Sign in to follow this  
TheFamousPigeon

The Last Dance - Documentary on Netflix

Has anyone been watching through the NBA series 'The Last Dance' : a documentary filmed over the years following the Chicago Bulls from Jordan's joining in the late 80's til 1997/8?

It's actually a lot better than I expected. Just at a bit in episode 3 now where Jordan is talking about this 'hump' they had to break through as a team against their rivals, the Cavaliers who kept taking them in the series, to move from a team with a 'nearly' mentality to a winning team mentality. Sounds familiar eh?

Worth a watch even if you aren't a hardcore NBA fan, which I'm not, but purely for the psychology and team dynamic side of a top sports team of players and characters.

Gandalf the Blue likes this

26 minutes ago, rangersross said:

He’s an unbelievable athlete but the most impressive thing for me so far is his mentality. So relentless in his will to win. If Rangers had leader with his drive in the locker room, we’d have kicked on after January. 

Absolutely. His determination, and motivation for the game and his team is fantastic.  The bit where he leads the team into the gym to work harder, pump-up and take the Series in the following years is definitely what we need; someone leading from the front. Extra sessions, drive, creating. 

We don't have that with Tavernier. I mean I'm not there in training but I don't see him leading from the front on the field. I feel like Hagi might... but that remains to be seen.

rangersross likes this

8 hours ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

It's also brought back the question: Jordan v LeBron - who's better?

You have to give it to American sports, they're really good at the romanticism of it!

Reminds me of that scene in Rocky Balboa (2006): 

It really hasn't. 

If anything it just confirms what any right minded person already knew, Jordan is the GOAT. 

berkshirebear likes this

It is absolutely remarkable that Phil Jackson managed to keep that dressing room together and three-peat twice. 

Don't compare MJ and Kobe or LeBron. Just enjoy them all individually. 

8 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

There's a new one coming out with Le Bron.... 

Get it immediately in the bin

There is only one Space Jam. Although I would be right up for seeing Bill Murray in a remake :lol: 

TheFamousPigeon likes this

Really enjoyed the series, always hated basketball growing up, didn't see the point in it with every bit contact being a foul but some of the things Jordan did on the court was jaw dropping.