SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, pcbear said:

Go where and how was my thoughts,  you never mentioned that in your time consuming reply trying to be smart.

If this pandemic continues as is and clubs down south in the lower leagues start to struggle, as has been mention by many "experts", it could benefit the english lower leagues to accept us.

55 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I have no quarrel with any revamped structure if it freshens up Scottish football even if it was only 1 league of those who can play behind closed doors. The cost of testing and wages will mean many cannot play.

Doncaster and the mafia will be arm twisting this morning to push whatever Hearts propose through as they cannot stand before a judge and be forced to explain their actions.

The SPFL and the clubs who voted for the resolution already screwed Hearts and those others relegated.  I honestly cannot see them now voting for something to benefit the aforementioned clubs.

Hearts should just walk away and initiate legal proceedings against them.  

I don’t think we would survive down there. 

We’d start at the lowest level, play utter dross teams you’d never heard of, have a poor calibre of player. Then there is No TV, no European football, virtually no decent revenue.

Do not see the appeal whatsoever.

48 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We should be opposed to any restructure and any attempts to reschedule old firm games to later in the season, infact we should oppose anything put forward by the fenian bastards from here on in 

Sporting integrity of the league is called into question if any changes Like these are introduced.  Like you, I wouldn’t agree to anything they put forward. Let them suck it up.

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The whole love of us in English football would die off very fast. 

You should read any English forum before playing friendlies. Puts the whole “love in” to bed.

9 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Sporting integrity of the league is called into question if any changes Like these are introduced.  Like you, I wouldn’t agree to anything they put forward. Let them suck it up.

Just a coincidence that the first old firm would be at their midden and they would lose home advantage 

15 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

The SPFL and the clubs who voted for the resolution already screwed Hearts and those others relegated.  I honestly cannot see them now voting for something to benefit the aforementioned clubs.

Hearts should just walk away and initiate legal proceedings against them.  

Probably on legal advice. Exhaust all other options first.

Like it or not, we're stuck in this league. They don't need more clubs south of the border.  Doesn't matter if some clubs up here fold, there will be enough that survive to form a league. Football like everything else, will have to improvise adapt and overcome.

43 minutes ago, Tamb said:

Like it or not, we're stuck in this league. They don't need more clubs south of the border.  Doesn't matter if some clubs up here fold, there will be enough that survive to form a league. Football like everything else, will have to improvise adapt and overcome.

👀

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

I don’t think we would survive down there. 

We’d start at the lowest level, play utter dross teams you’d never heard of, have a poor calibre of player. Then there is No TV, no European football, virtually no decent revenue.

Do not see the appeal whatsoever.

TV company's would pay for our games in the lower leagues down there.

Anything has to be better than playing in this corrupt country

It's like an echo chamber in here.

We are doing nothing. We will go with the flow. We've had our 15 minutes.

If clubs go to the wall, so be it. No one really gives a fuck. Hearts hard done by, yes, but their problem, let them get on with it. In fact one could proclaim karma.

When football returns in whatever form, it will be to the suitability of Liewell.

We just have to find a way of how to overcome and win on the park, as difficult as that will be.

Regarding the Scottish Cup, has anyone mentioned or even thought of the fact that Hearts will be in the Championship and more than likely will not be playing till 2021. Therefore how can a team play in a cup-tie without preparation against a Premier league team {and city rivals}.   I would imagine Ann Budge would fall over backwards to help SFA/Slinky Pete to get the cup going again this year- aye right. 

However, I'm pretty sure that Hearts will still be in the Premier league as of this/next week as that is part of that slimy bastard Pete's plan.

2 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

Regarding the Scottish Cup, has anyone mentioned or even thought of the fact that Hearts will be in the Championship and more than likely will not be playing till 2021. Therefore how can a team play in a cup-tie without preparation against a Premier league team {and city rivals}.   I would imagine Ann Budge would fall over backwards to help SFA/Slinky Pete to get the cup going again this year- aye right. 

However, I'm pretty sure that Hearts will still be in the Premier league as of this/next week as that is part of that slimy bastard Pete's plan.

Yea, I brought that up a couple of weeks ago, it will be virtually impossible for hearts to play a scottish cup tie when you consider how many players they will need to release, they will also be in the second teir with there budget obliterated, also hibs have released some players today which will weaken them considerably, question is will it stop lawell persuing another trophy? Not a chance imo. Sporting integrity anyone? 

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We should be opposed to any restructure and any attempts to reschedule old firm games to later in the season, infact we should oppose anything put forward by the fenian bastards from here on in 

We should oppose all that, totally agreed.

But any money we don't. It won't be long before the noises from our club are about "the best thing for Scottish football" again. 

Then it will be like all this never happened.

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's like an echo chamber in here.

We are doing nothing. We will go with the flow. We've had our 15 minutes.

If clubs go to the wall, so be it. No one really gives a fuck. Hearts hard done by, yes, but their problem, let them get on with it. In fact one could proclaim karma.

When football returns in whatever form, it will be to the suitability of Liewell.

We just have to find a way of how to overcome and win on the park, as difficult as that will be.

I largely disagree with that post.

I hope that our board have not given up the fight and are merely waiting to see the outcome of Budge's proposal - if rejected Budge will go to court. Timing is all as any general will tell you..

As for liewell I doubt that he can survive a court case as his hands are all over this fiasco.

We will never be allowed to win anything on the park while the mafia are running Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Yea, I brought that up a couple of weeks ago, it will be virtually impossible for hearts to play a scottish cup tie when you consider how many players they will need to release, they will also be in the second teir with there budget obliterated, also hibs have released some players today which will weaken them considerably, question is will it stop lawell persuing another trophy? Not a chance imo. Sporting integrity anyone? 

The whole issue could only happen with mafia in charge. The league is over but we can continue with the cup ? I also believe that rules state you can only play registered players. Mind you liewell makes rules up as he goes along so who knows. Making the SF gives a share of match receipts over both games but there will be no cash to hand out with no spectators.

Archived