Sign in to follow this  
Elfideldo

Rangers Trialists

Mind that guy George Welcome we had in 2011? I’ve no idea why I remember this 😂😂

fin8577 likes this

Hilmar McShane. No danger of anyone on the planet sharing that name. File alongside Baldur Bett (Jim’s lad). 

Re trialists, Super David May comes to mind under McLeish. And the 5’4” Alan Wright. 

3 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

He had a couple of bad injuries if I remember right but he's back fit now. 

Lasted 9 minutes in game against Brentford on 10th March, so injured again

RFC RYAN likes this

18 hours ago, Tero Penttila said:

Hilmar McShane. No danger of anyone on the planet sharing that name. File alongside Baldur Bett (Jim’s lad). 

Re trialists, Super David May comes to mind under McLeish. And the 5’4” Alan Wright. 

Emmerson Thome

_39274565_thomecapucho203.jpg

kelvd1873 and Tero Penttila like this

On 16/04/2020 at 16:44, kanjo said:

Mind that guy George Welcome we had in 2011? I’ve no idea why I remember this 😂😂

He scored a shit load of goals in trail matches then wasn't signed i think he was like 50 or something they couldn't verify his age 

On 16/04/2020 at 16:54, Tero Penttila said:

Was it not his dad Ian that had trials with us?

I recall Kevin MacDonald came to us from Liverpool and played as a trialist late 1980’s.

Wiki page says it was a loan and played 3 games, but I’m sure I recall something about we couldn’t print his name in the programme so it went in as trialist.

might need to dig some old programmes out the loft to check this

On 16/04/2020 at 16:44, kanjo said:

We had quite a few trialists that summer. Nacer Barazite, Esajas, Kerkar and an Israeli player I couldn’t quite remember the name of.

10 hours ago, cogsy69uk said:

I recall Kevin MacDonald came to us from Liverpool and played as a trialist late 1980’s.

Wiki page says it was a loan and played 3 games, but I’m sure I recall something about we couldn’t print his name in the programme so it went in as trialist.

might need to dig some old programmes out the loft to check this

Month loan, remember him playing in the home game vs Aberdeen, when we beat them 1-0. 

cogsy69uk likes this