Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, DinViesel said:

Genk have removed the story from their site.

Not a surprise really but not really anything in it to suggest it's not happening. It can often be written into deals as to when and by whom the deal is announced by. That allows the buyer to prepare social, video, interviews etc to accompany the news. Someone's shot their bolt a bit early.

43 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I hope at least tried to chip down on the £4m price, he did well in a few games but in others the game passed him by.

Suppose when you look at the comparisons it makes sense. I think he looks better technically than Kent and probably better value than Edouard across at the girodome.

Name one football player in the World that isnt like that. I dare you!!

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Even young talented players with potential? Plenty of players have came up to the SPL and not made an impact whatsover... players "worth" a helluva lot more than 4 million. 4 million just simply isnt a lot of money these days when it comes to football... even SPL. Also... what is a "stand out"? People want players to dominate every minute of football they play which just isnt realistic.. not everyone is Messi just because they cost 4 million - even in the SPL.

What are you talking about ?

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

What are you talking about ?

Im talking about the fact that 4 million is not a lot of money in football, whether you are Rangers or Man City. One can afford it more than the other, but it still doesnt mean that when the poorer Club buys the 4 million pound player, that he should be a world beater.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

And he has been in the 12 games. Not even played half a season.

You could clearly see he was the most talented midfielder at the club. 12 games might not be enough to prove consistency, but usually you never get a chance to 'trial' players at all. At least we have some indication that he is a sound purchase. I for one would much much rather sign Hagi for £4m, than take a punt on an unknown quantity from the Belgian, Croatian, Serbian league for £2m who may be as good but likely won't be better, or may totally flop like Pena. Imagine if we had Pena for 12 games before spending £3.5m on him, we wouldn't have signed him.

It's not even £4m for Hagi, it's £4m for knowing we aren't taking a punt on somebody. And honestly I just don't see where we get better instant quality, nevermind better potential quality, for £4m where we have a very good indication they're going to be up to the standard.

I'll say it 100 times, it's an absolute no brainer.  

you obviously watching  different games than me

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If the first team line up next season has Kent and Hagi on wings, Davis and Arfield in midfield then i’ll be cancelling my Mygers membership.

Hopefully we have more shopping to do. I do, however, think that getting Hagi in on 4 mill is good business. He is by no means the complete player, or finished product, but that is the gamble in football. We obviously see potential in the guy. 4 mill could easily be 20 mill in 12 months. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Im talking about the fact that 4 million is not a lot of money in football, whether you are Rangers or Man City. One can afford it more than the other, but it still doesnt mean that when the poorer Club buys the 4 million pound player, that he should be a world beater.

£4 million is a lot of money to pay for potential in the SPL and maybe not for Man City but definitely it is for Rangers  

12 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Hopefully we have more shopping to do. I do, however, think that getting Hagi in on 4 mill is good business. He is by no means the complete player, or finished product, but that is the gamble in football. We obviously see potential in the guy. 4 mill could easily be 20 mill in 12 months. 

:snapoutofit:

Archived