Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I understand folk are concerned about the £4m fee, but it isn’t as if finding four similarly excellent £1m players with undoubted sell-on value is easy.

I’d love to find four Alfie’s a year and sell one or two every season but it isn’t as easy as it is on football manager.

He is quite fairly priced. We should make a profit. I’d rather pay less for every player we buy but I’d also like to get them for free and that isn’t going to happen with players of his quality (unless we go down the Aribo type low-fee loophole every year And even then folk will complain we need the finished article)

So, he will improve us and we will most likely make a profit. Can’t ask for fairer than that.

The transfer market this year will be very interesting ,Loads of players in England’s lower leagues are going to find themselves with very few options as squads get trimmed ,this will filter through the system 

I’m not suggesting we plunder league 1 and 2 off casts but there will be more bargains available throughout the game ,Downside for us is the players we had of a decent value their value will also have dropped 

Fortunately we do seem more financially stable than we have been for a good few years and we may be able to pick up a few bargains

Saw early on in lockdown we were sniffing about Riquleme from Atletico ,At the time he hadn’t signed a new deal and would be available on a development fee ,This boy has the potential to make Ianis look like an amateur 

2 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Has class and some guts.

Can change a game. He stands apart from 95% of the rest of the squad.

The only thing missing is pace ,he has played passes of a quality we haven’t saw in our team in years ,Probably since RDB 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

If he signs permanently I think he will frustrate us and be one of those players who has talent and shows it in spurts but will frustrate a lot of people too.  A bit like somebody like Thomas Buffel for example.

We can't carry both him and Kent.

12 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Shown in his short time at ibrox he could win games on his own. Technically very good and if he is played behind the striker he would flourish in my opinion. 

This is where things just won’t work out, because we know he won’t get played there 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

This is where things just won’t work out, because we know he won’t get played there 

I reckon with Hagi he hasn’t played enough senior games yet to get the behind the striker role permanently just yet 

it will definitely be in time his best position but saw it many times over the years where players in their early career play 100 plus games in less intense positions before they go on and play their natural position 

Richard Gough and Gareth Bale are 2 good examples who played at full back early on in their careers 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Aww Tam, don’t knock us down like that mate. We all know where the boy should be played. If Gerrard fucks this boy up, it will be a travesty. 

I’d quite happily sign him if he’s to be played through the middle, but it means Gerrard needs to change his ways, which after 2 years I don’t see happening 

On 15/05/2020 at 11:23, Cedrick said:

Say wee pay the 4 million and what we’ve seen is actually what he is “pockets of potential” flashes now and again, what then? 4 million pounds should be a stand out against ross county and the likes , the leagues rid rotten , hagi wasn’t ,

Hopefully If we sign him he grows into having an influence in most games not now and a again , I’m not convinced though , loan deal again would be great but I’m being told on here that’s not an option coz loads of teams are after him , who I wonder 

Play him centrally behind a front two IMHO will benifit both him and us.👍

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

If he signs permanently I think he will be inconsistent and be one of those players who has talent and shows it in spurts but will frustrate a lot of people too.  A bit like somebody like Thomas Buffel for example.

Some players are 3 steps ahead of others in the mind, Hagi, Buffel and our own legend DC.

They can be frustrating at times, but it's up to others to bully the opposition and protect the playmakers, whilst anticipating the unexpected pass.

Archived