Joey Barton article

Escobar

1 hour ago, TMB said:

The defensive record in Europe is absolutely fine.  Against Leverkusen it was Tavernier who put the ball in for Edmundson’s goal.  The laughable part is when Tavernier had to leave the pitch due to injury and Polster came on only to get ripped apart.  People accused Tavernier of pretending to be injured.  The hatred for our captain is hysterical at times.

The record in Europe is absolutely fine, the guy has the heart of a mouse but and should be nowhere near the captaincy, Barton's not the first to slate him and I doubt he will be the last. For what its worth I think Bartons an absolute fud as well, thinks he is Shakespeare on twitter and only has himself to blame for the absolute shitshow his time up here turned out to be but most of his comment's I can see being truthful. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TMB said:

Weir failed terribly as manager with Sheffield United.  I think Warburton only have him the job as assistant so he could say ‘look I have someone here who can tell me all about the club’.  Weir was completely ineffective as a coach.  The state of our defense during that period was embarrassing.  

You can shine a jobby all you want, its still a stinking jobby, kiernan and co were never gonna be good enough for the spl, Warburton failures aye, but he did try to rectify the centre halves in pre season and the board didnt back him, signing senderos on deadline day is tantamount to that 

Not even the combined talents of Maldini, baresi, cannevaro, ramos, puyol and Beckenbauer could have coached our centres halves into spl defenders

1 hour ago, TMB said:

The defensive record in Europe is absolutely fine.  Against Leverkusen it was Tavernier who put the ball in for Edmundson’s goal.  The laughable part is when Tavernier had to leave the pitch due to injury and Polster came on only to get ripped apart.  People accused Tavernier of pretending to be injured.  The hatred for our captain is hysterical at times.

When you are reduced to defending someone by saying they put in a good corner then the towel needs thrown in mate

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I think Warburton only have him the job as assistant so he could say ‘look I have someone here who can tell me all about the club’.  

That opinion would maybe hold some weight if Weir hadn’t already been Warburton assistant for about 18 months at Brentford before they even came to us. :lol:

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You can shine a jobby all you want, its still a stinking jobby, kiernan and co were never gonna be good enough for the spl, Warburton failures aye, but he did try to rectify the centre halves in pre season and the board didnt back him, signing senderos on deadline day is tantamount to that 

Not even the combined talents of Maldini, baresi, cannevaro, ramos, puyol and Beckenbauer could have coached our centres halves into spl defenders

Mariappa at the time would have been a great signing. Glad we avoided Lescott considering how his AEK career went.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

If it was a one off, then sure I'd give the benefit of the doubt on that but he never looks like he cares tbh. He's slouchy and has the heart of a mouse. 

Seen him at Charleston Airport after the friendly a few years back and he's walking miles behind, dr beats headphones in, munching on a bag of pic n mix, joggers to his arse almost. Guys a fraud. A gutless one. 

You just don’t like tav which is fair enough everybody likes and dislikes different players, justifying it with nonsense is where your letting yourself down 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

You just don’t like tav which is fair enough everybody likes and dislikes different players, justifying it with nonsense is where your letting yourself down 

I'm not letting myself down at all. I'm sorry if you or whoever else doesn't like my reasons.

I don't need to justify anything to myself. I've seen enough of him to merit my opinion and him stoating about an airport like that told me everything I needed to know, even 3-years ago.

As I said it's totally symbolic of him as a human being and how he carries himself. How are his team mates meant to respect and take direction from someone like that? 

Fraud.

36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That opinion would maybe hold some weight if Weir hadn’t already been Warburton assistant for about 18 months at Brentford before they even came to us. :lol:

I know he was his assistant at Brentford.  They parted ways when Weir tried to be his own manager but failed miserably.  I think Weir was a token appointment for Rangers fans who wanted someone ‘who knows what it’s all about’.  Neither could coach worth a fuck. 

If Warburton rates Weir as a coach why didn’t he hire him at QPR?

Warburton was a failure and so was Barton. Both had an arrogance about them that they thought coming up here would be much easier than it was.

Can understand Bartons comments about mentality as ours has been nothing close to what it should be for a winning Rangers side. 

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

I know he was his assistant at Brentford.  They parted ways when Weir tried to be his own manager but failed miserably.  I think Weir was a token appointment for Rangers fans who wanted someone ‘who knows what it’s all about’.  Neither could coach worth a fuck. 

If Warburton rates Weir as a coach why didn’t he hire him at QPR?

Weir didn’t work with Warburton before he went to Sheffield Utd. He went from a job with Everton to Sheffield Utd and Warburton appointed him shortly after he was sacked by Sheffield Utd and by all accounts the Weir/Warburton combination was successful for Brentford meaning there was no reason that Warburton wouldn’t take Weir up the road to work with him for us too. The fact that Weir knew the club was nothing more than a bonus and the fact they already worked together means it wasn’t a token appointment.

Warburton chose to work with Weir at three different clubs over a near six year spell..but yeah not giving Weir a job at QPR (even though Weir was already employed at a club operating at a higher level) must mean that he doesn’t rate him.

20 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not letting myself down at all. I'm sorry if you or whoever else doesn't like my reasons.

I don't need to justify anything to myself. I've seen enough of him to merit my opinion and him stoating about an airport like that told me everything I needed to know, even 3-years ago.

As I said it's totally symbolic of him as a human being and how he carries himself. How are his team mates meant to respect and take direction from someone like that? 

Fraud.

I don’t like Barisic, I get pelters on here most of the time coz of it , I think he’s a shit the bed , for 3 months I finally saw what the majority of bears were seeing , from the Feyenoord tackle that led to ojo’s goal until the break he was superb , after the break back to normal ,he’s just not got the mentality or heart to play in Scotland, but the point i’m making is I’ll judge him on what I see on the pitch not on what someone said his reaction was or coz I saw him looking in Dorothy Perkins windy up the toon, 

Tav not caring nah I’m not having that, his forms definitely dipped but on his day he’s one of the best and most creative players in that team 

he should never be captain , we base that mainly on past successful captains , the bottom line is they were better players than Tav , simple as that , “past captains were always shouting at folk” aye and after that turned and gave the ball to Paul Gascoigne or Ronald de Boer , not Ryan jack or glen Kamara to get it straight back , only person in that team I’d take the captaincy off Tav for is Greegs ,

it’s basically all down to ability mate , majority of that team aren’t good enough to play for Rangers doesn’t mean they don’t care

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

You are having a nightmare here.

Weir didn’t work with Warburton before he went to Sheffield Utd. He went from a job with Everton to Sheffield Utd and Warburton appointed him shortly after he was sacked by Sheffield Utd and by all accounts the Weir/Warburton combination was successful for Brentford meaning there was no reason that Warburton wouldn’t take Weir up the road to work with him for us too. The fact that Weir knew the club was nothing more than a bonus and the fact they already worked together means it wasn’t a token appointment.

Warburton chose to work with Weir at three different clubs over a near six year spell..but yeah not giving Weir a job at QPR (even though Weir was already employed at a club operating at a higher level) must mean that he doesn’t rate him.

Fair enough if Weir went from Everton straight to Sheffield United.  But, still think Weir was a token appointment.  I remember many Rangers fans at that time voicing concern that the expectations of Rangers were something Warburton wouldn’t be use to and the need for a ‘Rangers Man’ despite McCoist being such a failure.  It doesn’t seem like Weir enjoyed his time here either:

AFBB5F79-553E-4DF0-AF12-89E357AB7772.thumb.jpeg.e4e70f6127363d8b8a46c7821c28a2b5.jpeg

Normally if a manager and assistant work well together they stick together.  That’s not the case here.  Someone earlier in thread alluded to them parting ways on bad terms.  

In any case, thankfully they’re both gone now.  

Basically Warburton and Barton  both failed  at Scottish League level, an embarrassment on both their CVS, and it was as much down to their own attitudes as those around them. 

Joey Barton was a decent hard hitting player when he chose to commit himself, but  he never did it for us, he basically gave up before he started. He's also a nasty wee cunt, who knew Brown was gonna embarrass him due to better fitness and confidence.

And Warburton was quite simply  out of his depth, but chose not to admit it. 

The story of those two is an embarrassment in our club history, along with the likes of Alves, Senderos and Pedro. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Basically Warburton and Barton  both failed  at Scottish League level, an embarrassment on both their CVS, and it was as much down to their own attitudes as those around them. 

Joey Barton was a decent hard hitting player when he chose to commit himself, but  he never did it for us, he basically gave up before he started. He's also a nasty wee cunt, who knew Brown was gonna embarrass him due to better fitness and confidence.

And Warburton was quite simply  out of his depth, but chose not to admit it. 

The story of those two is an embarrassment in our club history, along with the likes of Alves, Senderos and Pedro. 

👌🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Empty, late and invalid words of a player who came up and talked the talk but got nutmegged v Hamilton and went missing in the few games he did play while thinking he'd stroll it in Scotland. A terrible decision to sign in the first place. Saying you know you're going to lose is shitebag material of the highest order.

Reading between the lines, I think Barton and a few senior members (probably including Kenny Miller) were fucking around with the manager and as Tavernier is obviously a Warburton favourite, either had a spat with Tavernier and Warburton, or just did not like his relationship with Warburton.   Doubt Lee Wallace  as captain would have had too much time for him either. 

Barton is a nasty wee arrogant cunt, constant trouble everywhere he has been, played the big man regarding cellic, and failed miserably. Should never have been at Rangers. 

Seen Kenny Miller said in the paper today that Warburton should have been given more time, and suggested that Barton was told he'd have a major part to play in the squad and dressing room too.  To be honest I don't take anything  Kenny Miller says too seriously, as he's mainly self interested, but there may be some truth there.  Funny though how Lee and Kenny Miller tried to take over the running of the squad and dressing room themselves after Barton was gone.

Archived