Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Genuinely can’t believe so many think Katic is good enough to be starting for us tbh

Think he’d do well with an experienced head next to him, he needs guidance tho he’s still very raw, needs a much better partner than Goldson 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGregor 

new rb  Katic  new cb Barisic 

Jack Aribo/new cm 

New rw          Hagi.          Kent 

Morelos 

Agreed with just about all of that mate other than Katic at CB. I can’t see us going a full season without him costing us one too many times, unless he really improves.

I’m not wild about any of our CB’s but we paid a decent fee for Helander and personally I think he’s the best of the lot. A quick CB next to him is what we need imo.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Genuinely can’t believe so many think Katic is good enough to be starting for us tbh

The more some don't play, the better they get. If Katic played every week folk would want Edmundson ahead of him.

28 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Never. Teams sit in with 5 midfielders against us. We would be battered in the middle of the park.

Well we either go round them, we go over them or we go through them.

Our full backs are as happy as any to overlap but the quality of the cross is often poor, going route one over them is not Gerrard’s style so we have to play through them.

I have faith in Aribo, Hagi and Kent to find the necessary spaces with Jack behind them providing the platform.

10 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Barry Ferguson in the sun saying he wouldn't pay more than 2m for Hagi.

One of my favourite players but he doesn't half make an arse of himself in the media.

Barry Ferguson has had too much sun. He’s a cunt and also an utter cock. He can go fuck himself!  

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"They can't afford £4.5m during a global pandemic they need the money in case they go into admin for the 8th time". 

"Where are they getting the money from and how can they afford him?" 

"If he's that good why isn't he at Barca or Real Madrid?" 

Hide contents

giphy.gif.b9f80f7f9d6949cbc8852b88d03f2764.gif

Absolutely bang on the money. 

Barry Ferguson was a great player for us, and exactly the type of player we need now, drives games forward, gets in people's faces to do better. 

He gave me some of my best nights as a Rangers fan. 

To be honest, I'd have been annoyed at we paid any more than 3 million considering current circumstances. 

We need proven players now, we have too many 'lots of potential' players, Hagi, Kent, Aribo. We need some bite from proven players, bite like wee Barry used to give us, and won many's a game due to it. 

What do people mean by proven players? Like genuinely....

The players we sign are 'proven' at SPFL, Croatian, Championship, Finnish level. Which is why we can afford them. If we want to sign players from a level above us (Premier League, La Liga, Portugal, France) then we have to sign unproven players. The reason we buy someone from Finland for £1m and charge £10m after one season and £20m after 2 seasons is because when you prove yourself at a higher level the value goes up. So if there's a player who is already proven at a higher level to us then the money has already gone up again. Which is why we cannot afford them. 

You can either buy proven at a lower level or unproven from a higher level, there is nothing else. 

7 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

Agreed with just about all of that mate other than Katic at CB. I can’t see us going a full season without him costing us one too many times, unless he really improves.

I’m not wild about any of our CB’s but we paid a decent fee for Helander and personally I think he’s the best of the lot. A quick CB next to him is what we need imo.

Not a fan of Helander he has some decent attributes but for the SPFL I think he’s far too slow and a bit weak 

7 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Add a new rb and cb to that and I’m happy, we desperately need another striker to cover for/challenge Morelos though and not 37 yo Defoe 

Agreed. Katic and Tav are not good enough. 

9 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Totally understand what you are saying. Our CHs are much of a muchness for me. Helander seems to get better the longer he's out. 

Katic has potential for me but this season is massive. We simple can't afford works in progress starting.

8 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Totally understand what you are saying. Our CHs are much of a muchness for me. Helander seems to get better the longer he's out. 

Katic has potential for me but this season is massive. We simple can't afford works in progress starting.

Katic struggled badly last year and i don’t see how he goes from fourth choice to being a starter next season.

47 minutes ago, fin8577 said:

This is a strange one Genk and his agent are saying the deal is compete but we haven't announced anything.  I hope its done as he is a fantastic talent and will go for a huge fee in the future 

Is the transfer window open?

No idea as have lost all sense of time and place, but this might be the reason there is no official announcement yet??

41 minutes ago, dee9 said:

The only negative for Helander was a bit shy on pace ,but even when he was in the team his pace never caught him out 

Dude did say earlier that some players get better the longer they are out ,Backs up your theory that their is much of a muchness between our centre half’s ,All of them have their strengths but they also have a weakness ,

Goldson has had some games where he was outstanding ,A couple of the away euro ties he put in performances right up there with what Cuellar gave us in the run to Manchester but overall he isn’t at Cuellars level 

A lot of the players we have these days are probably the best we can realistically have these days ,A lot of times folk come on and want rid but never have a suggestion of a realistic replacement.

The team we have right now isn’t far off what’s needed ,There are hundreds of players out there who could improve us but the vast majority would cost a fortune and be on already huge wages so getting these players proves difficult .

1 hour ago, fin8577 said:

This is a strange one Genk and his agent are saying the deal is compete but we haven't announced anything.  I hope its done as he is a fantastic talent and will go for a huge fee in the future 

It’s not weird at all it happens all the time

Archived