Will we learn this time? (Away Tickets)

When the 2012 vote took place and we were put to the lower divisions, i remember many of our fans stating they would never go to any away ground again once we returned.

However, it looks as if we have more away fans than ever and the waiting list to snap up every game is incredible. Will we change this time and not attend?

Are we going to stop the excited younger to older generations and all the fans who have attended the matches for years? I really can't see it.

Our team needs our support, and it'll obviously disadvantage us if we dont attend? So how do we punish these teams financially, but at the same time back our team for away games?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Missed 12 domestic  away games since 1978, that's me finished😔

I'm probably something similar but from 1992/1993 and with the exception of 1 full season ...

No more games in Scotland for me. I've told my bus my intentions as it stands.

No more Scottish football for me though and that includes home games. 

It's not Rangers fault (although when it's confirmed they won't challenge the resolution in court, I will think to myself they should have done more)

I just can't pump any more time, money and emotional investment into a corrupt sport in Scotland where there's no competitive playing field.

I'll still go to friendlies outwith Scotland and European home & away's but competition in Scotland, domestically is corrupt and fucked. It's not for me anymore.

I'm not attention seeking saying "omg look at me" I'm just saying how it is and how I genuinely feel. I know people will be lining up to quote and moan at me, but it's still where I'm at. I'm not going to sit and tell folk not to go and give these folk money. I hope that the people who can stomach it still go and roar Rangers on.

I'll watch the games on TV or in a bluenose boozer and give them my money instead supporting my team, hoping they can get one over on this cesspit (once proud) country.

Please, can someone provide me with any long-term tangible benefits that the Rangers Football Club gains by our support continuing to fund football clubs, fans and players who despise our very existence?

The policy should be clear: stop accepting tickets for away matches and work together to pressure others and stop fans buying from the home allocation.

Look at the nationwide response to this pandemic ffs. It’s been immense. Is anyone honestly telling me that this Club and it’s fan couldn’t stand together as one over this?

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

People who want to attend will, people who choose not to won’t. 

Doubt any organised boycott would work people will make their own decisions.  

Home league matches and Europe for me from now on.

This, and it should be left up to the individual to decide. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

People who want to attend will, people who choose not to won’t. 

Doubt any organised boycott would work people will make their own decisions.  

Home league matches and Europe for me from now on.

I believe 100% that the numbers of fans still choosing to go to away games would dwindle game to game until negligible if the right pressure was applied by the support and Club.

Said it in the another post, the club can't officially come out and ban supporters from going and I'm sure there will be something in the rules preventing the club for refusing tickets (bringing the game into disrepute no doubt ).

While we can't stop people attending, the club can only ask for the minimum amount of tickets, instead of sending more away fans than the home team can muster.

What we could do I go to our local boozer and support them (providing they put the game on, dodgy link or not) or go round mates houses and watch the game there. Saving money and keeping the missus a little happier.

22 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm probably something similar but from 1992/1993 and with the exception of 1 full season ...

It's not Rangers fault (although when it's confirmed they won't challenge the resolution in court, I will think to myself they should have done more)

I just can't pump any more time, money and emotional investment into a corrupt sport in Scotland where there's no competitive playing field.

I'll still go to friendlies outwith Scotland and European home & away's but competition in Scotland, domestically is corrupt and fucked. It's not for me anymore.

I'm not attention seeking saying "omg look at me" I'm just saying how it is and how I genuinely feel. I know people will be lining up to quote and moan at me, but it's still where I'm at. I'm not going to sit and tell folk not to go and give these folk money. I hope that the people who can stomach it still go and roar Rangers on.

I'll watch the games on TV or in a bluenose boozer and give them my money instead supporting my team, hoping they can get one over on this cesspit (once proud) country.

Sad but I think this full farce is going to have the same affect on a lot of supporters.

23 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Your choice obviously mate but are you saying you won't celebrate when we win the league or any of the domestic cups again?

Just now, mclovin9091 said:

Said it in the another post, the club can't officially come out and ban supporters from going and I'm sure there will be something in the rules preventing the club for refusing tickets (bringing the game into disrepute no doubt ).

While we can't stop people attending, the club can only ask for the minimum amount of tickets, instead of sending more away fans than the home team can muster.

Club can refuse tickets all they want.

But these teams will just sell them directly to Rangers supporters.

Be funny seeing they 2 pricks from the Louden moaning on FollowFollow when they buses who they perceive to get too many of the tickets anyway, get 100 tickets each for the likes of Hearts and Hibs and they need to go through them to get the tickets. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Although I agree it has to be personal choice that does actually mean it will never happen. For everyone who currently go to away games who stop in the future another person will take the ticket.  Will only happen if the club request it and refuse tickets from teams, although concerned that is against the personal choice option. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If Rangers and dare I say it Club1872 (or any of the Board’s mouthpieces) actively worked together to to minimise the number of fans attending away games next season then the number eventually attending would be negligible over time. This would have a massive impact on the finances of others.

If people hate these other clubs as much as they say they do then why is it a problem? I just don’t get it. Good day out and all that aye but don’t moan about clubs walking all over us while giving them £40 when the games on the tele.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Your choice obviously mate but are you saying you won't celebrate when we win the league or any of the domestic cups again?

I honestly don't know how you draw that conclusion mate, I said at the bottom I hope people that can still go and cheer the team on who can stomach it and I'll be supporting them from a bluenose pub and give them my money.

You don't stop wanting Rangers to win. I just can't pump money into something that's corrupt top to bottom in such a small condensed country and sector.

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Sad but I think this full farce is going to have the same affect on a lot of supporters.

I am seriously questioning if I will renew my ST. The only thing driving me is the thought of not being able to be inside Ibrox the day we secure 55. 

Archived