Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

Just now, DBBTB said:

That back four is nowhere near good enough either.

You would imagine helander will probably be first choice. Couple of English sides linked with goldson no disrespect to him but I hope he goes. A quick, powerful player is needed. Katic has failed to improve and I'm not seeing it with ed.

The full backs are good imo but we need far better back ups for them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You not fancy stopping ten in a row mate?

By all means, show me your team....

I fully expect there will be more signings. I did that, as it stands for now.

For what it's worth, I believe Edmundson has a great future and I've always sat on the fence when it comes to Katic.

£3M over 3 years is a good bit of business . 

Had to admit I had my doubts , not so much about Hagi himself , but £4M in one swoop was a big slice out our budget and I'd have preferred it spent on hardening up our team , with either a dominant CH or a bullying CM , preferably both . £1M a year will still allow that . 

Just now, gmcf said:

£3M over 3 years is a good bit of business . 

Had to admit I had my doubts , not so much about Hagi himself , but £4M in one swoop was a big slice out our budget and I'd have preferred it spent on hardening up our team , with either a dominant CH or a bullying CM , preferably both . £1M a year will still allow that . 

Yeah I was the same I'm happy now. The mentality of the midfielder and defender is vital not just their ability.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

By all means, show me your team....

I fully expect there will be more signings. I did that, as it stands for now.

For what it's worth, I believe Edmundson has a great future and I've always sat on the fence when it comes to Katic.

Well you didn’t considering you had Lewis Ferguson in team.

In your team, Morelos would need to score 45 goals and Hagi 25.

the other 2 (Aribo and Kent) can’t play those positions.

You’d also need Goram and Mcgregor in goal as defence shite.

12 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Top 4 look exciting although I have my doubts over alfredos reliability over a season. 

Same top 4 couldn’t break anybody down second half this season , why ? Coz the player you single out was off the boil due the the hounding he took after parkheed , buff plays Rangers play simple as that 

Just now, southcoastbear said:

Eh no, Aribo managed a  couple  of moments  of class but as wasted wide as hagi would be 

What's your solution then? Aribo alongside Jack in a 4231 would get ran over imo.

It's mad seeing people suggesting the 4-2-3-1 formation with roughly the same players playing the same (out of position) positions and hoping that will come good. That is exactly the same mistake Gerrard made last year.

Just now, Cedrick said:

Same top 4 couldn’t break anybody down second half this season , why ? Coz the player you single out was off the boil due the the hounding he took after parkheed , buff plays Rangers play simple as that 

He has fell away 3 years in a row. He earned alot of that criticism from his dive. The shape and attitude he came back in was terrible.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Yeah I was the same I'm happy now. The mentality of the midfielder and defender is vital not just their ability.

Oh , absolutely . 

Experience , temperament , mentality and winners ideally . I know they don't come cheap , but ideally players we know , sick of buying mediocre players that we've rarely heard of  . I know they don't come cheap , but I'd spend the vast majority of our budget on those two positions . 

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

He has fell away 3 years in a row. He earned alot of that criticism from his dive. The shape and attitude he came back in was terrible.

The hounding he took was disgraceful mate , stems back to the weakness of our club now though, Walter Smith would never allowed one of his players to endure that 

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Well you didn’t considering you had Lewis Ferguson in team.

In your team, Morelos would need to score 45 goals and Hagi 25.

the other 2 (Aribo and Kent) can’t play those positions.

Then where would you put Aribo, Hagi & Kent in the team? They are all clearly talented enough for the starting 11 and we have invested heavily in two of them.

I agree Aribo is wasted wide but perhaps it will be narrower with two fullbacks overlapping.

I'm all for signing a natural right winger but it is not how Gerrard plays. We all know the team he tries to emulate.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What's your solution then? Aribo alongside Jack in a 4231 would get ran over imo.

4,4,2 diamond  with hagi / aribo at the point of the diamond , especially against the lesser teams , and in that team there is not a CDM

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

4,4,2 diamond  with hagi / aribo at the point of the diamond , especially against the lesser teams , and in that team there is not a CDM

Really can't see stevie playing that way but could be an option in some games.

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

Oh here we go. 

He is right, it is a pathetic comment. Stewart is a wanker, but after watching Kris Boyd's interview the other day and have people close to me commit suicide, the comment is shameful.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Then where would you put Aribo, Hagi & Kent in the team? They are all clearly talented enough for the starting 11 and we have invested heavily in two of them.

I agree Aribo is wasted wide but perhaps it will be narrower with two fullbacks overlapping.

I'm all for signing a natural right winger but it is not how Gerrard plays. We all know the team he tries to emulate.

Honestly, under normal circumstances, I’d have Aribo sat behind Jimmy Bell and Kent sat Behind Michael Beale.

Archived