Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Goldson has had some games where he was outstanding ,A couple of the away euro ties he put in performances right up there with what Cuellar gave us in the run to Manchester but overall he isn’t at Cuellars level 

I actually think he is Cuellars level, mid table EPL. Goldson has not benefitted from a complimentary and consistent partner at the back.

Cuellar was part of a very settled back four and played next to Davie Weir who brought his (and Boogie's) game on drastically. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Is the transfer window open?

No idea as have lost all sense of time and place, but this might be the reason there is no official announcement yet??

Window isn’t open ,Don’t think it’s been decided yet when it will be open this summer ,A lot will be dependant on when leagues restart and are scheduled to finish 

11 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I actually think he is Cuellars level, mid table EPL. Goldson has not benefitted from a complimentary and consistent partner at the back.

Cuellar was part of a very settled back four and played next to Davie Weir who brought his (and Boogie's) game on drastically. 

Weir did a lot for those he played with ,He got Danny Wilson a move to Liverpool than he would never otherwise have got 

44 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

694BA5EA-02AE-43FD-9B30-111105CC2937.gif

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

I suspect that deal is done but we have to wait to make it official.

Could be his Genk contract is yet to expire or we are waiting for the window to open.

Hope his contract isn’t expiring otherwise we’re paying 3million for fuck all...

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Window isn’t open ,Don’t think it’s been decided yet when it will be open this summer ,A lot will be dependant on when leagues restart and are scheduled to finish 

I could be wrong with this m8, with the summer window I think you can strike deals and sign whatever players up but registrations can only be filed when the window officially opens on the 1st of July?

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I could be wrong with this m8, with the summer window I think you can strike deals and sign whatever players up but registrations can only be filed when the window officially opens on the 1st of July?

That’s right ,players can sign contracts but can’t be registered until the window opens ,Don’t know when  this years window Is though ,I’m sure the fact the European club tourneys are still running affects them 

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We already hold Hagi's registration so don't need to wait for the window to reopen. Our window opens on June 9th iirc.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Window being open is irrelevant in this one. We already hold his registration and it wouldn't return to Genk until the window reopened. That's why Chelsea got to sign someone (Kovacic?) while they were under a transfer ban. Because he was already on loan at the club they officially held his registration so it didn't technically count as a transfer.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I genuinely don't understand why no-one picks Edmundson in their teams. I only see a bright future for the lad.

Because he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s better than the other 3

56 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Chelsea signed the lad Ziyech....not sure if that was actually in the January window but the deal was for this summer 

Was February mate

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s better than the other 3

Was February mate

Other than a few stray passes, he has barely put a foot wrong. Strong, good in the air, fast as fuck and can pass. Oh, and he is only 22.

I suppose we could go and get an experienced player like Alves or Senderos?

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Other than a few stray passes, he has barely put a foot wrong. Strong, good in the air, fast as fuck and can pass. Oh, and he is only 22.

Cost a goal away at Hamilton, and less said of Leverkusen the better.

Rather Davie Weir or Cuellar

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why did Gerrard drop him for Worrall, Helander and Edmundson if he's only had a "few stray passes"

Just now, The Dude said:

Why did Gerrard drop him for Worrall, Helander and Edmundson if he's only had a "few stray passes"

I'm talking about Edmundson mate (not Katic). I think big George has a very bright future.

As for Katic, I think we will sell him. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

I'm talking about Edmundson mate (not Katic). I think big George has a very bright future.

As for Katic, I think we will sell him. 

Ah sorry. He's got a bright future but he's nowhere near ready to be a regular starter. He's still very rough round the edges and positionally has a lot to learn. His naivete has shown a few times where you can tell he's not used to games being played as quickly as they are and more technical players being able to exploit his weaknesses.

Robby McCrorie's got a bright future too but we're not binning McGregor to give him games.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

we're probably waiting to get him in for a picture before it's officially announced. 

Pictures, interview for RTV, quotes from Gerrard etc. Depending on where he is (think he's in Romania) they may even be sending a shirt out to him to pose with for it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't announced until he was back in the UK.

3 hours ago, Swally said:

I don’t think it’s hate, just disillusionment 

Bit of both , Tav gets the finger of blame pointed at him the most coz he’s captain even although pre op he is one of our best players and more creative than any midfielder “get Tav aff the fucking penalties” “why did Tav no take the fucking penalty cup final 😂” frightening 

you’ve got the lad at the other side, in our supports eyes must be good coz he’s a Croatian internationalist so gets off scot free , rid rotten and feert for most of his Rangers career bar 3 months , ye look up this thread he’s in every single team for next season and tavs not 

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Pictures, interview for RTV, quotes from Gerrard etc. Depending on where he is (think he's in Romania) they may even be sending a shirt out to him to pose with for it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't announced until he was back in the UK.

He’s in Romania and is on their Pepsi cans.

Archived