SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

30 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Thought Hearts/Thistle could take this back to court if arbitration fails, How can that be so if findings of the tribunal are final and binding ?

I think you are correct, I think it is now out of the courts for good. That is why the SPFL board see this as a good result. Giving evidence to a tribunal does not carry penalties for being economical with the information you release, whereas a court could charge you with contempt. SPFL board can now still keep some correspondences secret. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it shown that the Dundee vote was received at 16:48 the spfl are done.

Also remember people is alot easier to get evidence electronically. Delete what u want it can all be retrieved by going to the service provider. Who must retain it by law

42 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Thought Hearts/Thistle could take this back to court if arbitration fails, How can that be so if findings of the tribunal are final and binding ?

Posted this earlier. Not what appears to be posted by journalists

ACD6BED7-0BB1-4CB9-802D-A97E24CC2D31.jpeg

Only guessing lads  but ordinarily a chairman  only has a casting vote in the event of a tie. Maybe in this format they dont have a vote so the other parties have to agree or it goes back to court . So on this basis  it would be advantage Hertz and Thistle

8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I think you are correct, I think it is now out of the courts for good. That is why the SPFL board see this as a good result. Giving evidence to a tribunal does not carry penalties for being economical with the information you release, whereas a court could charge you with contempt. SPFL board can now still keep some correspondences secret. 

Looking at it like that I can see why the SPFL will be happy, they only have to answer the questions posed without any risk of being charged with telling porkies. Bastards.

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

Only guessing lads  but ordinarily a chairman  only has a casting vote in the event of a tie. Maybe in this format they dont have a vote so the other parties have to agree or it goes back to court . So on this basis  it would be advantage Hertz and Thistle

There is no vote hearts and PT must be compensated appropriately or its back to court

The judge acknowledged that If Dundee vote was counted at the correct time then the rules added to spfl rule book wouldn’t of happened hence relegation wouldn’t of happened.  He quoted that it needs more debate before he can reach a conclusion. 
I  really don’t understand why our team can’t have the same argument  even having their own litigation. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

The judge acknowledged that If Dundee vote was counted at the correct time then the rules added to spfl rule book wouldn’t of happened hence relegation wouldn’t of happened.  He quoted that it needs more debate before he can reach a conclusion. 
I  really don’t understand why our team can’t have the same argument  even having their own litigation. 

Between me and you without offending anyone 

Cowardly bastards 

2 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

So what’s the opinion of all the computer boffins on here regarding all the documents being brought into the open for the tribunal panel, Are files going to mysteriously disappear/be deleted or is it somewhat more complex than that ?

Would have thought that Hertz QC  would have asked the court for a forensic investigation  of the SPFL computer system  to be commissioned  given how the SPFL have tried to muddy the waters around this 

Sorry first post but will hold my nose and press on.

Disclosure is the most powerful weapon that lawyers have in any court case. Don’t focus just on what’s there. Just as important is what isn’t there. They need detailed minutes of board meetings to justify the decision they took and why they did it. The need fully reasoned decisions there in black and white which clearly show why they took their decisions. If they can’t produce them and it seems they can’t they will be screwed. Everything has a time and date stamp these days.  They can’t make board minutes up now. 

And the phone records. Especially if the spfl pay for the phones. Our dossier was a pleading essentially based on the info we had. There is much more to come out if this runs. They can only hide by stopping the process. 

4 minutes ago, Doron said:

Disclosure is the most powerful weapon that lawyers have in any court case. Don’t focus just on what’s there. Just as important is what isn’t there. They need detailed minutes of board meetings to justify the decision they took and why they did it. The need fully reasoned decisions there in black and white which clearly show why they took their decisions. If they can’t produce them and it seems they can’t they will be screwed. Everything has a time and date stamp these days.  They can’t make board minutes up now. 

And the phone records. Especially if the spfl pay for the phones. Our dossier was a pleading essentially based on the info we had. There is much more to come out if this runs. They can only hide by stopping the process. 

As first posts go I like it 😂

8 minutes ago, Doron said:

Welcome. Not bad for a 1st post 👍

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

SPFL welcoming any decision means they are fully prepared for it. Expect Mulraney to do the job Lawwell put him in for and blow this whole thing away.

There not gona come out and say anything negative are they. 

2 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

There not gona come out and say anything negative are they. 

It's the SPFL. The amount of negative PR theyve came out with during this whole shit show has been unbelievable for a ruling league body.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Apparently it is the case that SPFL and Hearts/Thistle pick an arbiter each and then agree on a chairman. This fucking rag is so fenian minded that they can’t even report this correctly. 

65543900-C475-45D1-A9B5-A70E95A5F11B.jpeg

There goes the magic word, "believes".

In other words, they know fuck all, just guesswork.

47 minutes ago, Doron said:

Good first post mate, hope you remembered to unhold your nose 😂

11 minutes ago, bornabear said:

There goes the magic word, "believes".

In other words, they know fuck all, just guesswork.

Likewise I understood the S.F.A. pick one panel member and hearts & thistle pick another,  then both of those chosen individuals then select the 3rd and final member , who has a legal background. 

3 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Likewise I understood the S.F.A. pick one panel member and hearts & thistle pick another,  then both of those chosen individuals then select the 3rd and final member , who has a legal background. 

That's how I see it mate.

BNB is good when it comes to legal.

Edit, misread that last bit, but stand by BNB being the one to put us right.

1 hour ago, Doron said:

Superb post mate 👍Makes you feel positive .Like it .Welcome 

2 hours ago, Doron said:

Welcome. I totally agree with your comments, my concern is one of authority to demand access to all the required documents and phone records. I am sure that is why Hearts and PT wanted it to go to court where they could have pushed for full disclosure. My fear is that the arbitration will declare certain sensitive records as outside the scope of the case. 

2 hours ago, Doron said:

Why would you hold your nose?

5 hours ago, Alwaysblue said:

2D9AA2C5-2109-440C-8C58-480437BD205C.jpeg

Isn't that only saying it can go back to Court if the arbitration panel don't reach a conclusion in time, rather than it can come to Court at the end of the process if one party is unhappy at the outcome?

Archived