Tonight on You Tube from 7pm: 1991 Title decider Rangers v Aberdeen

neilston42

Tonight at 7pm on The Rangers Archives You Tube Channel

11th May 1991 Rangers need to defeat Aberdeen to clinch the title for the third year in a row. A draw or loss will mean the title going back up the road to the north of Scotland.

The full BBC highlights programme will be shown by clicking the link below from 7pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjKlhIBAZhY

It was the walking wounded and blooded heroes by full time. 

A truly wonderful day.  Especially when the sheep shaggers threw out a black bag full of Champions 1990/91 t-shirts as they left to go back up the road. 

On 27/04/2020 at 19:48, TEFTONG said:

A truly wonderful day.  Especially when the sheep shaggers threw out a black bag full of Champions 1990/91 t-shirts as they left to go back up the road. 

Back line of Nisbet, Spackman, Stevens and Hurlock. Johnston in midfield. Fucking lol.

9 years old and living in a village near Aberdeen at that time. I can still remember where I was when I found out we'd won the league. I was the only Rangers fan in my class, possibly even the whole school and I got it stinking in the build up to that game. In the words of Mr Partridge, needless to say I had the last laugh...

10 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Barely slept in the week leading up to this game. Stomach was in knots all week. 

The release of pressure as Hateley's goals went in was immense. 

Absolutely rocking. 

Same bud. Was lucky enough to scramble a ticket for the Broomloan rear that day  as didn't have a season ticket yet.

Was also at Fir Park the week before when we got humped 3-0 🤮

Honestly thought we had fucked it after that result as sheep went top of the league. 

But our patched up side had other ideas on the final day. Absolute limbs when the big man bulleted in that header, a fucking immense finish.

Remember Bomber Brown hobbling about like fuck in the last 15 minutes as well, could hardly move but was he fuck coming off that day.

Also remember when watching the game later on TV when Hateley got put through on goal to score his second Jock Brown saying something like "Hateley's in the middle, he looked to be offside" before the ball even got to him :lol:

Those dammed pesky Masonic refs again.

And I can remember hearing when a camera was inside the tunnel or possibly near the away changing room you hear one of our players shouting "get it up yees" 😂

Sure it sounded like Durrant.

On 27/04/2020 at 19:37, McEwan's Lager said:

If we hadn’t have done the job that day it’s possible Walter wouldn’t have got the job and/or we would have sold Hateley.

On a side note , remember Sandy Robertson scoring his only Rangers goal away to  st mirren  on the way to that title.

On 27/04/2020 at 18:48, TEFTONG said:

I remember seeing them t shirt's haha

16 minutes ago, LV said:

Memories that day are the players on the pitch after the final whistle hobbling about with crutches .

IIRC Tom Cowan broke his leg and Bomber ruptured his achilles during the match. 

Archived