5 Home Games = £25 Voucher?

BEE

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Agreed , I thought the points would be counting week in week out , you could over take someone have more points but they can go to tynecastle and Easter road until the 12 week calculation then when your position is improved ,it could then be away to shite like Livi , fucking madness 

Still can't get my head around buy the full top tier RTV package and have almost twice as many "loyalty" points as a fan who has went to all the European games supporting the club. 

That and the other tit-bit's tells you it's about who wants to pay the most money to be in contention for tickets rather than who actually goes to the games.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Still can't get my head around buy the full top tier RTV package and have almost twice as many "loyalty" points as a fan who has went to all the European games supporting the club. 

That and the other tit-bit's tells you it's about who wants to pay the most money to be in contention for tickets rather than who actually goes to the games.

Aye shambles, for me definitely the biggest farce Is you can be accruing lots of points more than other bears but they can get priority over you until they calculate it in 12 weeks time 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Aye shambles, for me definitely the biggest farce Is you can be accruing lots of points more than other bears but they can get priority over you until they calculate it in 12 weeks time 

My best mate who goes everywhere, he's got 3 season tickets in Bar72 for him and the family .... he's almost £1500 extra due to the price increase and is also another £150 a year now for 3 memberships, every year. 

He's a normal guy like you or me who can push the boat out a little for the Bar72 tickets to treat the family but there comes a point when you think wtf this can't be done anymore.

Lets face it guys, we are an english premiership club in all but name, and i dont mean size wise, i mean the rank and file are being raped for dough, just like in england where people that come from within 1 mile if the stadium are priced out by day trippers.

I was at hertha berlin v wolfsburg as part of a stag doo and i felt like a fuckin ghoul to be honest.  They have a wee matchday section cordend off and i left it, went to the bog and went left instead of right, ended up speaking to a couple of their supporters who realised they needed the money but had to put up wae cunts that see it as a day out.   

When we get beat i want to cry. Cannae speak to my mrs or the kids. Fuckin hate myself. We win.....fuck it, dominos pizza for tea, kids need a tennis raquet??? Buy 2. 

This scheme is dreamed up by a linkedin prick who in 2 years will be working for a mattress company boasting about how he upped sales in a different product line 

Im fucked off with us at the moment 

13 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Lets face it guys, we are an english premiership club in all but name, and i dont mean size wise, i mean the rank and file are being raped for dough, just like in england where people that come from within 1 mile if the stadium are priced out by day trippers.

I was at hertha berlin v wolfsburg as part of a stag doo and i felt like a fuckin ghoul to be honest.  They have a wee matchday section cordend off and i left it, went to the bog and went left instead of right, ended up speaking to a couple of their supporters who realised they needed the money but had to put up wae cunts that see it as a day out.   

When we get beat i want to cry. Cannae speak to my mrs or the kids. Fuckin hate myself. We win.....fuck it, dominos pizza for tea, kids need a tennis raquet??? Buy 2. 

This scheme is dreamed up by a linkedin prick who in 2 years will be working for a mattress company boasting about how he upped sales in a different product line 

Im fucked off with us at the moment 

Broke my heart even liking that, but it's all true. 

17 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

I can remember years ago actor Ray Winston on the TV saying one of the saddest things he'd ever seen was when he went into a pub and the place was full of Chelsea fans, they were watching their team on the telly, why was he sad, said these guys used to go to the games to support Chelsea but could no longer afford to go, hope we're not going down the same road.

Do you know what, that’s a large section of my mates who come to our games a few times a season and they’ll also be fucked off this - but luckily there’ll always be a way around it if you know the right guy.

12 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Between the corruption in Scottish football, our refusal to take them getting a title to court and this scheme it's scunnered me beyond belief mate. 

I can reluctantly accept seasons we win fuck all, Old Firm defeats etc - but this is different for me. Feels like a collection of slaps to the face all in one short space of time.

We’ve had nothing but slaps to the face since Ally was handed the managers job. 

Being a Rangers fan now means being mugged off and treated like shite by those within the club and on the outside, with zero reward on the park. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think the ‘linkedin prick’ will be very successful for us commercially. 

Im glad you think that. I think that there is already a divide amongst the support over this venture. It smacks of money grabbing 

People moaning about our new commercial director. 

We haven't had proper marketing and brand awareness campaigns for 2 decades. Even Manchester 2008 we hardly did a thing to promote and really make some serious money. 

Fans will always be used for money - but we will do it more times than not to support the club we love. If you can't afford it then there are still options for you to attend games. We are lucky to have a massive fanbase. The club needs to take advantage of it.

If we have a 10m hole needing filled and thats with doing well in the Europa in the last 2 seasons, then of course we need to bring out new campaigns to raise funds. 

People who don't see that are living on another planet.

14 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Im glad you think that. I think that there is already a divide amongst the support over this venture. It smacks of money grabbing 

Absolutely. Don’t agree with it in the slightest - it’s aimed at making money for the club, which we’ll all pay after a bit of moaning.

When I said he’ll be successful, I mean he’ll generate significantly more commercial revenue than the club has previously. Not that he’ll be well liked by fans. 

The more kids and children who sign up to My Gers will benefit the club. They can track them and get them into being full time supporters for the future. Like it or not, alot of kids prefer the EPL. How many strips do you see for Scottish teams v 15 years ago.

The membership scheme is a cracking idea in my opinion. It's downside is hitting loyal fans who have followed the team for 20 30 40 years. But the scheme certainly builds us going forward in terms of engaging our future generation fans.

40 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

The more kids and children who sign up to My Gers will benefit the club. They can track them and get them into being full time supporters for the future. Like it or not, alot of kids prefer the EPL. How many strips do you see for Scottish teams v 15 years ago.

The membership scheme is a cracking idea in my opinion. It's downside is hitting loyal fans who have followed the team for 20 30 40 years. But the scheme certainly builds us going forward in terms of engaging our future generation fans.

The bit in bold above, care to explain how exactly??

3 minutes ago, mus said:

The bit in bold above, care to explain how exactly??

If a Mother or Father signs up their newborn or young child - perhaps they are too young to go to matches just now, but the club will.have their details to interact with them over the years.

James Bisgrove said on the video yesterday that he understands young kids may not want to go to a busy 1st game and it may be best to eg go to a friendly game (lower crowd not as busy) thats where the club can reach out. I dont have any other details but I'd imagine for example Rangers may send a small gift to kids on the scheme at Christmas time or a card on their birthday. This keeps things engaged for the future. I'm sure other ideas will be in the pipeline.  Just now without a scheme the club don't have a record of our future fans.

41 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

You are either a board stooge or a shettleston harrier as there is no way anyone can be as wrong as you on every subject you post on. 

My son doesnt need myGers membership, hes had a season book since he was 4. He goes to away games and has signed jerseys etc. He knows who he is, he knows who his club is. He has had more fuckin abject misery following us than any kid should suffer but comes back for more time and again. He doesnt need a £25 membership to prove this, the multiple thousands spent following us over the last 5 years proves hes in it for the long haul. 

The board would be better getting thier dicks out their arses and get us a kit manufacturer so that kids can wear the shirt and get half decent players to fill the first team kit so kids can wear it with pride. 

Im near enough done wae the club after this shite, its always the fans that bail us out.  Club 1872, the SLO, multiple club memebers should all have advised against this, especially in this current climate but no, because the membership scheme will benefit the inner sanctum again over the RSC's and the rank and file who keep the club going. 

5 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

If a Mother or Father signs up their newborn or young child - perhaps they are too young to go to matches just now, but the club will.have their details to interact with them over the years.

James Bisgrove said on the video yesterday that he understands young kids may not want to go to a busy 1st game and it may be best to eg go to a friendly game (lower crowd not as busy) thats where the club can reach out. I dont have any other details but I'd imagine for example Rangers may send a small gift to kids on the scheme at Christmas time or a card on their birthday. This keeps things engaged for the future. I'm sure other ideas will be in the pipeline.  Just now without a scheme the club don't have a record of our future fans.

Well I bet they do the same as always which will be Fuck All!!

6 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

You dont need a scheme, success will bring the future fans in the door, not blowing cup finals and leagues 

48 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Lot of shite.

This club will continue to get the majority of its fans the way it always has and that's by parents who already support the club bringing their children up as supporters.

We will gain no new fans based on this scheme

Like it or not, it's the world we live in.

Membership schemes, loyalty cards, discounts for being a valued customer.

The best example is a Tesco clubcard. If I'm going to do some shopping and have Asda on my mind, but a day earlier Tesco post through £15 of vouchers based on my loyalty to them, im certainly going to use them on food or petrol. 

This scheme will do similar in terms of engaging fans. There are always going to be old school fans who disagree cos "thats not the way it was for me" but today's world is different. We need money and we also need to ensure we have young bears coming to games. I do disagree with the RTV points - that needs changed v attending games.

7 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Like it or not, it's the world we live in.

Membership schemes, loyalty cards, discounts for being a valued customer.

The best example is a Tesco clubcard. If I'm going to do some shopping and have Asda on my mind, but a day earlier Tesco post through £15 of vouchers based on my loyalty to them, im certainly going to use them on food or petrol. 

This scheme will do similar in terms of engaging fans. There are always going to be old school fans who disagree cos "thats not the way it was for me" but today's world is different. We need money and we also need to ensure we have young bears coming to games. I do disagree with the RTV points - that needs changed v attending games.

How much does your Tesco club card cost you?

There is reward for loyalty and there is (mis)using loyalty to generate revenue, they're two completely different things.

Years ago, and I'm probably talking 25 years ago they had this sort of thing where you got your name on the seat etc, and I seem to remember there being other things which would reward loyalty. Turned out to simply being a money making exercise for the club and very little delivered for the cost. 

Basically forcing people to pay a premium to support the club is the type of thing marketing people like Bisgrove love - they know many fans will sacrifice to go to games and they absolutely love that because they know they can rip the piss and treat fans as mugs - and it will get them their promotion or bonus on the back of the increased income.

Folk thinking he's going to be good for the club might be right if it's income generation, but he certainly won't be good for the fans who have been following the club for years, because it's more likely than not them paying the price.

16 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

How much does your Tesco club card cost you?

There is reward for loyalty and there is (mis)using loyalty to generate revenue, they're two completely different things.

Years ago, and I'm probably talking 25 years ago they had this sort of thing where you got your name on the seat etc, and I seem to remember there being other things which would reward loyalty. Turned out to simply being a money making exercise for the club and very little delivered for the cost. 

Basically forcing people to pay a premium to support the club is the type of thing marketing people like Bisgrove love - they know many fans will sacrifice to go to games and they absolutely love that because they know they can rip the piss and treat fans as mugs - and it will get them their promotion or bonus on the back of the increased income.

Folk thinking he's going to be good for the club might be right if it's income generation, but he certainly won't be good for the fans who have been following the club for years, because it's more likely than not them paying the price.

Where do you suggest we get extra income from?

I'm sure they've looked at membership scheme margins in terms of what benefits they can afford to give out v the fee they charge.  It's always going to be sided with the club. I do understand the frustration but i also see why Rangers are doing this. 

When did we last make a profit? We have been abysmal at looking after our finances considering the fan base we have.  We haven't tapped into marketing or loyalty schemes. Now we have someone in place who will help up turn in a profit. Just now we have a 10 million pound hole needing filled despite our European efforts.....so where else do we get the money from? We have the largest fan base in Scotland and likely the UK. So we need to use it. 

1 minute ago, MorelosRangers said:

Where do you suggest we get extra income from?

I'm sure they've looked at membership scheme margins in terms of what benefits they can afford to give out v the fee they charge.  It's always going to be sided with the club. I do understand the frustration but i also see why Rangers are doing this. 

When did we last make a profit? We have been abysmal at looking after our finances considering the fan base we have.  We haven't tapped into marketing or loyalty schemes. Now we have someone in place who will help up turn in a profit. Just now we have a 10 million pound hole needing filled despite our European efforts.....so where else do we get the money from? We have the largest fan base in Scotland and likely the UK. So we need to use it. 

My arse.

Archived