts, Partick Thistle, Dumbarton, Inverness, Dundee (before they were got to and bribed), East Fife, Peterhead, Falkirk (there may be more, I'm unsure)

Is now the time to sense a change of tide and actually start forming proper (but fair) relationships with the rest of Scottish football to get our voice back and fairness into the game in Scotland throughout all the divisions that not only benefits us, Rangers, but everyone else too rather than the monopoly of power celtic and Lawwell seem to have in thier grip?

It obviously won't happen overnight but I could easily be persuaded if the rest of Scottish football are showing a genuine appetite to rise against this cabal and a certain teams unjust influence

EDIT - Important to say, to be clear - I'm asking if there's genuine remorse and a realisation that they have fucked it and see the influence celtic have had on our game - could we and/or should be capitalise? it's a genuine question rather than me wanting to jump into bed with teams that hate us. I am not saying they voted to award celtic a title they haven't won, let's jump into bed with them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

A large section of the support (myself included) have slaughtered the club for the bridge building (or attempts at it) since what we've endured since 2012.

Now, whilst I understand this widespread corruption in Scottish football isn't solely our battle and responsibility, this does seem to drop at our doorstep as Scotland's biggest club and the other big hitter of the two (the other obviously being the tarriers) 

If reports are true that Hibs and Livingston want new votes, couple with statements and on-record sound bytes coming from many more teams like Hearts, Partick Thistle, Dumbarton, Inverness, Dundee (before they were got to and bribed), East Fife, Peterhead, Falkirk (there may be more, I'm unsure)

Is now the time to sense a change of tide and actually start forming proper (but fair) relationships with the rest of Scottish football to get our voice back and fairness into the game in Scotland throughout all the divisions that not only benefits us, Rangers, but everyone else too rather than the monopoly of power celtic and Lawwell seem to have in thier grip?

It obviously won't happen overnight but I could easily be persuaded if the rest of Scottish football are showing a genuine appetite to rise against this cabal and a certain teams unjust influence

Clubs have voted to hand the taigs a fucking title and you are wanting to build bridges. Fucking hell.

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Clubs have voted to hand the taigs a fucking title and you are wanting to build bridges. Fucking hell.

No that's not what I said at all. 

I'm asking if there's a genuine remorse at this decision and there's an uprising against it - due to the examples I've given regarding teams feeling bullied, bribed and now even wanting a new vote, is it the time to look a productive relationship for our own good? it's a question. 

Strike while the iron is hot.

I'll maybe try dumb it down a bit for you.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

No that's not what I said at all. 

I'm asking if there's a genuine remorse at this decision.

No. This is PR departments of clubs attempting a little virtue signalling before the SPFL announces the resoluton has passed.

It's noon on Tuesday. It was obvious - even to those who didnt have a dog in the fight - what was going on by 6pm on Friday.

They're a shower of chancing bastards trying to ride on the coat tails of people who genuinely put their heads on the block by speaking out, like Gardiner and, to a certain extent, Budge.

Don't fall for this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

No. This is PR departments of clubs attempting a little virtue signalling before the SPFL announces the resoluton has passed.

It's noon on Tuesday. It was obvious - even to those who didnt have a dog in the fight - what was going on by 6pm on Friday.

They're a shower of chancing bastards trying to ride on the coat tails of people who genuinely put their heads on the block by speaking out, like Gardiner and, to a certain extent, Budge.

Don't fall for this nonsense.

I'm just thinking out loud. My initial post has a few IF's in it, what I'm getting at is if there was a genuine regret and a realisation from the other clubs that wait a minute this is corrupt and wrong would now be our time to strike and get teams onside for our own good? we need to make Scottish football for the benefit of us again, like it used to be.

On Saturday afternoon, in an unprecedented move, the chief executive of a Scottish football club called a national football radio programme, to effectively say that they had evidence to suggest another Scottish football club could be involved in a vote rigging scandal involving the SPFL. At that point, every single football club in the country had a duty to their supporters to question the integrity of the vote they had paricipated in. 

How many of asked questions?

And how many chose to keep silent for the sake of the money their votes had been held to ransom with?

They don't give a fuck.

Just now, OceanRain said:

On Saturday afternoon, in an unprecedented move, the chief executive of a Scottish football club called a national football radio programme, to effectively say that they had evidence to suggest another Scottish football club could be involved in a vote rigging scandal involving the SPFL. At that point, every single football club in the country had a duty to their supporters to question the integrity of the vote they had paricipated in. 

How many of asked questions?

And how many chose to keep silent for the sake of the money their votes had been held to ransom with?

They don't give a fuck.

I'm not saying they aren't cunts or they haven't not done the wrong thing.

I am asking, if there's a genuine remorse now and realisation, is it something we should consider? for our own good. 

I don't need reminding of what's went on. They've behaved appallingly. Allowed themselves to put money over sporting integrity and allowed themselves to be bullied.

It also shows the weak mentality of them that it took one man from one club in Inverness to come out then they all jump on the bandwagon.

Should we capitalise? that's what I'm asking. 

It's 100% necessary to be politically savvy. To bridge build, in other words. With the right people. Obviously the sellic place men are a no go, but CEOs at most clubs are likely to be open to skillful negotiation. Most of them don't care about sellic, and most probably don't hate us the way their fans do, so back room dealing is likely quite possible. As said elsewhere, a lonesome, resentful of everyone crusade won't get us anywhere. 

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's 100% necessary to be politically savvy. To bridge build, in other words. With the right people. Obviously the sellic place men are a no go, but CEOs at most clubs are likely to be open to skillful negotiation. Most of them don't care about sellic, and most probably don't hate us the way their fans do, so back room dealing is likely quite possible. As said elsewhere, a lonesome, resentful of everyone crusade won't get us anywhere. 

Yeah. I'm really not saying "let's jump into bed with those who voted to award celtic a title they never won" ... reading statements and listening to interviews with the people who have made those decisions I genuinely think it's first and foremost been about money they need and having no other way of staying in business. 

celtic getting awarded a title they haven't won is just a consequence of that, but an after thought for those teams (but is/was the main aim of the rat bags who proposed it)

In short, what I'm trying to say is, that if we do have to build these relationships at some point to get our voice and standing back so we'll be in control of our own destiny within Scottish football, would there be a better time to strike than this? while there's a wind-swell of resentment to celtic and the governing bodies. That's all I'm really asking. 

I think it's worth thinking about. For us.

NOT just one rotten apple in the herarchy barrel but at least  6 on my last count..all in influential positions.They think they are untouchable ..lets see what enfolds...be sure significant changes will have to be battled for  in ensuring a level playing field.Don't expect them to investigate themselves ...the only way forward is independent scrutiny which  will be an  almost impossible task to instigate.

1 minute ago, doc holliday said:

nOT just one rooten apple in the herarchy but at least  6 on my last count..all in influential positions.

I agree mate. But how do we go about changing that? IMO it's by building positive relationships with the rest of Scottish football in light of this (if this wasn't happening just now I wouldn't find it a good idea) and forcing the issue on our terms. Using the same muscle that celtic have done in a long game to get it to that stage to benefit them.

It all started with  ex celtic Chairman   Reid  ...the arch political manipulator,used to being Blair's fixer.

Sorting out the blazers within the SFA tearooms  was like taking candy from a baby for him.

His success and the fruits of his early politicizing and power grab  is clearly seen in the celtic dominated organisation running the show now.

1 minute ago, doc holliday said:

It all started with  ex celtic Chairman   Reid  ...the arch political manipulator,used to being Blair's fixer.

Sorting out the blazers within the SFA  was like taking candy from a baby for him.

His success and the fruits of his early politicizing is clearly seen in the celtic dominated organisation running the show now.

Absolutely. Tarriers are world class as playing the long game.

Be it cunts in the SNP getting to Hollyrood, Catholics infiltrating top positions in banks etc through Opus Dei, the Provo's from the Falls getting orangemen prosecuted, similar in Scotland with mobs like Kick It out standing outside Chapels they normally couldn't find with a map to get parades stopped, or Lawwell/John Reid at celtic football club putting pawns in place all over Scottish football to do their bidding in key areas.

It's all one in the same.

Which is why I think now might be a good time to counter that - as uncomfortable as it may be.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

EDIT - Important to say, to be clear - I'm asking if there's genuine remorse and a realisation that they have fucked it and see the influence celtic have had on our game - could we and/or should be capitalise? it's a genuine question rather than me wanting to jump into bed with teams that hate us. I am not saying they voted to award celtic a title they haven't won, let's jump into bed with them.

Eh, no.

The club don't have any other choice other than attempting to get other clubs on side.

The 'fuck them' attitude is all well and good but it gets us absolutely nowhere.

We need other clubs backing us up otherwise it can be easily written off as big bad Rangers moaning again.

7 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

The club don't have any other choice other than attempting to get other clubs on side.

The 'fuck them' attitude is all well and good but it gets us absolutely nowhere.

We need other clubs backing us up otherwise it can be easily written off as big bad Rangers moaning again.

We need to keep the fight going and get the banners ready for next season of every corrupt issue right down to the ppl in the jobs in the Spfl positions  all being celtic related .

And in perfect view of the cameras at every match.

I can see the OPs point . 

Of course there are a few teams we'll never be close to , but the vast majority of clubs we should have a lot more in common with than we do , and the fact we've little support , at a time when it's obvious to all about the corruption of the spfl , says , to me , what we're doing isn't working too well .

1 hour ago, pollok-bear said:

Why are hibs and Livingston only speaking out now after voting yes. Fucking blatant corruption fuck every club that voted this through.

I agree there is a lot of corruption but a lot of clubs who haven’t got much to play for only voted this through because they are skint and the  spfl basically said you have to vote this through to get money which in its self didn’t leave many club a option wether they wanted to vote yes or no.

53 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

We need to keep the fight going and get the banners ready for next season of every corrupt issue right down to the ppl in the jobs in the Spfl positions  all being celtic related .

And in perfect view of the cameras at every match.

do you seriously think anyone is going to bother their arse about a few banners  get real  these cunts have brass necks  they would just laugh it off

Archived