Joey Barton article

Escobar

31 minutes ago, TMB said:

I never said Tavernier was the only reason we have such a good defense.  So I’m not asking to have it both ways.  Tavernier has/is part of strong Rangers defense.  We’ve conceded the exact same amount of league goals as celtic this season and we had the best defensive record in our Europa League group.  Our problem isn’t defensive, it’s offensive.  In particular, a lack of goals after the winter break.

If you want stats look at the amount of goals Tavernier creates from open play and set-pieces and consider how important that is to this Rangers team.  Tavernier lead the SPFL top-tier in assists last season.  This season he’s yet again created more goals than anyone else in a Rangers jersey with a total of 14 assists.  

We would have had an even better record in Europe defensively if not for Tav absolutely fucking it out in Bern. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KeyserSoze said:

86BB2F19-C8B4-4AAC-847F-482F1E352654.thumb.jpeg.ecbb4bb03481e8bc027d042b209a34e1.jpeg

this picture sums up Barton. Couldn’t even look that mutant in the eye. 
shitebag

The picture doesn’t sum it up as it’s just one still image.  A second before, or after, would’ve no doubt shown him looking at Brown when he shook his hand.  Barton has shared a pitch with some of the biggest names in world football yet we’ve to believe he was too scared to look at Scott Brown.  The same Joey Barton who was done for serious assault?  Doesn’t seem likely, does it?

BTW, after the game Barton went back on to the Parkhead pitch.  Went straight over to Scott Brown, and shook his hand as a gesture of good sportsmanship.  Where does that fit in to this idea he couldn’t look at him?

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

The picture doesn’t sum it up as it’s just one still image.  A second before, or after, would’ve no doubt shown him looking at Brown when he shook his hand.  Barton has shared a pitch with some of the biggest names in world football yet we’ve to believe he was too scared to look at Scott Brown.  The same Joey Barton who was done for serious assault?  Doesn’t seem likely, does it?

BTW, after the game Barton went back on to the Parkhead pitch.  Went straight over to Scott Brown, and shook his hand as a gesture of good sportsmanship.  Where does that fit in to this idea he couldn’t look at him?

No he didn't remember saying at the time what the fucks Barton all about shitin himself

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

No he didn't remember saying at the time what the fucks Barton all about shitin himself

Do you have proof that at no point during the pregame handshakes that Joey Barton didn’t look at Scott Brown?  After the game he went back on to the pitch, went straight to Scott Brown, and shook his hand again.  If he was “shittin himself” why did he run over to Brown after the game?  Doesn’t make much sense, does it?

Also, why would he be shittin himself?  You’re aware of Joey Barton’s history?  I think even as a manager he’s been getting in to trouble for square going cunts :lol: 

Haven't read all the posts in the thread yet, but Barton is absolutely spot on in everything he has said.

Although Tav has improved massively defensively since Barton was at the club.

I can't think of many more signings that I'm more gutted they didn't work out than Barton.

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

Do you have proof that at no point during the pregame handshakes that Joey Barton didn’t look at Scott Brown?  After the game he went back on to the pitch, went straight to Scott Brown, and shook his hand again.  If he was “shittin himself” why did he run over to Brown after the game?  Doesn’t make much sense, does it?

Also, why would he be shittin himself?  You’re aware of Joey Barton’s history?  I think even as a manager he’s been getting in to trouble for square going cunts :lol: 

So makes him a hard man because he shook broons hand at the end of the game after a tanking 😂  next time I get a bit of bother I'll just shake the other guys hand and he'll shit himself and fuck off

32 minutes ago, TMB said:

Do you think that bit before or after that still picture Brown would have dropped his eyes?  Or do you think he never once looked away at any point?

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Bitter-sweet reading that.

A lot of truth in it, but he doesn't exactly come out from it well, either.

Good to know that Miller, Wallace and Halliday had an idea and had the clubs back. 

Shocking to read that he and the manager both knew we were beat before going into the game. What chance did we have?

Agree with his summary that going into a game like that with Windass and Krancjer in midfield when we need to win a battle was a recipe for disaster.

I'm amazed anyone (not anyone on here, just in general) can keep on defending Tav. Barton is the latest in a line of players and managers who have said things to the same effect but in different ways - some of them admit they target our right hand side when attacking and others just say point-blank that he can't defend.

Tav wasn't even mentioned by Barton as one of the guys that seemed bothered or was hurting by the celtic defeat and that sums him up for me. 

Embarrassing stuff mate , coz Joey Barton the ultimate cunt didn’t mention tavs name , that’s you taking it as red he wouldn’t be hurting , behave yourself , nobody shat the bed more that day than Joey Barton , after all his chat , brown dominated him 

52 minutes ago, TMB said:

Done with serious assault , deary me 

33 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Haven't read all the posts in the thread yet, but Barton is absolutely spot on in everything he has said.

Although Tav has improved massively defensively since Barton was at the club.

I can't think of many more signings that I'm more gutted they didn't work out than Barton.

Didn’t work out coz he was fucking honking and out his depth in the SPL 

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

We would have had an even better record in Europe defensively if not for Tav absolutely fucking it out in Bern. 

The defensive record in Europe is absolutely fine.  Against Leverkusen it was Tavernier who put the ball in for Edmundson’s goal.  The laughable part is when Tavernier had to leave the pitch due to injury and Polster came on only to get ripped apart.  People accused Tavernier of pretending to be injured.  The hatred for our captain is hysterical at times.

Just now, Cedrick said:

Didn’t work out coz he was fucking honking and out his depth in the SPL 

He wasn’t really given a chance in the SPFL to prove himself to be fair.  I think he played in 8 games and a few of them he came on as a substitute.  Probably 400 minutes spent in a Rangers jersey before being paid off.  

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Done with serious assault , deary me 

Well he was jailed for assault in the past.  I think he’s to stand trial again this year after assaulting the manager at Barnsley.  But aye, he’s too scared to look at Scott Brown during the prematch handshakes.  Some people actually believe that shite :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Embarrassing stuff mate , coz Joey Barton the ultimate cunt didn’t mention tavs name , that’s you taking it as red he wouldn’t be hurting , behave yourself , nobody shat the bed more that day than Joey Barton , after all his chat , brown dominated him 

Dominated him how?  The two players came together once during the entire 90mins and it was to contest a dropped ball.  

Archived