Hurricane

Castore Kit Launch

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I have no idea about the numbers, but I think we have pockets of fans all over the globe (South Antarctic loyal anyone....). 

I agree with your point though.....I think the loyalty and dedication of our fans to literally travel anywhere and everywhere on the planet sometimes gets confused with having a massive worldwide fanbase. 

Yes mate. Absolutely spot on. Quite a few pockets of fans dotted about. 

Travelling fans are always a decent amount, but actual number of fans living overseas is nowhere near some of the predictions that some make. 

Just hope that Castore realise that, for their own sake. 

Let's leave the suvill calculator to the tarriers. 

LegendofCoop likes this

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Haha I used to work for an office fit out company, so a lot of the costs will be similar.

If they’re spending £250k it’ll be really well done. But when they say that figure, the cynic in me wonders if they have to absorb the cost of of a lot of the renovations that’ll be required when a shop that size isn’t used for 4-5 years.

They’ll amortise the cost over the length of their retail deal with their suppliers, so it’s more like £4K pcm on a 5 year deal! 

All good stuff mate.  :thumbup:

4 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Excited by the link up with Castore. 

But the one thing I wish would stop being talked about would be the "Rangers have so many  fans all over the world" and stuff like "we can really see that getting the product to Rangers fans in all four corners of the world will be massive" etc etc

Our "global" fanbase actually generally equates to some ex-pats in North America and Australasia. They are not massive in numbers. 

We went to Florida a few years ago. The stadiums were empty and there were more fans who travelled from the UK than there were from the U. S.  I know, because I was there. 

Let's cut this pretence that we have somehow got a massive global support. Because it simply isn't true.  And that's fine. 

Concentrate on the strong domestic market and also enable fans overseas to order stuff online. That'll that's needed - not dreaming of fantasy numbers of fans all over the continents in the hope that millions can be made. 

What do you class as massive?  I have watched games in supporters clubs in countries all over the world. We have large fans bases in the likes of Spain and Germany. Why would someone get so worked up by a claim that we have a worldwide support,very strange.

9 minutes ago, Dickie said:

What do you class as massive?  I have watched games in supporters clubs in countries all over the world. We have large fans bases in the likes of Spain and Germany. Why would someone get so worked up by a claim that we have a worldwide support,very strange.

EPL clubs and top Italian and Spanish clubs can pretty much fill any stadium in the world. We see that every summer pre-season. 

We are nowhere near that. Ok - they are tourists fans from places like Asia etc  and pretty plastic. 

But reading and listening to some, you'd think we have millions of fans out there. 

I liked listening to the Castore lad but he was going on quite a bit about the overseas market. It is a small market for us. We simply don't have the reach of the EPL clubs etc. 

Small pockets of ex pats here and there isn't going to make much difference in retail/merch revenue. 

Hutton2008 likes this

17 hours ago, mjg224 said:

apologies I'm was not aware of sammy the seal, I must be the only one who's not heard of him, what a stupid fucker 😂

never maybe a lot of things but never one of those fuckers

I'll take your word for it, we do try to get infiltrated by them all the time, so shoogly peg time for you 😁

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Not sure if this has been posted in amongst the 47 pages....

but  if this is going to be the away kit it’s a belter.

A5E913FC-3C48-42C9-877B-B7A631EC1E09.png

That's a cracker! Shades of the 1999/00 away top 

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

That would be a huge seller

Just noticed ‘mock up fc’ noted in the top left hand corner of the image which probably means it’s a lot of pish

It was very nice too .....

delparlane likes this

27 minutes ago, beararse said:

Just noticed ‘mock up fc’ noted in the top left hand corner of the image which probably means it’s a lot of pish

It was very nice too .....

Aye mate. Thought it was a nice design even if not genuine 

5 hours ago, beararse said:

Not sure if this has been posted in amongst the 47 pages....

but  if this is going to be the away kit it’s a belter.

A5E913FC-3C48-42C9-877B-B7A631EC1E09.png

That is absolutely stunning.

just in case people were thinking they might be real, the picture has @fcmockup in the corner which is a twitter page which comes up with their own designs of strips. So they're definitely fake. And probably wouldn't all have the same collar. 

I enjoyed the interview on Heart and Hand, He got torn into Nike and Adidas quite a bit which will make the tarriers who were listening raging since Adidas is the pyoor greatest hing evur!!!

I was really encouraged by stressing they are focusing on quality materials being used, something we haven't has for nearly 20 years.