SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Well put as usual Bobby . I don't get why our club don't have a single word to say in all this mate . Just baffles me .

It's hard not to see them getting every advantage next season . As for the other smaller clubs . Well it's hard to feel sorry for them now . They had their chances to change things .

It makes you wonder why hate us so much, before thinking about the benefits of actually getting rid of this cabal.

:tu:

Same here EeJay mate ..... and I feel as disappointed as you do ..... I don't want to believe but have to now reluctantly concede ....  what started off as a genuinely strong argument and the chance of an accurate shot right at the heart of this corrupt cabal .... has now all fizzled out .... but the resounding silence is proving it to be the case now ..... fucking baffling indeed to the point of disbelief ...... strange way to show everyone that .... "We Will Not Be Found Wanting".

As far as the others hating us so much goes ..... fuck them all I don't care about them .....  they can never hate our Club as much as we hate them since 2008 onwards with 2012 consolidating that felling .... we owe them less than nothing now after this latest debacle.

🇬🇧

37 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Seen this on Twitter mate 

I hope this stands up legally and sets an EU precedent that the Belgium FA was premature in ending the season and should have tried to end the season on the pitch.

This would allow sporting integrity to take its natural course even though  Brugges were 15 points ahead with only 1 game to play.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I hope this stands up legally and sets an EU precedent that the Belgium FA was premature in ending the season and should have tried to end the season on the pitch.

This would allow sporting integrity to take its natural course even though  Brugges were 15 points ahead with only 1 game to play.

The asterisk is getting bigger.

12 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Different set up in Belgium mate. They have championship playoffs where the top 6 teams have their points halved and then they play each other twice. It's mental and means brugges were far from guaranteed the title. 

If it stands up legally maybe an option to pursue it in our league.

19 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Said weeks ago, 2 things were a certainty Tim’s awarded the league and hearts escape relegation

what a fkd up country

And Rangers will still get shat on from the lot of them ,over coming months 🤔

20 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Different set up in Belgium mate. They have championship playoffs where the top 6 teams have their points halved and then they play each other twice. It's mental and means brugges were far from guaranteed the title. 

If it stands up legally maybe an option to pursue it in our league.

https://m.rtl.be/sport/1223028

Waasland-Beveren relegation illegal according to the Competition Authority

The Competition Authority's Audit Office has given its opinion on the relegation of the Waasland-Beveren football club to Division 1B (Proximus League). Relegation is a violation of competition law and is therefore illegal, considers what constitutes the "Prosecutor's Office" of this Authority, announced Waasland-Beveren on its site.

The dismissal of the Waesland club in the anteroom of the elite follows the final cessation of the Belgian competition decided by the Pro League on May 15 due to the coronavirus pandemic while only 29 of the 30 days of regular season could have been played. The Competition College, the "court" of the Competition Authority, must meet on June 17 to decide whether or not to maintain Waasland-Beveren in the Jupiler Pro League (D1A). He may or may not follow the advice of the Auditorate.

The Court of Auditors, in a very clear-cut manner, considers that the decision to relegate Waasland-Beveren to D1B is "a decision resulting in the exclusion of a competitor and, therefore, of a decision restricting competition". The Auditorate further specifies that it "has elements supporting the assertion that the decision to relegate Waasland-Beveren to division 1B instead of organizing one or more seasons with a division 1A to 17 or 18 clubs would not be aimed to achieve a legitimate objective, but on the contrary would aim to protect the financial and economic interests of certain clubs. "

Actions for annulment before the Brussels Court of First Instance

In view of this opinion, Waasland-Beveren, defended by Masters Jean-Louis Dupont, Martin Hissel and Florent Stockart Pedopope, is particularly confident and has no doubt that the decision of the College of Competition will go in the direction of the observations of the Auditor. In addition, the Waesland club has announced that it will file next week an action for annulment before the Court of First Instance of Brussels, as provided for in the Judicial Code, against the sentence of the Belgian Court of Arbitration for Sport (CBAS ) who granted his professional license to the Royal Excel Mouscron on May 8th.

The arbitration award of the CBAS reformed the decision of the Licensing Commission of the Belgian football federation which had not granted its professional license to the club of Picardy Wallonia. According to Waasland-Beveren, in the present case, the URBSFA Licensing Commission had perfectly carried out its mission of protecting the sports integrity of Belgian football since it had refused RE Mouscron its license on the grounds that this club was in reality in the hands of players' agents for many years.

The URBSFA license regulations prohibit that the license be granted to a club in which a player agent exercises, in one way or another, "significant influence". The CBAS considered that the federation had not provided sufficient evidence of the involvement of agents (notably Pini Zahavi) in the club du Canonnier. According to Waasland-Beveren, the CBAS did not correctly apply certain public policy rules in the present case, in particular those falling under competition law. For this reason, Waasland-Beveren has mandated its lawyers to file an action for annulment.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I can see the Colts getting 20K+ at Ibrox as they climb the tables.

When Colts teams were suggested before was it not on the understanding that they would not be promoted ?

If  they could get 20K a game you can be sure they would use Ibrox

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

When Colts teams were suggested before was it not on the understanding that they would not be promoted ?

Cant be promoted beyond Championship. We want them to have the toughest games possible to develop them faster. But they wouldnt be allowed into the top league even if we won the championship.

Not sure 20k will be going anywhere anytime soon. We wont get that figure in the lowest leagues, I'd imagine to protect the Ibrox pitch we'd look to hire and use another teams stadium. It could be a good money earner for the likes of a Thistle to allow us to co use.

12 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

I just assumed they could go up and down the three lower divisions.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

https://m.rtl.be/sport/1223028

Waasland-Beveren relegation illegal according to the Competition Authority

The Competition Authority's Audit Office has given its opinion on the relegation of the Waasland-Beveren football club to Division 1B (Proximus League). Relegation is a violation of competition law and is therefore illegal, considers what constitutes the "Prosecutor's Office" of this Authority, announced Waasland-Beveren on its site.

The dismissal of the Waesland club in the anteroom of the elite follows the final cessation of the Belgian competition decided by the Pro League on May 15 due to the coronavirus pandemic while only 29 of the 30 days of regular season could have been played. The Competition College, the "court" of the Competition Authority, must meet on June 17 to decide whether or not to maintain Waasland-Beveren in the Jupiler Pro League (D1A). He may or may not follow the advice of the Auditorate.

The Court of Auditors, in a very clear-cut manner, considers that the decision to relegate Waasland-Beveren to D1B is "a decision resulting in the exclusion of a competitor and, therefore, of a decision restricting competition". The Auditorate further specifies that it "has elements supporting the assertion that the decision to relegate Waasland-Beveren to division 1B instead of organizing one or more seasons with a division 1A to 17 or 18 clubs would not be aimed to achieve a legitimate objective, but on the contrary would aim to protect the financial and economic interests of certain clubs. "

Actions for annulment before the Brussels Court of First Instance

In view of this opinion, Waasland-Beveren, defended by Masters Jean-Louis Dupont, Martin Hissel and Florent Stockart Pedopope, is particularly confident and has no doubt that the decision of the College of Competition will go in the direction of the observations of the Auditor. In addition, the Waesland club has announced that it will file next week an action for annulment before the Court of First Instance of Brussels, as provided for in the Judicial Code, against the sentence of the Belgian Court of Arbitration for Sport (CBAS ) who granted his professional license to the Royal Excel Mouscron on May 8th.

The arbitration award of the CBAS reformed the decision of the Licensing Commission of the Belgian football federation which had not granted its professional license to the club of Picardy Wallonia. According to Waasland-Beveren, in the present case, the URBSFA Licensing Commission had perfectly carried out its mission of protecting the sports integrity of Belgian football since it had refused RE Mouscron its license on the grounds that this club was in reality in the hands of players' agents for many years.

The URBSFA license regulations prohibit that the license be granted to a club in which a player agent exercises, in one way or another, "significant influence". The CBAS considered that the federation had not provided sufficient evidence of the involvement of agents (notably Pini Zahavi) in the club du Canonnier. According to Waasland-Beveren, the CBAS did not correctly apply certain public policy rules in the present case, in particular those falling under competition law. For this reason, Waasland-Beveren has mandated its lawyers to file an action for annulment.

F5C9203D-472D-4397-B5FB-7F87CD3734A2.thumb.jpeg.7902695f7081e15fe739d27163af565a.jpeg

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

the colts team in the league would be good .No doubts 

Normally, a resounding yes.

At the moment, just more noise getting in the way of stopping them.

If we stop their run next season, I’ll be right behind it.

If we don’t, then this, along with everything else football related, will matter not one fuck.

29 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

The long game is going to be very interesting. Hearts, I am sure are watching Belgium and France very carefully.

Court may yet happen.

Is it not a case that in France they had within their rules that they could end the season early ,Even in France there are court cases .

So many times the question was asked why was the need to call the season so early ,But no answer was ever given 

The null and void option was never on the table apparently,Reason being it would cost so much but as we are finding out there Is very little difference financially from what we have just now with TV contracts needing refunds (funny how subscribers haven’t been refunded by SKY or BT) 

One main advantage of null and void there wouldn’t be this potential legal battle from Hearts which could cost the game (clubs ) a fortune

I do now see that putting the season on hold was always going to be an issue as clubs would not be able to sell season tickets until much later on in the year and many clubs would struggle to stay afloat with no new money coming in at the usual time of the year which makes null and void even more sensible 

but then again the tarriers wouldn’t have their tainted title  

59 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Is it not a case that in France they had within their rules that they could end the season early ,Even in France there are court cases .

So many times the question was asked why was the need to call the season so early ,But no answer was ever given 

The null and void option was never on the table apparently,Reason being it would cost so much but as we are finding out there Is very little difference financially from what we have just now with TV contracts needing refunds (funny how subscribers haven’t been refunded by SKY or BT) 

One main advantage of null and void there wouldn’t be this potential legal battle from Hearts which could cost the game (clubs ) a fortune

I do now see that putting the season on hold was always going to be an issue as clubs would not be able to sell season tickets until much later on in the year and many clubs would struggle to stay afloat with no new money coming in at the usual time of the year which makes null and void even more sensible 

but then again the tarriers wouldn’t have their tainted title  

The main lie about N&V was about the financial implications. No explanation or detail was offered, the shite was swallowed whole and the lie became accepted as truth.

There is no difference in not playing because of N&V or not playing because of calling the season prematurely. I have yet to see a single Scottish journalist challenge this simple lie even as it continued to be repeated.

The other garbage was that N&V didn’t acknowledge the efforts put in during the season. Another lie. Award the league prize money based on league positions at time of abandonment so that, the higher up the league you are, the more you make. You cannot get fairer than that.

The board’s role was to advise the clubs of the options and the consequences of each. Instead they ruled out everything but their own preferred option and then presented it as “take it or leave it”

Blatant corruption, pure and simple.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

The main lie about N&V was about the financial implications. No explanation or detail was offered, the shite was swallowed whole and the lie became accepted as truth.

There is no difference in not playing because of N&V or not playing because of calling the season prematurely. I have yet to see a single Scottish journalist challenge this simple lie even as it continued to be repeated.

The other garbage was that N&V didn’t acknowledge the efforts put in during the season. Another lie. Award the league prize money based on league positions at time of abandonment so that, the higher up the league you are, the more you make. You cannot get fairer than that.

The board’s role was to advise the clubs of the options and the consequences of each. Instead they ruled out everything but their own preferred option and then presented it as “take it or leave it”

Blatant corruption, pure and simple.

Point I've tried to make and Rangers did make. If season is called or N&V sky are owed money. 

So. What's the fucking differemce 

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

At least their Government have the excuse , they acted on Government orders . This Country has no excuses . Just plain old corruption

The French also have it written into there rules that in any scenario they can't complete the season then the current standing are final, no such rule applies here but they charged on anyway. 

7 hours ago, HG5 said:

Normally, a resounding yes.

At the moment, just more noise getting in the way of stopping them.

If we stop their run next season, I’ll be right behind it.

If we don’t, then this, along with everything else football related, will matter not one fuck.

Agreed mate .Thought about it  over night .Seems the letter I sent to the TO yesterday has even more merit now ..They really are pushing ahead with this “ let’s all kiss and make up shite .Make you weep

Our enemies will have a field day next season .And probably beyond now 

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I see the scum have signed a deal for bt sports to stream virtual season ticket matches.

That'll be the end of owning them money I'd think

Man this game is corrupt

I thought Sky were already doing this ?

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I thought Sky were already doing this ?

No it's upto each club to sort it hopefully we've got Amazon prime or something lined up.

I don't see RTV coping with demand tbh

It's the production around  the stream I think sky are providing the actual stream tho

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Agreed mate .Thought about it  over night .Seems the letter I sent to the TO yesterday has even more merit now ..They really are pushing ahead with this “ let’s all kiss and make up shite .Make you weep

Our enemies will have a field day next season .And probably beyond now 

Yes. Exactly, mate.

Lots of squirrels flying around at the moment - makes me wonder if the people who matter are concentrating on the main event...

10 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

The long game is going to be very interesting. Hearts, I am sure are watching Belgium and France very carefully.

Court may yet happen.

Unfortunately the Scottish courts don't have French or Belgian judges sitting. 

Archived