Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

This is the No10 everybody has been screaming for for years now ,he’s young and a level of quality we could only dream about 

The only downside for me is a wee bit lack of pace but that’s not always needed playing here with a bank of 10 defenders ,The other thing is a lack of experience to be consistent week in week out ,

Get him signed ,give him that 10 and give him the chance ,he certainly wants it 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Limited finances. What is our financial situation? 

Just going by the current situation and the club would perhaps plan for the worst case scenario such as no football until possibly the new year. Surely this must limit our finances for the coming season 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We do need money spent in that area though, Kent and Aribo were hot and cold. Hagi won us games and that's just coming in half way through a season not knowing the system or teammates.

We have got rid of the likes of Halliday, Flannigan, Wes and a few others that will free up some finances on top of the usual revenue streams and player sales.

If we want to win trophies we have to have better players in the squad and Hagi is a better player than most in his position currently.

By "that area " do you mean the system with the loan striker and two no.10s behind him coz why that works in Europe i think it  fails against the parked bus employed by many Scottish teams 

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

By "that area " do you mean the system with the loan striker and two no.10s behind him coz why that works in Europe i think it  fails against the parked bus employed by many Scottish teams 

Alfredo isn't here on loan mate. 

12 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

This is the No10 everybody has been screaming for for years now ,he’s young and a level of quality we could only dream about 

The only downside for me is a wee bit lack of pace but that’s not always needed playing here with a bank of 10 defenders ,The other thing is a lack of experience to be consistent week in week out ,

Get him signed ,give him that 10 and give him the chance ,he certainly wants it 

Was just going to post exactly that, the pick a pass quality he has will only improve once the rest are tuned in to his radar.

9 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Even if it did only work in Europe that's a big part of what we need to make money and increase our chances of signing better players. I don't think we need to play a certain way to beat the dug shite we play in this country, we have the better players and should be able to break down teams who play defensive football.

We are of course going to have to mix it up at some points due to injury/suspentions but Hagi is a player who could potentially make us a lot of money in a few years while providing the spark we need now.

When we have been signing players like Hellander for basically the same fee I don't think it's such a bad deal to get someone in like Hagi. I think it's a bit of a bargain tbh in this market

18 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

It seemed to work fine in the 1st half of the season.

The issue we had was pretty much our entire squad fell out of form and we didn’t have the strength in depth to change things up.

9 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Key is creating the space for players like Hagi to operate  , what was it one goal in seven games in the league 

3 in 12 overall

In an off-form team, where he didn't start every game

Where he was creating goals as well

He made his contribution 

47 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Can see where your comining from but should 

Can see where yer coming from but with limited  finances should we no be spending money in areas we clearly need players first ?

We are going to announce our biggest turnover in 10 years ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

3 in 12 overall

He made his contribution 

Whilst qualifying for group stages is key for the club financially beyond that I want the focus to be on securing the league where as I said 1 in seven matches where it counts for me .

Yes the wee man was great for half a  hour  against Braga  but does he have the necessary "Character" as Mr Wallace would say, I'm no so sure 

5 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

We are going to announce our biggest turnover in 10 years ffs. 

And  our shareholders had to fill  a reported 10 million shortfall 

And who knows what the figures for next season will look like . Broad's Fiduciary duty to take this into account 

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

3 in 12 overall

He made his contribution 

:tu:

Hagi when he arrived said that his job was to provide the pass to the striker and score the occasional goal himself. He is more of a goal creator. I would buy this lad and build the attacking part of the team around him. Find who in the squad can be his back up or get someone in who can. This means Gerrard need to change the shape of the team to get the best out of him.

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Hagi when he arrived said that his job was to provide the pass to the striker and score the occasional goal himself. He is more of a goal creator. I would buy this lad and build the attacking part of the team around him. Find who in the squad can be his back up or get someone in who can. This means Gerrard need to change the shape of the team to get the best out of him.

This is my worry. That Gerrard will stubbornly stick to 433 and us hagi on the RW.

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

So what shape would you like and where does  Aribo figure in this ?

He's got the potential to be a really special player alongside Morelos, if we can keep the two of them here and build the team around them we won't be far off to where we need to be.

They're 100% the best chance we have currently of being successful, it's finding the other pieces of the puzzle to slot into place which is the challenge. 

Archived