SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Does it feel like weā€™ve been rolling over up till now?

if they are handed the title any action we take will be retrospectiveĀ 

There should still be an objection from us to awarding them the title and relegating hearts.

Without objection is not what I expected

The sheer hypocrisy of of Liewell calling the Rangers dossier embarrassing is breathtaking yet as far as I am aware not one member of the Scottish press called him out for it. Are they afraid to go into print ? Possibly as that would unleash their lawyers.

The perception that Liewell is a genius and brilliant at everything he does is a myth that could be exposed by examination of his methods. Intimidation and vote rigging are merely the tip of the iceberg.

The ultimate goal (endgame) for our board ought to be that of shining the light on him once the SPFL have been cleaned up. A difficult task to say the least but if Scottish football is to retain any credibility and recover then it must be done. The surgery will be drastic but if not undertaken then the patient faces a slow and painful death.

We cannot simply run away (says he who emigrated 25 years ago) and join another league (country). Stand our ground and fight is the only way which is why I believe that our board have no choice but to take this further.

Rant over.

13 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Iā€™ll be fucking livid if we just roll over and hand them a title.

If the shoeĀ was Ā on the other foot they would give us fuck all, Ā citing ā€œyou haven'tĀ won itā€

It's done.

This weekend was the last of the season, they'll be getting it by the weekend.

To use an old analogy, Doncaster & McLellan are two wee boys desperately trying to plug the ever increasing numbers of holes in the dyke, but as they will soon find out, the damage done is already too great. No one can now deny that the SPFL is not fit for purpose and its demise is inevitable sooner (hopefully) or later.

Although it is obviously far too simple, any new League body should be simple one club, one vote system with a simple majority required to pass any votes, none of this 75% required to pass nonsense. Full transparency should be the keyword, with all business of the League open to scrutiny, with the obvious safeguards in place to protect a persons or a business' privacy or justifiably confidential information.

Needless to say any new League should be completely clean of any tint of the old, and the Clubs will have to ensure that the people they employ to run the thing are up to the task, something that has become abundantly clear as not to be the case with the current set up.

16 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Iā€™ll be fucking livid if we just roll over and hand them a title.

If the shoeĀ was Ā on the other foot they would give us fuck all, Ā citing ā€œyou haven'tĀ won itā€

It needs to be recorded that it wasnā€™t won, not a legitimate title thatā€™s the least we should be fighting for, some will call it sour grapes but itā€™s the truth.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Seems to have went all quietĀ at the clubĀ 

And I'm not happy with us conceding the title , if that is the case .No matter how it's dressed up .

We had absolutely better not be letting this goĀ 

Just speculating here mate but if Rangers are to pursue The SPFL through the Courts/Cas then as gut wrenching as it is it may well be in our interests not to stand in the way of the scums * title, To do so would be a distraction from our genuine reason of going after The SPFL for poor governance and would no doubt be spun as our real reason for our grievance, Hopefully Rangers just clearing the decks before an all out assault on SPFL šŸ¤ž

2 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Just speculating here mate but if Rangers are to pursue The SPFL through the Courts/Cas then as gut wrenching as it is it may well be in our interests not to stand in the way of the scums * title, To do so would be a distraction from our genuine reason of going after The SPFL for poor governance and would no doubt be spun as our real reason for our grievance, Hopefully Rangers just clearing the decks before an all out assault on SPFL šŸ¤ž

Can understand that.Ā Lose a battle , win the war but itā€™s still a sore one to take cause they won fuck all.

Just now, murzo said:

Can understand that.Ā Lose a battle , win the war but itā€™s still a sore one to take cause they won fuck all.

Aye definitely a sore one mate no doubt about it, I donā€™t know whether Rangers are going to pursue this or not but imo our genuine grievance will carry more weight if the issue of the scums * title has been already dealt with.

4 minutes ago, murzo said:

Everyone knows that they won nothing. As long as an official asterisk is put along side I think that is one battle best ignored.

21 No votes excluding board members

Scum, Dundee U, Raith and Cove all promoted and awarded titles not won plus Dundee who would definitely need to avoid any investigation.Ā 

Leaves 16 No votes from clubs with no benefit or board membership.

So vote without board members (35 votes)

Y - 12 (34.3%)

N - 21 (60%)

Abs - 2 (5.7%)

Vote without board and beneficiaries (30 votes)

Y - 12 (40%)

N - 16 (53.3%)

Abs - 2 (6.7%)

So 46.7% of non board members and clubs who unfairly gained from the original resolution don't agree with the board that there should be no independent investigation

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Parliamentary debate is broadcast live. Why can SPFL board meetings not be broadcast in a similar manner ? After all transparency is one their keywords.

They talk about transparency mate, but fail to exercise it.

Their mantra is, our high or the highway.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Everyone knows that they won nothing. As long as an official asterisk is put along side I think that is one battle best ignored.

The crazy thing is though, they will count it as official, the SPFL will count it as official, the press will count it as official and most every other clubĀ (in particular their fans),Ā wont care because it's getting it up the Rangers.Ā  That's where we're at.

6 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Scum, Dundee U, Raith and Cove all promoted and awarded titles not won plus Dundee who would definitely need to avoid any investigation.Ā 

Y - 12 (34.3%)

N - 21 (60%)

Abs - 2 (5.7%)

Y - 12 (40%)

N - 16 (53.3%)

Abs - 2 (6.7%)

So 46.7% of non board members and clubs who unfairly gained from the original resolution don't agree with the board that there should be no independent investigation

Ā 

Ā 

It's the same reason as saying you can't count the yes votes for Hearts, Stranraer, Partick, ICT, Falkirk. Teams are winning out of it will vote No, teams losing out of it will vote yes. Swings and roundabouts. I agree though that the club board members of the SPFL should not have had a vote which includes us.

11 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Y - 12 (34.3%)

N - 21 (60%)

Abs - 2 (5.7%)

Y - 12 (40%)

N - 16 (53.3%)

Abs - 2 (6.7%)

Ā 

Ā 

To be fair, that's a wee bit daft.Ā  It's like saying to MP's that by standing as an MP, you can't vote.

20 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Parliamentary debate is broadcast live. Why can SPFL board meetings not be broadcast in a similar manner ? After all transparency is one their keywords.

Even just releasing the Deloitte report/ findings to the public would be a start.Ā 

13 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

The crazy thing is though, they will count it as official, the SPFL will count it as official, the press will count it as official and most every other clubĀ (in particular their fans),Ā wont care because it's getting it up the Rangers.Ā  That's where we're at.

It may be well down the line but if the original vote is found to be flawed (QC's for Partick, Hearts and usĀ are of the opinion that it is) then the SPFL have no remit to declare title winners. How embarrassing for them if they have to strip titles falsely awarded ?

35 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

What you are saying makes sense to me. I hope you are correct. However I do have one issue with the Board's stance on this. At this stage and with league positions, i do not have a problem with them getting the Champions League place. I do however have a problem with them being called Champions, which is what this was all about anyway. Hopefully the Board are keeping there powder dry until the next assault

For me you could say fair enough to Liverpool (25 points clear)...

ButĀ celtic are 13 points ahead with two OF games left and us with a game in hand... that becomes a potential 9 point switch. Leaving 4 points difference; it's not out of reach. We'd had to have won EVERY game :lol:... butĀ at the end of the day it's our own fault for self-imploding after Christmas. If we'd been a point or two difference or ahead by a few I guarantee this would be null and voided without question.

Which begs the question that needs answered with our league, and worldwide; what is the threshold moving forward for calling a league if it happens again? Whatever team is on top or at least 10 points, 15, 20? This needs to be agreed ahead of the season start.

It's inevitable though. Alongside winning leagues without us there they'll have this up there in the tainted nine and they won't care one dot. The treble treble invincible do 9IARĀ :sarcasm:

25 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Theres no official asterisk, officially it will be seen as any other.Ā Ā Yeah some of us will say it's asterisked, but itll be a minority of scottish supporters,Ā it's not official. Can we stop this nonsense.

40 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Good shout. That makes sense . Thanks for that mateĀ 

43 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Good post mate.

Totally logical.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Offft!

The Daily Record

ByJonathan McFarlaneĀ 08:07, 14 MAY 2020

--------------------------------------------------------

Ally McCoist 'not counting' SPFL board votes as Rangers legend pinpoints key reason in favour of league probe-The Ibrox legend was typically forthright in his view that the SPFL's management of the current crisis has been "extremely poor".

Ally McCoist has claimed the SPFL 's victory in the EGM was a hollow one as he pointed to the number of votes coming from the league's board.Ā Seven of the nine-man board are club representatives. They are: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City), Peter Davidson (Montrose) and Stewart Robertson (Rangers).Ā Robertson appears to be the only one to vote for an investigation to take place as the Ibrox club lost their bid with 13 teams voting for the resolution, 27 against and two abstaining - giving Neil Doncaster's organisation a solid victory.Ā While McCoist accepts the result, he feels that it wasn't as resounding as it first seemed.

He said on talkSPORT: "How many members of the SPFL board would have voted? Six or seven?Ā "So my point would be that those on the board would have clearly voted with the SPFL so I'm not counting their votes to tell you the truth.Ā "So forĀ Neil DoncasterĀ to say 'It's a democracy,' and we should move on...Ā "What I would suggest is, it's by far and away, hardly a vote of confidence to have more than a third of clubs looking to have another inquiry into the SPFL.Ā "I'm not sure it's over and done with. I think in the interest of Scottish football, I honestly believe there should have been an EGM for the SPFL to clear themselves.Ā "It has been extremely poor management at best."

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-not-counting-spfl-22024719

Not expecting it . Yet i wish to fuck i would hear the word Corruption coming from someone in our camp , instead of the play with wordsĀ 

Poor management at best isn't damning enough for meĀ 

Archived