Season Ticket Renewal Thread - FAQs in OP

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

After the way we’ve treated the past couple of months this is a ridiculous statement I know , but surely to fuck the club will cover the length of time the virtual season ticket is required with the money we’ve payed to our season tickets 

I’d hope so otherwise im not paying the remainder if my instalments.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

They hardly need to set up new live channels, they already have about 10 different sports channels as well as the red button option and for the money we get off SKY they really should be setting this up free of charge, the EPL is were SKY will claw most of its cash back, its just another way to fleece fans IMO. 

They will if they are showing all 3pm kick offs in England and Scotland’s top flight at the same time.

Edit. May not be Sky providing EPL coverage. I’m not sure.

The way I read the SPFL press release is that Sky will broadcast 48 games live, all other games they are not broadcasting should be available through club streaming - ie Rangers TV and the like. Access to that will be at the discretion of each club,  with a suggestion that it will be limited to season ticket holders for home games, with a limited number of away fans having the option to subscribe on a game by game basis. Therefore it would not be an additional "Sky" product you are buying or getting. Therefore the club can charge as much or as little as they want for the stream? 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

They will if they are showing all 3pm kick offs in England and Scotland’s top flight at the same time.

There is absolutely no chance we will be on at 3pm on a Saturday unless they stagger the EPL matches throughout the day which has been discussed already, even in a normal season the SPL is lucky if it has 3 games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

There is absolutely no chance we will be on at 3pm on a Saturday unless they stagger the EPL matches throughout the day which has been discussed already, even in a normal season the SPL is lucky if it has 3 games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday. 

Yeah that’s possible too. I guess my underlying point is that there’s extra logistical cost for Sky in providing this service now and I can’t see them being kind to Scottish football fans.

I’ve just read the statement now. Will be interesting to see what the package will be for clubs to sell on. 

RTV already provide this service, so why do we need Sky? If the club associate your ST to RTV then that’s what they should do. Nil payment to RTV as you have paid your ST or are doing via instalments. The Club send out links to all ST members for the associated game on RTV with one time use PW. Away games same for those paid into MYGers.

I don’t have Sky or BT so they going to make me buy a Sky package? More questions than answers for this debacle.

4 minutes ago, Old No7. said:

RTV already provide this service, so why do we need Sky? If the club associate your ST to RTV then that’s what they should do. Nil payment to RTV as you have paid your ST or are doing via instalments. The Club send out links to all ST members for the associated game on RTV with one time use PW. Away games same for those paid into MYGers.

I don’t have Sky or BT so they going to make me buy a Sky package? More questions than answers for this debacle.

Because SKY will be giving us money?

Is there anything suggesting the club will charge ST holders for this?

Is it not a case that clubs who haven't taken ST money from supporters can charge what they like for this ( likely ST level prices) whilst those clubs that have got ST sales already can do what they like (likely stream free to either ST holders/ Mygers members / RTV subscribers)?

It would be ridiculous to pay for this on top of ST prices, I'm not sure that's even the intention from the little there was available on the spfl statement 

48 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I've actually just read it properly

"Each premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games"

So you need to purchase the season ticket from the club...

Which gives you the option of then buying the virtual ticket...

So you can watch half of the games your team plays since it's only home matches which are included..

I'm waiting for somebody to come out and say only joking lads, this is the 1 of the most fucked up deals I've ever seen 😂😂

Ha ha fucking beyond contempt if the club try to sell us this. 

Be interesting to see what they do here and if for once they give the support a wee bit of consideration. 

As quickly pointed out above, we already have the service for RTV that we use for 3pm kick offs, and with the money saved from not having to pay for policing and whatever else we pay for as there is no fans, then it should be free to ST holders, as long as ST holders are not expecting refunds for not attending games.

Is this not a spfl statement anyway, rather than a Rangers one. It will be to cover the smaller clubs who maybe can't afford to cover the cost of setup for doing this.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Be interesting to see what they do here and if for once they give the support a wee bit of consideration. 

The way they've behaved towards the support recently no fuckin chance 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fucking wouldn't surprise me if they do try and take something off us for it mate

As somebody else mentioned, sky will have to setup channels etc for each club to stream matches at 3pm, they wont be doing that for free so its costing the club something & theyll try and make it back from us

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

So wait are the virtual season tickets going to be separate from the renewals we’ve already paid for? 

I don’t usually moan about these things but that would be a joke 

I really hope this has nothing to do with the club and it’s being forced on them

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Be better if Rangers give season ticket holders it for free and charge non season ticket holders to watch, could be another additional revenue stream for the club 

That only works if season ticket holders are not expecting refunds for games played behind closed doors.

We have no need to have sky host this, we will already have a provider that we use for RTV, so just need the package increased for the uptake in demand, plus more people will have access to the internet than do to sky TV.

Just now, j1mgg said:

That only works if season ticket holders are not expecting refunds for games played behind closed doors.

We have no need to have sky host this, we will already have a provider that we use for RTV, so just need the package increased for the uptake in demand, plus more people will have access to the internet than do to sky TV.

The fact that we have RTV already makes me think this is out with the clubs control and this deal has been brokered elsewhere

Up to the club now to decide how they want to handle it though, either use ST money to facilitate fans who have already paid to have access to the virtual ticket or try and charge them again 

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Wouldn’t imagine many fans will be looking for refunds tbh, I agree if possible I’d rather just cut sky out and do it ourselves, we certainly don’t owe sky any favours given the pittance they pay us anyway. 

Archived