Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We werent murdering teams though, we had some pretty dodgy pre xmas games that we either dropped points in or scraped through, they just mattered less because we were keeping up with the tarriers 

5-0 hearts, 5-0 sheep, 6-1 Hibs, 3-1 midgyland bossing feyenoord bossing the tarriers twice despite losing one 1-0 plus all the others results like 4-1 away to Ross county 

I know it’s not really the done thing to praise us on here because ultimately we’ve won fuck all, but we where absolutely murdering teams. 

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'd love to sign him just as long as he's played in his correct position and not stuck out on the wing.

This!, he's the type of player you have to build the team around and his best position is central.

The main question is does he really need him as he's not a winger and he's more suited to a central role. There's no doubt he's a good player but there's no point signing him to play through the middle unless he plans on moving Arfield or Aribo on. Gerrard really needs to sort out the right hand side and unfortunately I can't see us spending that money when we have other areas that are an issue. 

9 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

5-0 hearts, 5-0 sheep, 6-1 Hibs, 3-1 midgyland bossing feyenoord bossing the tarriers twice despite losing one 1-0 plus all the others results like 4-1 away to Ross county 

I know it’s not really the done thing to praise us on here because ultimately we’ve won fuck all, but we where absolutely murdering teams. 

Ouatanding away to Hivs at Xmas without Morelos 

Hopefully if we do sign him we change our tactics at home. Absolutely no need for 3 holding midfielders at home to everyone in Scotland apart from the beasts.

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Hopefully if we do sign him we change our tactics at home. Absolutely no need for 3 holding midfielders at home to everyone in Scotland apart from the beasts.

You'd think he'd learn after his first season in charge... 

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I’m trying to think positive on this, but you’ve brought me back down. He has to be played through the middle. 

If Morelos goes then it is likely we would get a couple of strikers in his place who would be more able to receive balls through the middle. Just imagine we had a Lovenkrands type (not played  on the left out of position), ready to receive through balls from quick thinking and inventive Hagi. It would be deadly. Morelos does well as a target man, and getting on the end of crosses but he isn't too great receiving through the middle, so I think this is what's dictating our current tactics. It's a good line of bullshit anyway.

4 hours ago, MARK92GERS said:

I honestly don’t think we should be spending that kind of money on him tbh hasn’t shown enough for me and looks another luxury player drifts in & out of games to much 

I'd reserve judgement for when he's given a proper run out in the team in his proper position. I don't think it's fair to him to be too critical when we've not been playing him as a proper no 10

16 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Last minute winner v killie, drawing at Tynecastle, tarriers bossing us at ibrox, needing a barisic freekick away to st mirren, needing morelos off the bench at home to killie, drawing away with progres, having to come from behind at home to motherwell, scraping by livi in the league cup, getting beat off young boys, drawing away to the sheep

Oh and we were struggling at home to hibs to finish them off until a red card

For every hammering we dished out, theres a struggle that because we won and kept up with the tarriers it looked less shite, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Last minute winner v killie, drawing at Tynecastle, tarriers bossing us at ibrox, needing a barisic freekick away to st mirren, needing morelos off the bench at home to killie, drawing away with progres, having to come from behind at home to motherwell, scraping by livi in the league cup, getting beat off young boys, drawing away to the sheep

For every hammering we dished out, theres a struggle that because we won and kept up with the tarriers it looked less shite, 

We dominated most of they games and can’t win every game 5-0, we where by far the best team in the league before Christmas 

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bit shite to add in Hibs and Progres there tbh mate, stop revelling in it

28 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We were decent before the break, saying anything else is just talking pish to win an argument.

You win titles by being able to scrape wins when you aren't playing well and we were doing that on occasion before the break, as you pointed out 

17 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Mate we work out how to turn the first half of the season into a full season and we win the title. We where murdering teams. The wheels fell off for some reason or another but a few additions could really put us in a better place. Frustrating as fuck because we went from good to shocking so quickly but there’s definitely a team in there 

17 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

26 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We dominated most of they games and can’t win every game 5-0, we where by far the best team in the league before Christmas 

Thats enough. 

Archived