Season Ticket Renewal Thread - FAQs in OP

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is why I think the club were wrong to basically put renewals out as there was always a risk that you would have to buy a virtual ST too to watch games.

Even if i never had my box . I would never give SKY a penny ever again .Each to there own 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way they could expect you to pay for your season ticket, and then also pay to watch the game on sky, especially as they have specifically mentioned season tickets holders, as if the option won't be available to non season tickets holders.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Read that and its absolutely scandalous if true. Over 1k spent on STs for family and they can fuck right off if they think am getting charged again to watch something I've already paid to see live.

Rangers took your over 1k and everybody else’s money fine knowing something like this could happen , scandalous 

48 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As you say mate it would take ripping the piss to a whole new level. 
Suppose they have to come up with a reason we can start behind closed doors but couldn’t finish behind closed doors because it would cost the league too much money. 
All this to gift the scum a worthless title. 

So wait are the virtual season tickets going to be separate from the renewals we’ve already paid for? 

I don’t usually moan about these things but that would be a joke 

17 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

There is no way they could expect you to pay for your season ticket, and then also pay to watch the game on sky, especially as they have specifically mentioned season tickets holders, as if the option won't be available to non season tickets holders.

Nothing would surprise me any more mate , Rangers knew all this was a high possibility yet sent out renewals , £1300 left household yesterday not knowing if we’ll sit our arse in ibrox 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

So wait are the virtual season tickets going to be separate from the renewals we’ve already paid for? 

Aye clubs can sell the packages to season ticket holders. Need to see what the club do. They might include it

1 minute ago, lewislaudrup said:

Aye clubs can sell the packages to season ticket holders. Need to see what the club do. They might include it

It really should be included. I’m understanding about the current situation and the need for ticket money but some things are a step too far 

I've held off buying the season tickets tickets until we heard something but surely if you renew your season ticket you'll get the 'virtual ticket' ?

If the club charge people for the season ticket and then ask them to pay again for the virtual ticket then that's a fucking joke 

Just now, simplythebest said:

Yeah. But this was totally foreseeable.

Rangers couldn’t and cannot guarantee that ST holders were able to watch the games on TV if they weren’t in the stadium. It’s totally outside their ability to do that.

Sky will be trying to clawback money they have lost the last couple of months with not charging people for Sports packages while there is no football on. Scottish football wise they have no product at all until next season begins. When it does begin they are having to now set up 4 or 5 additional live channels or streaming services for the 6 SPFL Premiership games a week, plus get in extra commentators and all other expenses associated with the logistics it’s not going to be free.

ST holders contracts are with Rangers, not Sky. Providing a match streaming service is different to what Rangers provide us with an ST.

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

It really should be included. I’m understanding about the current situation and the need for ticket money but some things are a step too far 

I don’t see this being likely. No idea what a package would cost but Rangers would have to buy those packages from Sky and then gift them to ST holders. 

7 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I've held off buying the season tickets tickets until we heard something but surely if you renew your season ticket you'll get the 'virtual ticket' ?

If the club charge people for the season ticket and then ask them to pay again for the virtual ticket then that's a fucking joke 

Exactly what they’ll do 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don’t see this being likely. No idea what a package would cost but Rangers would have to buy those packages from Sky and then gift them to ST holders. 

If clubs are selling them then they must be some kind of commission even if Sky are providing the service 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Exactly what they’ll do 

I've actually just read it properly

"Each premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games"

So you need to purchase the season ticket from the club...

Which gives you the option of then buying the virtual ticket...

So you can watch half of the games your team plays since it's only home matches which are included..

I'm waiting for somebody to come out and say only joking lads, this is the 1 of the most fucked up deals I've ever seen 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I've actually just read it properly

"Each premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games"

So you need to purchase the season ticket from the club...

Which gives you the option of then buying the virtual ticket...

So you can watch half of the games your team plays since it's only home matches which are included..

I'm waiting for somebody to come out and say only joking lads, this is the 1 of the most fucked up deals I've ever seen 😂😂

So to watch eg us against Hamilton you’d need to buy Hamilton’s virtual season ticket ? 😳😂

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

But on the other hand it means Rangers are selling a service which they aren't providing, so they are basically taking your money with nothing in return, so to all ends the ST you buy this year  is really just a gift of cash to the club!

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

So to watch eg us against Hamilton you’d need to buy Hamilton’s virtual season ticket ? 😳😂

Sky have 48 games as part of their package anyway 

But aye if it's not included in those games and we were playing Hamilton away you would need the Hamilton virtual season ticket 😂

Chances are ours/taigs away games will mostly be on Sky anyway and you'll pay for the home games on the virtual ticket (hopefully at a far reduced price considering only Season Ticket holders can buy them)

Other clubs are getting absolutely shafted here 😂

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah. But this was totally foreseeable.

Rangers couldn’t and cannot guarantee that ST holders were able to watch the games on TV if they weren’t in the stadium. It’s totally outside their ability to do that.

Sky will be trying to clawback money they have lost the last couple of months with not charging people for Sports packages while there is no football on. Scottish football wise they have no product at all until next season begins. When it does begin they are having to now set up 4 or 5 additional live channels or streaming services for the 6 SPFL Premiership games a week, plus get in extra commentators and all other expenses associated with the logistics it’s not going to be free.

ST holders contracts are with Rangers, not Sky. Providing a match streaming service is different to what Rangers provide us with an ST.

They hardly need to set up new live channels, they already have about 10 different sports channels as well as the red button option and for the money we get off SKY they really should be setting this up free of charge, the EPL is were SKY will claw most of its cash back, its just another way to fleece fans IMO. 

After the way we’ve treated the past couple of months this is a ridiculous statement I know , but surely to fuck the club will cover the length of time the virtual season ticket is required with the money we’ve payed to our season tickets 

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Sky have 48 games as part of their package anyway 

But aye if it's not included in those games and we were playing Hamilton away you would need the Hamilton virtual season ticket 😂

Chances are ours/taigs away games will mostly be on Sky anyway and you'll pay for the home games on the virtual ticket (hopefully at a far reduced price considering only Season Ticket holders can buy them)

Other clubs are getting absolutely shafted here 😂

Shambles mate 🙈😂

3 minutes ago, mus said:

But on the other hand it means Rangers are selling a service which they aren't providing, so they are basically taking your money with nothing in return, so to all ends the ST you buy this year  is really just a gift of cash to the club!

Yeah totally. I made the point somewhere on here when renewals came out that as what we are providing is effectively an equity injection then we should really be getting shares in the club.

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

All ours and celtic away games will be live on TV anyway. This will only be a problem for other clubs fans and lets face it the away support for all the other clubs is pretty small.

Archived