The Captain

17 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

For a right back hes not really good at actually defending . Push him forward abit and give young Patterson a chance at rb 

Should move him up front cos his shooting is like a 87 lol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

For a right back hes not really good at actually defending . Push him forward abit and give young Patterson a chance at rb 

There’s thousands dying due to a global pandemic and you think it’s right to be saying things like this.

On 03/05/2020 at 12:44, peter huistra said:

We have the best defensive record in the league along with celtic.  We had the best defensive record in our Europa group.  Against celtic at Hampden they had to sub their £16m winger from Southampton at halftime because he couldn’t get past Tavernier or track his runs up the pitch.  A few weeks later Tavernier was rock solid again as we beat celtic at Parkhead.

He actually can defend.

Tav can’t defend is a myth, it’s just when he fucks it it’s usually a serious one, not ones that Goldson, Katic and Barisic usually get away with. 

Don’t give a fuck anyway his captain performance against Hamilton and programme notes should be the end of him here. I was easily one of his biggest backers on this forum but he can go now for me, I’m really not bothered by that now

1 hour ago, peter huistra said:

Push him forward to replace who?

1 hour ago, peter huistra said:

Yeah not fan of moving players around either but we don't really have anyone down the right and Tav would be the obvious choice unless Gerrard starts playing Kennedy there 

I don't see Gerrard changing formation, our width will come from our full backs. So it would be tav or a better version of tav I think. If we can find that or not Is a different story 

2 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

I'm not a massive fan of tav but I don't think you can slag his goalscoring. For a right back he has a very good record 

I am a fan of a Tav most of the time but even I think his goalscoring is being very largely skewed by his Championship season and the first season back in the Premiership. In those two seasons he was scoring goals from open play all the time, and scoring freekicks. In the last two seasons, especially this season, he hasn't scored shit all from open play. Every goal he gets is a penalty and he's not even scoring freekicks anymore. 

Under Warburton, Tav was breaking runs into the box, playing one-twos and scoring plenty, now he snatches and skies every shot he takes. Yes, the penalties count for something (also started missing those though) but they are a bit of a red herring over his scoring abilities of late. 

19 hours ago, dmgers2 said:

our real captain plays in nets

The guy who walked away in 2012 after the club spent a decade developing him?  He’ll never be our captain.

On 03/05/2020 at 12:50, ps95v7 said:

“We are not good enough” 

‘We are not good enough domestically at the moment.  You seen against Braga we were focused and solid as a team that wasn’t there on Saturday.  The performance against Hearts at Tynecastle was a flip of how we went out and performed in Portugal’

At that point in time his comments were on point. 

Archived