5 Home Games = £25 Voucher?

BEE

10 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

The way I read it was there would be a voucher once a decision was made , but if ppl are joining today that wouldn't be there , fuck knows though 

That’s the case so can’t use it against membership at this moment in time.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldn't be the clubs choice - it should be a decision made by the league regards how postponed games are compensated across the board. The voucher offer is embarrassing and a potential PR disaster. Club makes around £5,000,000 on ticket sales for games not played and gives out vouchers that probably have a real value of maybe £5.00 per person.

17 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Refunding 150 to each ST holder would mean paying back 7 million plus. So we couldn't even do half of that given the circumstances. 

Optional discount against next year season ticket would be a good alternative, uber staunch can opt to not claim.

They should have put season tickets up 5% and offered to take £100 off for existing season ticket holders if they renewed by end of May.

Then it's a decent looking discount, actually helps folk out now who might be struggling a bit, encourages people to renew and they're probably only out £50 per person which they will get back in a year by upping increased season ticket prices by another 5%  

By not helping fans now, and putting pressure on them financially, it's the exact opposite of the loyalty they talk about in there PR messaging  

29 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

They should have put season tickets up 5% and offered to take £100 off for existing season ticket holders if they renewed by end of May.

Then it's a decent looking discount, actually helps folk out now who might be struggling a bit, encourages people to renew and they're probably only out £50 per person which they will get back in a year by upping increased season ticket prices by another 5%  

By not helping fans now, and putting pressure on them financially, it's the exact opposite of the loyalty they talk about in there PR messaging  

I agree with most of your post but I don’t think they should have increased it by 5%. I think a discount of £50 for each ST holder And £25 for the weans would have went a long way. I am currently debating whether to renew at all because I can’t justify paying over a £1000 for 2 STs and the weans for absolutely no guarantee of any football. I think it would have made it a bit easier to make a decision because I would have been under £1k for all. 

See if the club was as bold as brass with every cunt else as they are with us , we wouldn’t be getting shat on from every corner of the country for the last how many years 

16 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

See if the club was as bold as brass with every cunt else as they are with us , we wouldn’t be getting shat on from every corner of the country for the last how many years 

Hear, hear!

Theres no right or wrong way everyone will be effected differently.  Although for me personally I would have been happy with whats been said of a £50 discount off the renewal. That at least looks fair and kind of meets you half way. 

I have already said in a poll previously I never wanted money refunded, but the £25 limited use voucher is pretty shite.

I'm sure bears will all say , we love supporting the club .Not looking for anything in return . Yet this is taking the total cunt out of us tbh 

And we are expected to buy a new ST . On the same basis . Games don't get played . fuck off with your refund .

Would have been better just to have given us vouchers for the clubs catering ffs . 

Must admit, it is a disappointment, but as a business, it’s not their fault. I suppose they can’t be giving out goodwill gestures when they are losing money big time too.

Just not sure what I will do. I had so many plans this year which have now been taken away and financially it’s a big challenge just now.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Personally I'm not bothered about a voucher or getting any money back from Rangers.   We are not cash-rich as a club and I have no wish to weaken our position.   I can possibly understand if some fans are really strapped for cash and hoped for a rebate.

This 

5 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

It shouldn't be the clubs choice - it should be a decision made by the league regards how postponed games are compensated across the board. The voucher offer is embarrassing and a potential PR disaster. Club makes around £5,000,000 on ticket sales for games not played and gives out vouchers that probably have a real value of maybe £5.00 per person.

The Club can't afford to give back £5m.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm sure bears will all say , we love supporting the club .Not looking for anything in return . Yet this is taking the total cunt out of us tbh 

And we are expected to buy a new ST . On the same basis . Games don't get played . fuck off with your refund .

Would have been better just to have given us vouchers for the clubs catering ffs . 

Have you seen the Club accounts, we can't afford rebates.

Every discount, every refund, every reduction in the money being brought in for this season reduces our competitiveness.   Full stop.

Regardless of rights of wrongs with monies due back to punters, the staff still need paid so reimbursements impact on that.

Everyone had their own demands and priorities. But I'm fortunate enough to day I'm all in, let's chase these fuckers down.

Let me put my own perspective on this and I fully understand that others may have a very parlous financial position.    I am treating the current situation the same way I treated our position in 2012.   I have grown up as a Rangers fan and frankly my life used to totally revolve around watching the Gers.   I still love the Club and as far as I am concerned they need my money. (yet again).   But that is how supporting a professional football club goes.  The more who pay their money the better we (hopefully) get.    I will renew the three season tickets and I don't give a damn about  the money for the lost home games for this season.  If we, the fans, don't support the Club financially then the result will be  the demise and eventual death of a  football institution of no equal.  I cannot be a party to that outcome.   I ask you all to think back to 2012 and how you all thought about the possibility of  not being able to watch The Rangers.    That may sound dramatic to some but no-one expected 2012 then either.

35 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Many of our players and club officials earn twice as much in one week as my pension gives me in a year. Maybe these people might think about helping out the club .

Why? They're contracted. 

Suppose we could always let them walk away for nothing..

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Let me put my own perspective on this and I fully understand that others may have a very parlous financial position.    I am treating the current situation the same way I treated our position in 2012.   I have grown up as a Rangers fan and frankly my life used to totally revolve around watching the Gers.   I still love the Club and as far as I am concerned they need my money. (yet again).   But that is how supporting a professional football club goes.  The more who pay their money the better we (hopefully) get.    I will renew the three season tickets and I don't give a damn about  the money for the lost home games for this season.  If we, the fans, don't support the Club financially then the result will be  the demise and eventual death of a  football institution of no equal.  I cannot be a party to that outcome.   I ask you all to think back to 2012 and how you all thought about the possibility of  not being able to watch The Rangers.    That may sound dramatic to some but no-one expected 2012 then either.

Good post, I totally get that lots of people will ultimately feel let down but the truth is clear as day....if we say refunded even £100 a head for adults.....that would be in the region of £4/4.5 million quid....taking into account that we would also have lost 5 matchday incomes.....I don't think the club is that well off that we can afford to hamstring what budget we may or may not have for next season.....the reality could easily be that whilst the support get their refunds we could end up with a massive downsizing project with the squad....the club will be damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

I don’t think anyone here is looking for a refund from last season. I think the point is this season. There is no guarantee of us seeing any football before Christmas and even then it is under debate. The club are charging full price STs with no discount for the loss of games in the coming season and then insult the fans with a £25 voucher which, lets face it, gets next to nothing. A token gesture. If they were serious they could have deducted even the £25 from this years ST price. There are so many fans who are getting absolutely no money whatsoever just now and yes the club needs our help but what about these loyal supporters who have stuck with the club through thick and thin and loyally paid no matter what. The club are basically say Fck you and they will lose their seat. Loyalty goes both ways

Archived