BEE

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

150 I reckon. 25 quid for the 4 games and 50 for the papes

£150 x 48,000.  £4,800,000 + £2,400,000

= £7,200,000. 

No way could the club afford to pay that back, especially in the circumstances we find ourselves in at the moment. 

The £25 vouchers × 48,000 = £1,200,000. I know it can only be "spent" on things that most of us would never buy, but if folk use them it could introduce fans into parts of the club that they normally wouldn't use and could end up with more folk liking those parts of the club and possibly using them again so I'm quite happy with it.  I wasn't expecting anything back tbh so I'm ok with it. 

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Are the government not paying our staff at the moment 

Some non-playing staff, aye and they’re paying 80% of it. The club continue to pay the other 20%.

our first team staff costs last season was £25m. That will be around £30m this season. They’ve taken a deferment so if we assume it’s 50%, that money still need to be paid back to them when we resume. 

23 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Some non-playing staff, aye and they’re paying 80% of it. The club continue to pay the other 20%.

our first team staff costs last season was £25m. That will be around £30m this season. They’ve taken a deferment so if we assume it’s 50%, that money still need to be paid back to them when we resume. 

Aye it's a shite time for everyone I just dont think we need to start a poor club narrative about they have staff to pay etc , I've already covered my views on this voucher offer , what they should be telling us is what they plan on doing about next seasons money if it continues , is it another £25 voucher for each 5 games missed etc 

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why? They're contracted. 

Suppose we could always let them walk away for nothing..

But don't forget the club told us last summer that our St's were a contract between us and the club, so does they mean they have broken that contract?

17 hours ago, BEE said:

I’m sure that many will have that outlook but many others expect a return on what they’ve paid.

It’s an investment on a football team in which you love and support not a pre booked holiday.

Genuinely shocked at season ticket holders who are disappointed in not getting money back.

Why are you even buying the season ticket in the first place if you don’t want to help the club financially.

Think a lot of the criticism comes from people wanting to show off on social media that they have a season ticket or travel to Euro games.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

It’s an investment on a football team in which you love and support not a pre booked holiday.

Genuinely shocked at season ticket holders who are disappointed in not getting money back.

Why are you even buying the season ticket in the first place if you don’t want to help the club financially.

Think a lot of the criticism comes from people wanting to show off on social media that they have a season ticket or travel to Euro games.

Or people might be skint, not sure if you have noticed but there is something going on around the world just now!! also according to the club your ST is a contract between you and the club and if you do anything to break said contract you could lose your ST, but they seem to think it's ok to break the contract and just have everybody accept it without question!

1 minute ago, mus said:

Or people might be skint, not sure if you have noticed but there is something going on around the world just now!! also according to the club your ST is a contract between you and the club and if you do anything to break said contract you could lose your ST, but they seem to think it's ok to break the contract and just have everybody accept it without question!

You’ve answered your own point saying about the pandemic then breaking the contract.

Its clearly not the clubs fault. A season ticket is an investment for the club and yourself.

You genuinely think the club should be handing back £150 to over 40,000 people?

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Aye it's a shite time for everyone I just dont think we need to start a poor club narrative about they have staff to pay etc , I've already covered my views on this voucher offer , what they should be telling us is what they plan on doing about next seasons money if it continues , is it another £25 voucher for each 5 games missed etc 

The communication around ST for next season is a fucking disgrace. That’s all I’ll say on it 

I guess another thing to think about is whether the voucher compensation sets a precedent.

We renew, and the league start is delayed to November and they change it to a different format, say 14 teams home and away, do they refund season ticket holders or do they just give us another £25 voucher as an 'acknowledgement of our loyalty'.

Surely the club have a responsibility to be up front and open about what their response would be to various scenarios that might happen, especially if they are expecting people to pay out significant amounts of money up front??

46 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Birthday card pish, maybe looked at it that way when when I was 14.

As others have said I’m unhappy with the actions of the board and I am seriously reconsidering putting in further money given the current situation.

The last paragraph is laughable - I purchase a season ticket to attend a set number of football games, it that isn’t honoured then suitable compensation should be offered. £25 is insulting for 5 games.

Club have rode the arse right off us all in the last few days. I predicted that would happen and I’m gutted it has. 

They needed to show the fans they cared, especially in crazy times we live in. Instead they just ploughed along as normal (much like UEFA who get a lot of stick on here for it) as if nothing has changed and they look forward to seeing us at the friendly games in July, where the rumoured reality is fans won’t be attending games till maybe 2021. 

I understood my price increases over the last few years and was happy to help the club move toward an even keel. But this one I feel like I’m just a number, which I probably am anyway but it would’ve been good if the club stepped up and broke the mould of other clubs in the UK with regards to STs by allowing a deposit to keep your seat or anything other than what they’ve actually done. 

Should I really be shelling out £900 on STs and another £100 for myGers when I’m out a job in July? With no prospect of even going to a game till later this year? Probably not. 

16 minutes ago, BEE said:

Birthday card pish, maybe looked at it that way when when I was 14.

As others have said I’m unhappy with the actions of the board and I am seriously reconsidering putting in further money given the current situation.

The last paragraph is laughable - I purchase a season ticket to attend a set number of football games, it that isn’t honoured then suitable compensation should be offered. £25 is insulting for 5 games.

So do you think we’d be able to afford Kent last season or Hagi this summer without season ticket money?

You’d be the first to complain if we lost out on a player to the tarriers cos we couldn’t afford him.

If that’s how you feel you should take the club to court cos they have ‘broken your contract’ and you’ve not had suitable compensation 

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You’ve answered your own point saying about the pandemic then breaking the contract.

Its clearly not the clubs fault. A season ticket is an investment for the club and yourself.

You genuinely think the club should be handing back £150 to over 40,000 people?

No you are right but it's not the fans fault either, and what happens if there is no football next season they don't mention that , will they just give us another £25 voucher to give back to them to cover a £600 ST? why should the fans always be the ones to keep giving , the players have only deffered their money so the club just keep coming back to the fans and take the piss, and even if they did offer a refund on this years ticket how many would have actually  taken them up on it? At least they would have made a gesture to the fans instead of just keep taking!

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

The communication around ST for next season is a fucking disgrace. That’s all I’ll say on it 

The whole strategy and messaging is wrong etc but the actual writing of the communication pieces surrounding it and MYGERS is shambolic.

This isn’t even English:

“We are in this together. Fan, Player and Club.

Our Membership scheme pays homage to the collective unity between this trilogy. We drive each other forward and together we are stronger.”

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The whole strategy and messaging is wrong etc but the actual writing of the communication pieces surrounding it and MYGERS is shambolic.

This isn’t even English:

Our Membership scheme pays homage to the collective unity between this trilogy. We drive each other forward and together we are stronger.”

Yip a lot of it makes absolutely no sense. 

What the fuck does ‘With MyGers you will be Always Rangers’ mean :lol: 

It’s so bad it’s laughable 

57 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

So do you think we’d be able to afford Kent last season or Hagi this summer without season ticket money?

You’d be the first to complain if we lost out on a player to the tarriers cos we couldn’t afford him.

If that’s how you feel you should take the club to court cos they have ‘broken your contract’ and you’ve not had suitable compensation 

Bet you’ve got Rangers bed sheets and pyjamas, you looking forward to the schools going back?

51 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This isn’t even English:

24 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Ha belter of a comeback.

And you think I’m a school child??

Either that or a total cuck who accepts being treated like shite.

The thing is the club still have a wage bill to pay,   I would have like to have seen all players take a 50% pay cut until things resume as the players know the club needs the money and we fans have backed them to the hilt as it is as European games alone where expensive compared with other clubs yet we filled the stadium every game  

I have renewed my 2 books but my heart goes out to supporters who have been season tickets holders for donkey years yet the club is not helping them with say a 12 month direct debit  payKent system say starting in August.  

And how much is it gonna cost me to join the new club thing for away tickets?  And going to all games at Ibrox including friendliest as I always do,  What away tickets will I get as last year was a disgrace and if it was not for a freinds I would also have missed the cup final?

Also why have we not got the players  and management phoning OAP season ticket holders at home just now ?  They must have or could get every over 65 or 70 year olds details and make their day by a simple call and would be good  PR. I see Norwich are doing it down south.  

Archived