SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

You have to wonder what they make of it. They've tied their name exclusively to the SPFL product and are watching it tear itself apart. They'll have to be careful or money they have paid already will disappear with nothing for it. 

Imagine Sky getting on The SPFL'S back, We signed a contract and paid out for a seemingly Reputable product, We now deem said product not to be so reputable after all therefore we want our money back and you can stick your shitey naming rights up your arse 😂😂

48 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Imagine the scenes next season, 30 games in, Covid20 forces curtailment of the season and the spfl board are empowered to take executive decisions.  Rangers are top of the league by a point and Hearts are 15 points clear in the championship....decisions, decisions.... :morepopcorn:

I think you'll find that for the sake of "sporting integrity"...that season will be played to a close...or until they can find a reason to dock the "Big Bad Rangers" points!

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

The policy statement will be very short...

A minimum of one game must be played, after that the season may be called by the board at any time.  That may be with immediate effect, or, if necessary it will continue until  such a time that cellick are ahead on ppg.  At that point, the season will be immediately curtailed and, for the greater good of the game, the rights to "10 in a row" will be sold off around the world for megabucks and you'll all get a bung, except the second placed team.

For fuck sake you forgot to give them the two shitty cups as well.

45 minutes ago, BroonBear said:

Hopefully the club ask to see the books to clarify where exactly the monies for tge defence came from.

Remember when we called for an independent inquiry, the spfl bumping their gums about how time consuming it would be and how costly it would be , and that it was all the Club’s time and money that would be wasted as the spfl acted on behalf of the Club’s. 
They are now using Club’s time and money to try and defend their total fuck up of a decision, and it’s against two of the Clubs, that they supposedly had their best interests at heart when they made the decision. No Club would be worse off as a result of the crisis or their decision.

You know something, it’s only going to get worse.

Corruption can be found in large strong organisations, but it’s more difficult because there are so many controls in place. This means it’s more likely a large organisation is controlled and audited with everything above board.

The SPFL & the SFA? Small organisations weakened by a crisis situation having to battle multiple law suits with very limited  resources.

It is  a real fertile environment for corruption, especially in a country with a warped media that will not ask difficult questions.

I feel we’re fucked for decades.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

If Hearts and Thistle win this it easily opens a massive gateway for other clubs who missed out due to calling the league early. In particular us, we had the chance of trying to win the league taken away from us, which was still mathematically possible. Could easily seek damages of league winnings and champions league earnings.

As I said this could wipe out the whole SPFL if they lose this.

Humza will make sure the judge has a certain affinity for a certain club.

4 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

That's my biggest fear in all of this really that The Fat Japs tentacles stretch far and wide and this case just gets dismissed out of hand.

Pig eyes must be spending all of his waking hours talking with lawyers and defending lawsuits.

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The Scottish Professional Football League has issued a resolution to clubs asking them to cede Covid-19-related decisions to its board for next season.

The resolution only relates to disruption caused by coronavirus and the SPFL board would only hold the power for season 2020-21 and the effect on the start date for the season after.

There would be an express requirement to consult with clubs over decisions.

The organisation is keen to avoid a repeat of the recent in-fighting.

The SPFL's 42 member clubs voted to "call" the leagues after coronavirus had caused the suspension of football in March.

After another vote to adopt a 14-10-10-10 structure was rejected, Hearts and Partick Thistle began legal action to try to overturn their respective relegations from the Premiership and Championship.

The letter sent with the resolution to clubs warns that failure to approve it would mean the SPFL placing the onus on Covid-19 decision making with the member clubs once again "with all of the rancour and division that we saw in season 2019-20".

The letter also states that it was "apparent earlier this year, SPFL rules do not adequately cover the situation where a season has to be curtailed, with a number of games remaining to be played".

A series of divisional meetings will take place over the next few weeks to purposely discuss the resolution.

The resolution requires 75% of the Premiership clubs to agree (9/12), 75% of the Championship clubs (8/10) and 75% of clubs in Leagues One and Two (15/20) to succeed.

Clubs have 28 days to respond and have been informed if they return an agreement to the resolution they cannot at a later date change their decision.

If the board receives enough support prior to the 28-day period the resolution would be deemed to have been accepted

Is it just me or does anybody else see the bit of the SPFL letter that I've highlighted, as an admission in writing, that they fucked up! Over to you Hearts and Thistle. Good luck.

15 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

Is it just me or does anybody else see the bit of the SPFL letter that I've highlighted, as an admission in writing, that they fucked up! Over to you Hearts and Thistle. Good luck.

You are reading way too much into that. All they are saying is that they wish to have a mechanism in place so they don't need to go to a vote again. The only admission is that the rules as written in 2013 didn't foresee this situation.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You are reading way too much into that. All they are saying is that they wish to have a mechanism in place so they don't need to go to a vote again. The only admission is that the rules as written in 2013 didn't foresee this situation.

And instead of introducing rules and mechanisms to prevent ambiguity, issues and the need for votes should unforeseen situations occur, their solution is just to make the spfl cabal including Liewell the judge and jury on outcomes. Scottish football in a nutshell. 

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And instead of introducing rules and mechanisms to prevent ambiguity, issues and the need for votes should unforeseen situations occur, their solution is just to make the spfl cabal including Liewell the judge and jury on outcomes. Scottish football in a nutshell. 

Yeah but what happens when those new rules aren't fit for purpose because of another unforeseeable event connected to the  COVID crisis? Some things you literally cannot legislate for, and that's why governments have things like Emergency Powers Acts. This is the same type of situation.

The big issue for me, and I kind of already stated this before in the thread, is normally you would assume that you would be happy for the board of your member organisation to make decisions on members' behalf in those kinds of circumstance. But we, and the other clubs who voted with us, believe that there are serious issues with how the board is run. I for one wouldn't trust a board that can't agree their minutes properly with this kind of power. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah but what happens when those new rules aren't fit for purpose because of another unforeseeable event connected to the  COVID crisis? Some things you literally cannot legislate for, and that's why governments have things like Emergency Powers Acts. This is the same type of situation.

The big issue for me, and I kind of already stated this before in the thread, is normally you would assume that you would be happy for the board of your member organisation to make decisions on members' behalf in those kinds of circumstance. But we, and the other clubs who voted with us, believe that there are serious issues with how the board is run. I for one wouldn't trust a board that can't agree their minutes properly with this kind of power. 

League is XX games, should announcement of xxx by scottish govt or WHO prevent this happening by xxx date then leagues shall be considered concluded. 

Method of conclusion shall be PPG if over xx% of games played. Champions, promotions, relegations will apply. If under this % then league payouts will be based on current positions, but no club shall be promoted or relegated or considered champions.

A variation of the above could quite easily be written to cover most eventualities, especially given its only happened due to pandemic and war that I'm aware of.  Rules at start of the season everyone knows should be the goal, not one saying the spfl will decide which is open to impartiality.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It wont go like that, the SPFL would stick null and void on the table and use last seasons finishing places for euro places, then we'd need to accept that or look really fucking stupid

I'd be amazed Jim if null and void came back on the table. It is what should have happened on an incomplete season imo. 

It was clear but from day one that any option that didn't crown scum fc champions was a no go. Even if courts rule in hearts/thistle favour.

I think the SPFL would force a reconstruction rather than take the tainted title away.  

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Very uncomfortable about that

7 hours ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Because you don't like SR or because she's better at her job? I honestly couldn't say what she's done for Hibs. 

Maybe a little of both mate . It can't be any worse than SR for me . Just my opinion though

Archived