The Captain

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/05/2020 at 11:48, Blacky Bear said:

Just seen Tav on Soccer AM's "You know the Drill" from Murty's time.

The worst ever, couldna score in a barrel of Vaginas, somethings never change.

Tav that's outscored most of our attack-minded players (and those across the league)? Cool

Even though I'm no fan of Tav, the problem is we are set up to play a certain way.

A more defensive-minded person in there in his place and the shape of our team will be all over the place with players looking lost.

This is the way Gerrard sets us up to play and he isn't going to change - or it will be 2-years undone and back to square one. 

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly IMO) Tav is central to everything in our team. 

Sure you could get another attack-minded right back to replace him, but decent ones won't be cheap. We couldn't afford it unless we unearth a gem. 

It's not great but is what it is.

21 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Even though I'm no fan of Tav, the problem is we are set up to play a certain way.

A more defensive-minded person in there in his place and the shape of our team will be all over the place with players looking lost.

This is the way Gerrard sets us up to play and he isn't going to change - or it will be 2-years undone and back to square one. 

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly IMO) Tav is central to everything in our team. 

Sure you could get another attack-minded right back to replace him, but decent ones won't be cheap. We couldn't afford it unless we unearth a gem. 

It's not great but is what it is.

We unearthed a gem with Tavernier.  I think Warburton paid £250k for him and we could sell the guy for £8m+ now.  No, it’s not easy to buy a quality RB.  last summer celtic brought in 3x RBs spending millions in transfer fees and wages and none of them are as good at Tavernier.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

We unearthed a gem with Tavernier.  I think Warburton paid £250k for him and we could sell the guy for £8m+ now.  No, it’s not easy to buy a quality RB.  last summer celtic brought in 3x RBs spending millions in transfer fees and wages and none of them are as good at Tavernier.

He was a bargain at 250k even his staunchest critic will admit that, I'd love to cash in on him.

Unearthing a good replacement is easier said than done tho

Can't help but love our Tav. He's not a captain and we all know it. He doesn't have the mentality to be the leader, I'm sure we could all agree, but he is a cracking player. 

3 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Can't help but love our Tav. He's not a captain and we all know it. He doesn't have the mentality to be the leader, I'm sure we could all agree, but he is a cracking player. 

He’s an amazing player and a happy-go-lucky type.  Great guy 👍🏻 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Different colour pal 

You’ve gone quiet. I can only assume after embarrassing yourself with the skin colour remark you’ve gone to your bed. 

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

You’ve gone quiet. I can only assume after embarrassing yourself with the skin colour remark you’ve gone to your bed. 

Nope, just incase you got mixed up. Tav is better than your wee pal 

Just letting you know how they differed so you didn't get mixed up. 

The full back is better than the winger 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Nope, just incase you got mixed up. Tav is better than your wee pal 

Just letting you know how they differed so you didn't get mixed up. 

The full back is better than the winger 

I don’t have a “wee pal” in the Rangers team and neither do you.  Do us all a favour and stop talking shite.

Archived