Season Ticket Renewal Thread - FAQs in OP

I think anyone renewing now is off their nut, if the club needed the money NOW they wouldn’t extend the renewal deadline until end of June.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BEE said:

I think anyone renewing now is off their nut, if the club needed the money NOW they wouldn’t extend the renewal deadline until end of June.

Gonna renew at some point, but as per Rangers you will get a £25 voucher for the shop so that's £50 in vouchers I get instead of offering me £50 off my 2 books. 

Said it days ago I’d be extremely disappointed if the club acted like the rest of European football as if they’re immune to the whole situation. 

That’s exactly what we done today and it’s nothing short of a joke. 

It was simple tbh, we all know ye need the money but I honestly think a deposit would’ve been good until we knew what was happening then give us the 4 month payment plan or whatever. 

Footballs reaction to this whole thing has made me question whether I should invest so much time and energy into it

Not interested from a personal point of view but has anyone delved into the T & Cs of the ST renewal? 

Just wondering if it goes into detail that you are basically paying into a product that you may not get?  As I read recently NFL clubs were being sued by their own fans for taking season ticket money with them basically knowing their fans wouldn’t get any use out of their tickets. 
Im sure we will have looked at this to cover ourselves, whether it’s good news for the fans or not.

Im going to pay the full amount nearer the deadline, I’ve just paid £700 for no golf and now looking at £600 with probably no football.  Want to see both clubs open on the other side but I’d be lying if I’d said paying £1300 for the square root of fuck all sits easy with me, I’m lucky in a sense that I can afford it but I’m not that well off that I can easily write it off without a care with 2 young boys under 4.

As much as I love Rangers I think there is a touch of arrogance in putting out the renewals as normal without even a hint of what happens if the majority can’t get into Ibrox in any great numbers for the next year.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Said it days ago I’d be extremely disappointed if the club acted like the rest of European football as if they’re immune to the whole situation. 

That’s exactly what we done today and it’s nothing short of a joke. 

It was simple tbh, we all know ye need the money but I honestly think a deposit would’ve been good until we knew what was happening then give us the 4 month payment plan or whatever. 

Footballs reaction to this whole thing has made me question whether I should invest so much time and energy into it

Nail on the head here, stuff like this really makes me realise how much of my hard earned I’ve just ploughed into a large corporate entity and really question at time if it’s worth it considering the way fans are treated.

9 minutes ago, BEE said:

Nail on the head here, stuff like this really makes me realise how much of my hard earned I’ve just ploughed into a large corporate entity and really question at time if it’s worth it considering the way fans are treated.

Aye it’s made me question everything mate. BT subscription for our games, CL and EL all getting paid to clubs and organisations that literally shown they live in their own wee money bubble despite a global pandemic. 

I’ve saved £600 this month with no football or pubs to go to... 

11 minutes ago, BEE said:

I feel as if as the years pass we get the pish completely ripped out of us even more with the club.

More tickets for the fat cats

7 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I feel as if as the years pass we get the pish completely ripped out of us even more with the club.

More tickets for the fat cats

See the fan view footage of big Katic’s goal at parkheed , apart from some genuine lads going mad , I’ve seen more limbs there when we won a shy when the 7k went , not that I’m getting into the whole allocation debate just saying 

2 hours ago, BEE said:

It’s totally different now, the club aren’t even taking advantage of government grants available to them.

I thought the players had voluntarily took a paycut and the staff were furloughed?

Would be interesting if 40k fans buy season tickets but the 1st half of the season ends up behind closed doors for example...(which is very possible) 

Not sure how the club could argue against giving something substantial back, surely there's some sort of legal precedence set somewhere with this

3 hours ago, BEE said:

What difference does it make if you renew now or nearer the deadline?  For me it doesn't.  I appreciate all the arguments about this particular year, in as much as we may not get the use of our ST for xx amount of games, but not taking a ST this year seriously jeopardises having a ST for the rest of your life or at least for a serious amount of time, with the current waiting list etc.  I do understand if you cannot afford it due to circumstances. 

I'm far from happy with how Rangers have dealt with this, stupid letters from the manager on the Sunday proud of the fact we are not raising ST prices, which is actually correct, but then hitting us the next day with £40 up front for away ticket chance and £10 for RSC membership etc.  Also pretty much forcing you to spend £60 for RTV to have as good a chance as you can to get an away ticket.  This year of all years they do this - they should have left it till next year.  

But, for me, its either pay and have a ST or don't and lose it!!!!

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Would be interesting if 40k fans buy season tickets but the 1st half of the season ends up behind closed doors for example...(which is very possible) 

Not sure how the club could argue against giving something substantial back, surely there's some sort of legal precedence set somewhere with this

Next year if we miss 6 games we'll get a party hat, a book of subway vouchers and a goldfish in a wee clear bag to thank us for our "loyalty"

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I thought the players had voluntarily took a paycut and the staff were furloughed?

Deferred wages, hadn’t heard that about staff but if so that’s at least a step forward.

58 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

What difference does it make if you renew now or nearer the deadline?  For me it doesn't.  I appreciate all the arguments about this particular year, in as much as we may not get the use of our ST for xx amount of games, but not taking a ST this year seriously jeopardises having a ST for the rest of your life or at least for a serious amount of time, with the current waiting list etc.  I do understand if you cannot afford it due to circumstances. 

I'm far from happy with how Rangers have dealt with this, stupid letters from the manager on the Sunday proud of the fact we are not raising ST prices, which is actually correct, but then hitting us the next day with £40 up front for away ticket chance and £10 for RSC membership etc.  Also pretty much forcing you to spend £60 for RTV to have as good a chance as you can to get an away ticket.  This year of all years they do this - they should have left it till next year.  

But, for me, its either pay and have a ST or don't and lose it!!!!

Covered by other posters here but by late June the world could be a different place given the current situation and so I’d much rather hold off until then before committing.

You’ll always get people who will throw their cash at the club without a second thought, but in the current climate and the way this has been handled I think that will steadily be reducing.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Players and management directors etc not losing a penny, just getting it all further down the line.

By the look of it players will stay on £20/30k a week salaries funded by the fans paying £600 a year to watch 0 games at Ibrox.

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

See the fan view footage of big Katic’s goal at parkheed , apart from some genuine lads going mad , I’ve seen more limbs there when we won a shy when the 7k went , not that I’m getting into the whole allocation debate just saying 

The whole allocation debate is a crock of shite mate and that is me getting into it

Anyone that wants less fans in Ibrox so more fans can give celtic more money is a fucking moron

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The whole allocation debate is a crock of shite mate and that is me getting into it

Anyone that wants less fans in Ibrox so more fans can give celtic more money is a fucking moron

Agree mate point I’m making out the 800 theres very little are falling into the hands of punters 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Agree mate point I’m making out the 800 there very little are falling into the hands of punters 

That's fair enough mate

Just don't get people that want the allocation put back to what it was. Completely embarrassing to want to rob other Rangers fans of a seat and Rangers of money for old firm games at Ibrox just to get a ticket to that shitehole 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That's fair enough mate

Just don't get people that want the allocation put back to what it was. Completely embarrassing to want to rob other Rangers fans of a seat and Rangers of money for old firm games at Ibrox just to get a ticket to that shitehole 

I wasn’t pleased  at first mate I must admit felt a bit hard done by , stood thru some tankings there and now when we’re competitive again can’t go , I’ve enjoyed ibrox full of bears more though , 7k is there 800 them ibrox is the way forward 👍🏻😂

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I wasn’t pleased  at first mate I must admit felt a bit hard done by , stood thru some tankings there and now when we’re competitive again can’t go , I’ve enjoyed ibrox full of bears more though , 7k is there 800 them ibrox is the way forward 👍🏻😂

I thought beating them there in December with only 800 was glorious.

When that final whistle went and all you could hear was 800 of ours roaring above all those creepy bastards I thought it was the most wonderful thing I had ever heard 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I thought beating them there in December with only 800 was glorious.

When that final whistle went and all you could hear was 800 of ours roaring above all those creepy bastards I thought it was the most wonderful thing I had ever heard 

👏🏻😂

I haven't got an e-mail for my season ticket  yet.

Can anyone clarify if you can still apply for non-season ticket home games (domestic cups) , european home games  , travel club  and semi finals and finals  through your season ticket application as i have zero interest in the MyGers pish ?

7 minutes ago, Steakbake said:

I haven't got an e-mail for my season ticket  yet.

Can anyone clarify if you can still apply for non-season ticket home games (domestic cups) , european home games  , travel club  and semi finals and finals  through your season ticket application as i have zero interest in the MyGers pish ?

From what I can see it's only non season ticket home games and friendlies that are the 2 options, everything else must be membership 

Archived