Tonight on You Tube from 7pm: 1991 Title decider Rangers v Aberdeen

neilston42

20 minutes ago, billscott said:

watching it again just now nigel spackman was a terrific player for us very underatted

He was hard and a leader.

Stevens was the man that held the back line together second half of that game though. He was magnificent.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

IIRC Tom Cowan broke his leg and Bomber ruptured his achilles during the match. 

Cowan was a decent player up until that injury, we went and signed Davie Robertson after this game.

Was really nervous for this, the sheep had a good few decent chances before Hateley scored.  After that went in there was only one winner but.

Mind mccoist coming on for the last 20 minutes or so and he could barely walk never mind run.

Just now, Paulbrian11 said:

Was really nervous for this, the sheep had a good few decent chances before Hateley scored.  After that went in there was only one winner but.

Mind mccoist coming on for the last 20 minutes or so and he could barely walk never mind run.

Said this about 10 minutes ago in ma chat, cunt was absolutely honking man 😂

Having not seen the BBC highlights since that Sat night in 1991,  I forgot how shamefully biased Jock Brown's commentary was.

Oh, and anyone with a pause button, Jock, could see then and now Hateley was onside for no2, McLeish played him on.  

1 minute ago, ayrshireranger said:

Having not seen the BBC highlights since that Sat night in 1991,  I forgot how shamefully biased Jock Brown's commentary was.

Oh, and anyone with a pause button, Jock, could see then and now Hateley was onside for no2, McLeish played him on.  

I think that was the first time I was allowed to stay up and watch the highlights.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I think that was the first time I was allowed to stay up and watch the highlights.

17. Still at school, went to the game (ST  Govan Rear with Dad), watched and recorded highlights on VHS. Lost it in 2001 in a house move.

Archived