Season Ticket Renewal Thread - FAQs in OP

51 minutes ago, jintybear said:

My problem is that I cancelled the 4 monthly instalment while it gave me time to decide if I could afford to renew in June. I have decided that I am going to renew but I don't have the email with the payment options. Did anyone else cancel the 4 monthly instalments plan and just pay in one? I have emailed the TO but I'm worried they don't get back to me in time for the deadline. Does anyone know if I am able to phone?

ccardmandate@Rangers.co.uk

I email above and they sent my dad the link to pay it , he didn’t get the initial email 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, jintybear said:

My problem is that I cancelled the 4 monthly instalment while it gave me time to decide if I could afford to renew in June. I have decided that I am going to renew but I don't have the email with the payment options. Did anyone else cancel the 4 monthly instalments plan and just pay in one? I have emailed the TO but I'm worried they don't get back to me in time for the deadline. Does anyone know if I am able to phone?

I done the same,cancelled my auto renewal and missed the cut off for the 4 monthly payments that started at the end of May. Grudgingly decided to renew last night and just took the 10 month finance option. They can ram their vouchers,refunds and the "how much can we get out of your wallet" scheme.

My mate was telling me about what Clyde are doing instead of issuing refunds for last season,  it's a digital season ticket for next season to cope with the Covid situation. 

Instead of season ticket book, you get a card with £250 credit and that's the equiv of every home game.  If games are behind closed doors/ cancelled/ or if you miss games when back to normal, you can use your credit for club merchandise/hospitality/etc.  Any money left in the card at end of season can be donated to the club or used towards next seasons payment. 

Thats a fucking great idea, none of this refund/extra loyalty points pish and you know what's happening if a covid 2nd wave fucks next season.  

Amazes me a shitty wee diddy team can come up with that and we go with £25 refund with "extra loyalty" if you don't take it. 

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/24/6451/#.XvOt27fTXN4

3 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

My mate was telling me about what Clyde are doing instead of issuing refunds for last season,  it's a digital season ticket for next season to cope with the Covid situation. 

Instead of season ticket book, you get a card with £250 credit and that's the equilevelant of every home game.  If games are behind closed doors/ cancelled/ or if you miss games when back to normal, you can use your credit for club merchandise/hospitality/etc.  Any money left in the card at end of season can be donated to the club or used towards next seasons payment. 

Thats a fucking great idea, none of this refund/extra loyalty points pish and you know what's happening if a covid 2nd wave fucks next season.  

All well and good for a club that has no expectations and can cut its cloth. If I'm understanding it, surely if we did that we'd be opening ourselves up to the potential of a substantial income hit? 

See, it seems like people are wanting to have their cake and eat it with things like this. Would folk accept the Board going for a scheme like that whilst cutting budgets accordingly, just in case proper games don't happen til January and it costa them a reduction in merchandise/hospitality etc income? The Board wouldn't be given any breathing space for having done something like that. They'd still be expected to have the same investment in the team.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

All well and good for a club that has no expectations and can cut its cloth. If I'm understanding it, surely if we did that we'd be opening ourselves up to the potential of a substantial income hit? 

See, it seems like people are wanting to have their cake and eat it with things like this. Would folk accept the Board going for a scheme like that whilst cutting budgets accordingly, just in case proper games don't happen til January and it costa them a reduction in merchandise/hospitality etc income? The Board wouldn't be given any breathing space for having done something like that. They'd still be expected to have the same investment in the team.

Well said.

1 hour ago, Craiggybear said:

Instead of season ticket book, you get a card with £250 credit and that's the equiv of every home game.  If games are behind closed doors/ cancelled/ or if you miss games when back to normal, you can use your credit for club merchandise/hospitality/etc.  Any money left in the card at end of season can be donated to the club or used towards next seasons payment. 

Amazes me a shitty wee diddy team can come up with that and we go with £25 refund with "extra loyalty" if you don't take it. 

That's not what we've done, you can get a full refund for the 5 remaining games of the season by filling in and posting a form (Would be between 100 and 200 depending on where you sit). Alternatively you can email and take a £25 voucher (or nothing at all) and you'll also get 25 points on mygers if you have it. Definitely some criticism of it though given the refund was announced long after the voucher and my impression anyway is that the club have made some effort to keep it quiet.

I don't think a system like Clyde's would fit a club our size with our fanbase though.

25 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Definitely some criticism of it though given the refund was announced long after the voucher and my impression anyway is that the club have made some effort to keep it quiet.

Yep I've fucked the wording of the bit you highlighted, meant to say £25 as a loyal alternative instead of taking the refund. 

But you've hit the nail on the head with the above.. I'm not suggesting we can copy Clyde, that has the potential to cripple our finances. 

My point was a team far below us have took the time to stop and think about a solution over a few months, rather than an immediate  kneejerk £25 voucher then quietly announce "Aye OK you can get a refund then" weeks later.

3 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

That is exactly why they are and will forever remain "a wee diddy team" mate.

13 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

Clyde didn't buy Hagi

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Never doubted you’d be back in your seat this season Jinty

knew you would find a way 👍

It’s just too much to think we’ve followed through the lower leagues and then it didn’t bear thinking about someone else sitting in my seat when we win 55! 🇬🇧🇬🇧

36 minutes ago, jintybear said:

It’s just too much to think we’ve followed through the lower leagues and then it didn’t bear thinking about someone else sitting in my seat when we win 55! 🇬🇧🇬🇧

You needn't have worried about that happening any time soon 

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You needn't have worried about that happening any time soon 

Sadly I think you’re right. Our signings so far haven’t overwhelmed me. Gerrard needs to win something this season though 

33 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Did everyone receive a confirmation email when renewing in full?

I have received an email for mygers but not for my ST however there is a PDF invoice which technically confirms the payment.

Should I be getting an email aswell?

How long ago did you renew can take over a week for the confirmation email am sure. 

37 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

That would explain it then, just renewed yesterday.

I didn't get one at all the season I paid in full.

Rang them at the time and they were like you've definitely paid for it but we'll send you an email now. Still haven't got it.

4 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Did everyone receive a confirmation email when renewing in full?

I have received an email for mygers but not for my ST however there is a PDF invoice which technically confirms the payment.

Should I be getting an email aswell?

Took about 3 days for my confirmation email. 

Archived