Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

12 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Ferguson the player was an idol. Ferguson the person/pundit has all the intellectual capacity of a fucking potato.

If the Chamber of Secrets XI had Hagi on loan, there'd be constant talk about how he was football's next global superstar and how he'd fetch celtic £40m and how incredible a prospect he was.

We know this game, we've seen it played out before. If it's in the traditional Scottish sporting media, ignore  it and move on.

Absolutely bang on, especially regarding the second paragraph. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Barry Ferguson in the sun saying he wouldn't pay more than 2m for Hagi.

One of my favourite players but he doesn't half make an arse of himself in the media.

I wonder how mutch he'd want us to pay for his nephew, the we fud.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Honestly fuck the Barry Ferguson of the last 5 year. 

How can he assess a players value and then say he doesn't know his best position? He is becoming an embarrassment.Everyone knows Hagi is a #10 or at least they should!

Personally, I think 4M is about right even in this current climate. 8M for Kent and 3M for Helander may have been too high if you compare recent fees.

29 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Honestly fuck the Barry Ferguson of the last 5 year. 

He’s always been a bit lacking in the grey matter department,if he hadn’t been a footballer don’t even think he would have been a good pot washer in Wetherspoons 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

He’s always been a bit lacking in the grey matter department,if he hadn’t been a footballer don’t even think he would have been a good pot washer in Wetherspoons 

Pot-licker.

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

Honestly don't know what people expect tbh. £4m is a great deal for him.

Kent cost £7m, Edouard cost £9m, Ntcham cost £4.5m, Goldson cost £3m, Scott Brown cost £4.5m about 13 years ago, Jullien cost £7m,.. it's the kind of figures you just have to pay.

Sure you could get lucky and find a Barisic, Morelos or Katic for <£2m but that's the level of risk which also lands you players like Herrera, Docherty,  Garner and the Barkers and Kiernans of the world.

You can use the bosman market really well with Jack, Kamara and Aribo but only if they're available. Otherwise if you want quality like Hagi who has already shown his abilities and is only 21 years old then £4m should be snapped at. Hagi is the younger than Ross McCrorie and the same age as Jamie Barjonas and he's light years ahead of them. 

This. Some common sense here.. 4 million pounds doesnt buy you ready made quality these days. It might be a "big fee" for the SPFL, but I sure hope we see ourselves as above that.

Folk complaining about the fee need a reality check. £4m is chump change in the current market. This is the equivalent of a £1m/£2m deal 10-15 years ago. Welcome to the present. 

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

Ferguson the player was an idol. Ferguson the person/pundit has all the intellectual capacity of a fucking potato.

If the Chamber of Secrets XI had Hagi on loan, there'd be constant talk about how he was football's next global superstar and how he'd fetch celtic £40m and how incredible a prospect he was.

We know this game, we've seen it played out before. If it's in the traditional Scottish sporting media, ignore  it and move on.

No need to insult potatoes,

8 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

This. Some common sense here.. 4 million pounds doesnt buy you ready made quality these days. It might be a "big fee" for the SPFL, but I sure hope we see ourselves as above that.

If I'm paying  £4 million I want him to be a fuckin stand out in the SPL

9 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Even young talented players with potential? Plenty of players have came up to the SPL and not made an impact whatsover... players "worth" a helluva lot more than 4 million. 4 million just simply isnt a lot of money these days when it comes to football... even SPL. Also... what is a "stand out"? People want players to dominate every minute of football they play which just isnt realistic.. not everyone is Messi just because they cost 4 million - even in the SPL.

13 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

And he has been in the 12 games. Not even played half a season.

You could clearly see he was the most talented midfielder at the club. 12 games might not be enough to prove consistency, but usually you never get a chance to 'trial' players at all. At least we have some indication that he is a sound purchase. I for one would much much rather sign Hagi for £4m, than take a punt on an unknown quantity from the Belgian, Croatian, Serbian league for £2m who may be as good but likely won't be better, or may totally flop like Pena. Imagine if we had Pena for 12 games before spending £3.5m on him, we wouldn't have signed him.

It's not even £4m for Hagi, it's £4m for knowing we aren't taking a punt on somebody. And honestly I just don't see where we get better instant quality, nevermind better potential quality, for £4m where we have a very good indication they're going to be up to the standard.

I'll say it 100 times, it's an absolute no brainer.  

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

22 yrs ago we spent £4million on big Jorg...now let's be honest no one had really heard of big Albertz....was £4million seen as a risk back then....I think we all know the answer was no, that was a normal fee that we would find ourselves paying for players in those days....so 22years on is £4 million seriously that big of a risk....imho no it's not....Hagi will do well for us, hopefully as a no10 and not on the right of a front 3

So true, in footballing terms £4m is such an average amount of money nowadays. 

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Even young talented players with potential? Plenty of players have came up to the SPL and not made an impact whatsover... players "worth" a helluva lot more than 4 million. 4 million just simply isnt a lot of money these days when it comes to football... even SPL. Also... what is a "stand out"? People want players to dominate every minute of football they play which just isnt realistic.. not everyone is Messi just because they cost 4 million - even in the SPL.

The "needs to get more involved" brigade must have forgot most of the games the likes Neil McCann, Jorg Albertz, Ronald De Boer, Michael Mols and Peter Lovenkrands played for us in fairly recent'ish years 

A lot of games they hardly touched a ball but were winners and had something in their locker talent-wise that would unlock a defence, finish from nothing, create something etc. 

We need a talented players not just guys that run about all day like Greg Docherty and Jason Holt (although I'm not going to sit here and say they don't need to try or get involved either - I'd like to see more of that from more talented ones like Kent)

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

The "needs to get more involved" brigade must have forgot most of the games the likes Neil McCann, Jorg Albertz, Ronald De Boer, Michael Mols and Peter Lovenkrands played for us in fairly recent'ish years 

A lot of games they hardly touched a ball but were winners and had something in their locker talent-wise that would unlock a defence, finish from nothing, create something etc. 

We need a talented players not just guys that run about all day like Greg Docherty and Jason Holt (although I'm not going to sit here and say they don't need to try or get involved either - I'd like to see more of that from more talented ones like Kent)

This. Its very rare that a player is consitently a standout. If they are, they cost a fuckload more than 4 million and would be in the EPL/La Liga. Some of the goals, and passes that lead to goals, that Hagi gave us, were probably almost worth the 4 million on its own.. we wouldnt have got as far in Europe without him. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

This. Its very rare that a player is consitently a standout.

Here speak for yersel , During my  playing days  I was always a standout, I was the one on the bench with the big plate of oranges just before half time 

Official on genk website 

https://www.krcgenk.be/nl/nieuws/3925/ianis-hagi-definitief-naar-glasgow-Rangers

Ianis Hagi (21) definitively switches to Glasgow Rangers. The Scottish club has lifted the purchase option for the attacking midfielder. KRC Genk had acquired Hagi from the Romanian Viitorul last summer, but had him leave on a rental basis to Rangers in January. We wish Ianis the best of luck in his further career.

Archived