Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

11 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

So what shape would you like and where does  Aribo figure in this ?

Difficult question as it depends on the personnel we have in. I would like a shape similar to this.

attacking                                                                            defensive                  both are kind of 334 and a defender can step in to midfield.

SK           SK                                                SK          

LW/LMid       Hidgi        RW/RMid                     Hidgi             SK     

Mid                               LW/LMid      Mid            RW/RMid

DF          DF        DF            DF                DF          DF        DF            DF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

And  our shareholders had to fill  a reported 10 million shortfall 

And who knows what the figures for next season will look like . Broad's Fiduciary duty to take this into account 

Plenty of other clubs do the same.

37 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Difficult question as it depends on the personnel we have in. I would like a shape similar to this.

attacking                                                                            defensive                  both are kind of 334 and a defender can step in to midfield.

DF          DF        DF            DF                DF          DF        DF            DF

What is going on here? :lol: 

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You disagree? 

Big Aribo plays the same position as Hagi  so I  just see signing him before  we deal with real problem areas like   the lack of a true central defensive mid and  another striker , preferably two.

If we can afford  the luxury of another attacking mid after we addressed these problem areas then fine 

I think Hagi is a great signing provided he plays centrally. We cannot have another season of being rigid with our formation. 4-3-3 can work and we’ve shown when we are on our game we can beat anyone but we need to be less predictable. 

Accommodating  him centrally isn’t easy though. If we keep Morelos then he could play as a false 9 in a 4-5-1, but we can only play 1 up if we keep Morelos due to his strength. We need our midfielders busting a gut to get in the box far more than they have been. Bottom line is we need to be more flexible. Seeing Hagi stifled on the wing is pointless and does us or him no favours at all and will end up affecting his confidence and costing us. 

48 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Did you just have a stroke? 

11 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Big Aribo plays the same position as Hagi  so I  just see signing him before  we deal with real problem areas like   the lack of a true central defensive mid and  another striker , preferably two.

If we can afford  the luxury of another attacking mid after we addressed these problem areas then fine 

Midfield is by far and away the worst area of our side. 

Signing Hagi is a good step forward. 

14 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

We don’t have an attacking midfielder though..

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aribo scored arguably the best goal of the season yet Gerrard still can't see he has the ability to play in that area so sticks him out on the wing. 

Aribo scored less league goals than Ryan Jack and same amount as Goldson.

He can’t be relied on hence why we’ve brought in Hagi.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aribo scored less league goals than Ryan Jack and same amount as Goldson.

He can’t be relied on hence why we’ve brought in Hagi.

That's down to Gerrard not utilising him properly imo, the amount of times we seen him picking the ball up from deep and moving it on was maddening, surely that's Davis job? 

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

I can see Hidgi and Hagi playing together causing confusion to be honest, although eight at the back is somewhat reassuring 👍

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's down to Gerrard not utilising him properly imo, the amount of times we seen him picking the ball up from deep and moving it on was maddening, surely that's Davis job? 

I thought that myself to begin with but i just think the jersey is too heavy for him.

Willing to give him a second season but i think, like Kent, you’ll get the occasional bit of brilliance and then another shite run of games after it.

Our priority should be signing 3/4 creative goalscoring midfielders/attackers.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

I played in a team that used a system not unlike your attacking  one  but relies heavily on finding a real quality defensive mid coz not only does he  support the defence he'ss also a bit like a quarterback too

Archived