Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

We’ve a chance to sign this boy, and just watched those highlights. Imagine if we had even better players around him. The lad has vision. Just need players that can clue in to what he’s trying to do. He’s only going to get better. 

A lot of people quite rightly are concerned about this investment, but just like all investments - there’s an element of risk involved.

Player trading is a risky business even when buying known quality. You could buy a 10m player and he could break a leg a couple of games down the line.

Younger players are even more of a risk because you’re not buying the finished product, you’re buying potential. 

The question is will this player reach his potential? I’d say it’s likely. He has an amazing mentor in his father, and has shown a mentality beyond his years which is the sign of a top player to be. I don’t think his skill or ability is in doubt.

I see posts of him going hiding, it’s happened. But I’ve seen him try, and sometimes succeed, in being the one to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and drive it forward - when more seasoned, Rangers/SPFL experienced players were all hiding. He’s young and will sometimes be inconsistent, but this is extremely normal.

The only real argument against which I can truly get on board with is a player price crash due to the Coronavirus. This is not something easily predicted in my opinion.

I don’t see this type of risk as being one of a daredevil, I see it as a calculated risk in a game of countless calculated risks - which in the end is the only way to be successful.

In addition, there are other big clubs already showing interest due to his performance with us.

I personally agree with the signing 90% and have 10% concern due to a possible market crash.

We’ll see if the laid back relaxed approach “the potential the potential” is still the same coming away from drawing with st Mirren and our 4 million pound man didn’t touch the ball 

On 25/05/2020 at 00:10, magic8ball said:

We haven’t got a clue what today’s market is like ,nobody knows yet the true impact Covid will have yet 

Who knows ,he could end up being almost as good as his auld man and a collapsed football market we could see him here for years and never sell him 

That’s a good point we could pick up some real bargains if players are being dumped with their contracts running out or teams simply cut their player budget quickly. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s a good point we could pick up some real bargains if players are being dumped with their contracts running out or teams simply cut their player budget quickly. 

It might not be hugely significant but I do see us a club moving up the chain as far as transfer market is concerned 

Wages will also be forced down a wee bit too making otherwise unachievable targets achievable 

9 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Barry Ferguson in the sun saying he wouldn't pay more than 2m for Hagi.

One of my favourite players but he doesn't half make an arse of himself in the media.

I and many others on here dont think hes worth it either and we cant afford another Kent fuck up , difference is Ferguson is saying shit like this to keep his fenian paymasters happy........

Honestly don't know what people expect tbh. £4m is a great deal for him.

Kent cost £7m, Edouard cost £9m, Ntcham cost £4.5m, Goldson cost £3m, Scott Brown cost £4.5m about 13 years ago, Jullien cost £7m,.. it's the kind of figures you just have to pay.

Sure you could get lucky and find a Barisic, Morelos or Katic for <£2m but that's the level of risk which also lands you players like Herrera, Docherty,  Garner and the Barkers and Kiernans of the world.

You can use the bosman market really well with Jack, Kamara and Aribo but only if they're available. Otherwise if you want quality like Hagi who has already shown his abilities and is only 21 years old then £4m should be snapped at. Hagi is the younger than Ross McCrorie and the same age as Jamie Barjonas and he's light years ahead of them. 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Kent cost £7m, Edouard cost £9m, Ntcham cost £4.5m, Goldson cost £3m, Scott Brown cost £4.5m about 13 years ago, Jullien cost £7m,.. it's the kind of figures you just have to pay.

Sure you could get lucky and find a Barisic, Morelos or Katic for <£2m but that's the level of risk which also lands you players like Herrera, Docherty,  Garner and the Barkers and Kiernans of the world.

You can use the bosman market really well with Jack, Kamara and Aribo but only if they're available. Otherwise if you want quality like Hagi who has already shown his abilities and is only 21 years old then £4m should be snapped at. Hagi is the younger than Ross McCrorie and the same age as Jamie Barjonas and he's light years ahead of them. 

great post

17 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Bang on the money.

Ferguson is spouting negative guff yet again - £4m is too much for Hagi, yet he was in the media stating we should break the bank for his nephew? Both a similar age, and not entirely different appearance totals, but Hagi's already a full international with 10 (iirc) caps plus european experience, and scored around 20 more goals in that time.

With the potential state of some clubs financially in a few months if filled-stadium matches and european fixtures aren't in place, £5m might well buy a big name, established player again in future, but we're not quite there right now. I'd be delighted with Hagi at the price suggested.

I swear if Hagi came through the academy people would already be valuing him at £20m and lauding him as the new Messi, guaranteed.

Everyone did it for Jamie Ness and Rhys McCabe and they ended up at Scunthorpe and Sligo Rovers.

The youth are overrated to fuck as soon as they string a 5 yard pass to someone. 

32 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I swear if Hagi came through the academy people would already be valuing him at £20m and lauding him as the new Messi, guaranteed.

Everyone did it for Jamie Ness and Rhys McCabe and they ended up at Scunthorpe and Sligo Rovers.

The youth are overrated to fuck as soon as they string a 5 yard pass to someone. 

To be fair a 5 yard pass is better than anything Kamara and Davis can do. 

4 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Barry Ferguson in the sun saying he wouldn't pay more than 2m for Hagi.

One of my favourite players but he doesn't half make an arse of himself in the media.

Celebrated their double treble. Anything he says is irrelevant.

22 yrs ago we spent £4million on big Jorg...now let's be honest no one had really heard of big Albertz....was £4million seen as a risk back then....I think we all know the answer was no, that was a normal fee that we would find ourselves paying for players in those days....so 22years on is £4 million seriously that big of a risk....imho no it's not....Hagi will do well for us, hopefully as a no10 and not on the right of a front 3

Archived