Favourite Rangers player

dougie76

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

My favourite as a kid was Cooper but the big man just edges it, the way he used to destroy celtic time after time probably helps with that :lol:

Much to my wife’s annoyance I have a portrait of him in our dining room. My favourite player too and I’m old enough to remember Baxter etc

2 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

Much to my wife’s annoyance I have a portrait of him in our dining room. My favourite player too and I’m old enough to remember Baxter etc

The only player that made me cry when they left, love the big man.

McCoist.

All the other shite aside he was my hero growing up, had every home top with his name and number on the back since I was about 4.

We have had so many class players though, shame for fans who didn't see some of them up play for us.

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

McCoist.

All the other shite aside he was my hero growing up, had every home top with his name and number on the back since I was about 4.

We have had so many class players though, shame for fans who didn't see some of them up play for us.

The partnership between him and Hateley will never be repeated, shows how spoiled we were that Ally doesn't get in my top three, l probably let the other shit cloud my judgement about him now, which is sad.

13 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Albertz

Barry Ferguson

Could chuck in Alfredo if he stays with us longer.

If he stays he could well go on to be a legend, just can't see him putting up with the shit he gets in Scotland for much longer.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

McCoist.

Agree,  Goals like 10 men Scottish cup semi when Davie Robertson was sent off after 5 min,  just on the stroke of half time up stepped Ally to put us in the lead and  that goal ended up putting us in the final to beat Airdrie and end our Scottish cup hoodoo against the  tarriers in one of the worst night possible at hampden.   Well at least we were covered 🤣👍, the good old days when those cunts got a wash  , then the 92-93 season the full squad were amazing then Ally broke his leg  for Scotland  and missed the start of the following season to come on as a sub at the piggery  in the league cup final v HIV and scores with an overhead kick👏🏻I was behind that goal going mental asking my mate who scored for him to say Super Ally,  (Who else was it gonna be )   idiolized the guy just like yourself as was  here  long before all the big names arrived in 86 , but as you say later years left a bad taste in the mouth. 

In fact, the first shirt I ever had was the checked one with McCoist printed on it.

Best tim slayer of modern times. Not just a poacher either. Scored some of the best goals I've seen from a Rangers player. Underrated all round game. Did it all with the kind of attitude fans can enjoy as well. 

Just now, Inigo said:

In fact, the first shirt I ever had was the checked one with McCoist printed on it.

Best tim slayer of modern times. Not just a poacher either. Scored some of the best goals I've seen from a Rangers player. Underrated all round game. Did it all with the kind of attitude fans can enjoy as well. 

This one was a thing of beauty 

Archived