Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really need to look at 3-5-2, it turned the taigs season around and plays to our strengths as well.

Allows:

Wing backs to focus on attack

2 midfielders with a 10 (Hagi) in front

2 strikers so Morelos/Defoe don’t get isolated 

3 CBs for defending set pieces

Only problem is Kent doesn’t really fit into the formation, but he could always play up top in a 2 if he needed to 

Players like Kent and Hagi are exactly the type and quality of player we should be targeting right now. Both have potential to develop further with the  financial benefit that will bring in with future transfer fees and are capable of turning a game around when needed. If they can develop consistency and perform well against the lower quality teams when the adrenaline and competitive edge is missing, then we will benefit enormously.  A few more like these and we’ll be there or thereabouts at the end of next season.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's ultimately been the difference between us and them the last two seasons. 

100 percent

They had Forrest, Rogic, Christie, Griffiths And the Elanoussi who played off Edouard.

That must be around 40 League goals  - Kent, Aribo and Arfield had 15 between them.

2 hours ago, ZZed said:

Difficult question as it depends on the personnel we have in. I would like a shape similar to this.

attacking                                                                            defensive                  both are kind of 334 and a defender can step in to midfield.

SK           SK                                                SK          

LW/LMid       Hidgi        RW/RMid                     Hidgi             SK     

Mid                               LW/LMid      Mid            RW/RMid

DF          DF        DF            DF                DF          DF        DF            DF

:confused:

Went to the shops there listening to hugh keevins putting the signing of Hagi down because he didn't show enough to earn a price tag of 5m 

1.They are obviously scared very talented player that is a match winner and will make us a pretty penny.

2.played like 7 games from the start.

How come Genk are selling Hagi at a big loss if he is so good. Also for us he was good in Europe against Braga but in the SPL and the cup game against Hearts he was ok apart from Hibs goal which was a peach . Also against Leverkusen he was ok but couldn’t get into the game much. What makes people convinced that we can build a team around this player.

4 minutes ago, The Blues said:

How come Genk are selling Hagi at a big loss if he is so good. Also for us he was good in Europe against Braga but in the SPL and the cup game against Hearts he was ok apart from Hibs goal which was a peach . Also against Leverkusen he was ok but couldn’t get into the game much. What makes people convinced that we can build a team around this player.

Dunno what age you are but surely you’ve followed football long enough to realise this could be a bargain, or just an expensive mistake. No one knows wtf will happen. If we play him where he’s comfortable he could be phenomenal. 

edit- please don’t reply after I’ve just seen you say we should get Lewis and ‘lynden’ as if they’re proven 

1 minute ago, The Blues said:

Let’s get Lewis and lynden signed up and try and get Hagi on loan. 4m is too big a risk

Well for what it's worth I think it's too big a risk NOT to be signing hagi for 4 million because Imo he will go for 10 million plus in a few years.

Now that to me would be a real proper piece of business and one we should be doing at every possible opportunity.

15 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Went to the shops there listening to hugh keevins putting the signing of Hagi down because he didn't show enough to earn a price tag of 5m 

1.They are obviously scared very talented player that is a match winner and will make us a pretty penny.

2.played like 7 games from the start.

Or he’s right he didn’t 

57 minutes ago, The Blues said:

You had me here...

55 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Let’s get Lewis and lynden signed up and try and get Hagi on loan. 4m is too big a risk

...and lost me here.

4 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Just going by the current situation and the club would perhaps plan for the worst case scenario such as no football until possibly the new year. Surely this must limit our finances for the coming season 

Aye but come on! I really like Aribo but he's not consistent enough for me to be relied on that much on the right and Docherty doesn't play on the right. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Aye but come on! I really like Aribo but he's not consistent enough for me to be relied on that much on the right and Docherty doesn't play on the right. 

Both of them are attacking mids and for me , like Hagi,    we would get  the best out of  any of the three behind a striking pair and at the point of a diamond shaped midfield.

I think all three are a bit wasted out on either flank.

As said earlier I'm no a fan of this 4,3,2,1 domestically  neither, perhaps with the exception of against the mhanky mob 

Don’t think Hagi’s quality is up for debate really, surprised to see those totally against it. 

Problem is where he’ll be played. If after potentially 5-6 months of no football we come back and do the exact same thing the manager and his double figure staff can go

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Or he’s right he didn’t 

So 5m for a young prospect that clearly is going to be a fantastic player.

People raving about him in under 21 tournament, go find the articles.

Oh this is the same hugh keevins that said when the taigs signed a 8m nobody in juilian that it was a "world class signing"

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Don’t think Hagi’s quality is up for debate really, surprised to see those totally against it. 

Problem is where he’ll be played. If after potentially 5-6 months of no football we come back and do the exact same thing the manager and his double figure staff can go

Pretty much this mate 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’ve got my doubts mate , I’d prefer another loan if possible , to get a better look first before shelling out 4 million , didn’t do enough for me , if he produces all the time then great , I’d be gladly proved wrong but if games pass him by regularly with him hardly touching the ball like we witnessed to , it’ll be 4 million wasted 

Archived