SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

The Daily Record

ByKeith Jackson 22:44, 13 MAY 2020

-----------------------------------------------

celtic in title green light from Rangers but Aberdeen stand at centre of mysterious twist-The Hoops could be crowned nine-in-a-row champions within days.

All 12 top-flight clubs including Rangers have confirmed they will not object to the current season being officially ended with celtic crowned nine in a row champions. Record Sport can reveal the unanimous agreement was reached last Friday during a meeting of the Premiership clubs to discuss the catastrophic impact on the game of the coronavirus crisis. But, in a bizarre twist, details of the show of hands were fudged in the minutes which were later circulated around the clubs by Aberdeen, who were in charge of hosting the emergency conference call.

We understand those minutes were not distributed until after the weekend and had to be amended as a matter of urgency on Tuesday morning after a number of clubs complained that, crucially, one of the most important moments of the meeting had not been accurately recorded Rather than state categorically that all 12 clubs had actually agreed the time has come to write off any chance of restarting season 2019/10 and declaring that they would not stand in the way of the SPFL awarding the title to celtic and relegating Hearts, it was noted in the minutes merely that a ‘consensus’ had been reached.

A source said: “There was a lot going on during that meeting of the Premiership clubs as well as Dundee United. It was during those discussions, for example, that it became obvious there was no appetite for league reconstruction. And that quickly became the major talking point. “But it was not until the minutes were sent to all clubs that the discrepancy between what actually happened and what was put down in writing was spotted. On a matter of such importance there’s a huge difference between a unanimous decision, which is what took place, and a consensus, which is what was minuted. “When this was raised and queried with Aberdeen on Tuesday morning a new amended and more accurate set of minutes was then released shortly before the EGM of all 42 SPFL clubs.” 

Record Sport understands those corrected documents have now been passed on to SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster in accordance with an agreement that the league’s governing body should be fully informed of the outcome of the top flight discussions. It is now expected that Doncaster will engage in consultation with the Premiership clubs before the SPFL board officially calls an end to the current campaign. But, with some cash strapped clubs increasingly desperate to receive their slice of the £7.5million of prize money still under lock and key on Hampden’s sixth floor, a final decision is now expected to be made within days. Our source added: “Everyone now realises that there is no chance of restarting the season. Even Rangers agreed during Friday’s meeting. “So the most important thing now is to focus on how we go about getting next season up and running because that in itself will be fraught with difficulty.” 

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/celtic-title-green-light-Rangers-22022914

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

To use an old analogy, Doncaster & McLellan are two wee boys desperately trying to plug the ever increasing numbers of holes in the dyke, but as they will soon find out, the damage done is already too great. No one can now deny that the SPFL is not fit for purpose and its demise is inevitable sooner (hopefully) or later.

Although it is obviously far too simple, any new League body should be simple one club, one vote system with a simple majority required to pass any votes, none of this 75% required to pass nonsense. Full transparency should be the keyword, with all business of the League open to scrutiny, with the obvious safeguards in place to protect a persons or a business' privacy or justifiably confidential information.

Needless to say any new League should be completely clean of any tint of the old, and the Clubs will have to ensure that the people they employ to run the thing are up to the task, something that has become abundantly clear as not to be the case with the current set up.

Plugging holes in the dyke? Hmmm, didn't someone call Doncaster a spotty dyke earlier. I think we're on to something.

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Not expecting it . Yet i wish to fuck i would hear the word Corruption coming from someone in our camp , instead of the play with words 

Poor management at best isn't damning enough for me 

Fair play to Ally for raising the point, I doubt he could say anything more damning than that for legal reasons.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Does it feel like we’ve been rolling over up till now?

if they are handed the title any action we take will be retrospective 

No it certainly doesn’t mate at its very refreshing to feel the fire in the belly from the board tbh!! And hopefully you are correct👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Lawwell needs brought down we have to be more brutal and go after their weaknesses which is failure to keep kids safe at his club and covering up years of child abuse.

Aye,after the cunts "embarrassing" line our board should have come out with..."We all know celtic don't do investigations so we didn't have our hopes up of winning the egm" or something along those lines.

Nice twisting of words by that disgrace of a paper again. "Even Rangers agreed" like it's some sort of surprise. We have never disagreed with the fact that the clubs voted to end the season yet somehow always turn it against us. Cunts of this highest order. If Park and Graham haven't sent banning orders to these fucks then it should be in the post.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Does it feel like we’ve been rolling over up till now?

if they are handed the title any action we take will be retrospective 

I don't think Rangers are rolling over. It's the newspapers that have turned it into a Rangers v celtic thing, as it deflects from the central problem which is how the game is being governed. The club has said from day 1 this is about corporate governance issues and they have indicated they are going to fight on.

It is hard to take as a fan that 'they' will be crowned champions again, after already being gifted 'The Collum Cup' but I do think clubs like Hearts will file a legal challenge if they are to be relegated when 38 games have not been played.

Under the spotlight for incompetence and poor governance and the SPFL fudge the minutes of one of the most important meetings of the season. 
What fucking chance do we have in this country. 
I hope that loads of these fuckwit cunts clubs go to the wall the more the merrier fuck the lot of them. 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Nice twisting of words by that disgrace of a paper again. "Even Rangers agreed" like it's some sort of surprise. We have never disagreed with the fact that the clubs voted to end the season yet somehow always turn it against us. Cunts of this highest order. If Park and Graham haven't sent banning orders to these fucks then it should be in the post.

Agreed but the articles are worth noting as they are a main source in highlighting the media spin that's being put out there to cover up the SPFL lack of corporate governance.

30 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The Daily Record

ByKeith Jackson 22:44, 13 MAY 2020

-----------------------------------------------

celtic in title green light from Rangers but Aberdeen stand at centre of mysterious twist-The Hoops could be crowned nine-in-a-row champions within days.

All 12 top-flight clubs including Rangers have confirmed they will not object to the current season being officially ended with celtic crowned nine in a row champions. Record Sport can reveal the unanimous agreement was reached last Friday during a meeting of the Premiership clubs to discuss the catastrophic impact on the game of the coronavirus crisis. But, in a bizarre twist, details of the show of hands were fudged in the minutes which were later circulated around the clubs by Aberdeen, who were in charge of hosting the emergency conference call.

We understand those minutes were not distributed until after the weekend and had to be amended as a matter of urgency on Tuesday morning after a number of clubs complained that, crucially, one of the most important moments of the meeting had not been accurately recorded Rather than state categorically that all 12 clubs had actually agreed the time has come to write off any chance of restarting season 2019/10 and declaring that they would not stand in the way of the SPFL awarding the title to celtic and relegating Hearts, it was noted in the minutes merely that a ‘consensus’ had been reached.

A source said: “There was a lot going on during that meeting of the Premiership clubs as well as Dundee United. It was during those discussions, for example, that it became obvious there was no appetite for league reconstruction. And that quickly became the major talking point. “But it was not until the minutes were sent to all clubs that the discrepancy between what actually happened and what was put down in writing was spotted. On a matter of such importance there’s a huge difference between a unanimous decision, which is what took place, and a consensus, which is what was minuted. “When this was raised and queried with Aberdeen on Tuesday morning a new amended and more accurate set of minutes was then released shortly before the EGM of all 42 SPFL clubs.” 

Record Sport understands those corrected documents have now been passed on to SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster in accordance with an agreement that the league’s governing body should be fully informed of the outcome of the top flight discussions. It is now expected that Doncaster will engage in consultation with the Premiership clubs before the SPFL board officially calls an end to the current campaign. But, with some cash strapped clubs increasingly desperate to receive their slice of the £7.5million of prize money still under lock and key on Hampden’s sixth floor, a final decision is now expected to be made within days. Our source added: “Everyone now realises that there is no chance of restarting the season. Even Rangers agreed during Friday’s meeting. “So the most important thing now is to focus on how we go about getting next season up and running because that in itself will be fraught with difficulty.” 

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/celtic-title-green-light-Rangers-22022914

ffs, they even managed to fuck up a 12 person vote too?

:rofl:

Aye but they're pyoor competent man.

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres no official asterisk, officially it will be seen as any other.  Yeah some of us will say it's asterisked, but itll be a minority of scottish supporters, it's not official. Can we stop this nonsense.

It will have an official asterisk.  It's not nonsense. 

So what will next season's prize monies look like.

£10m  rebate to tv companies plus Hearts legal case looking for minimum £3 m.

Very little in new tv deal.

No sponsor.

£400,000 to Donkeyhead.

Can see the news next May, Rangers crowned Champions, with prize money of minus £1m.

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

ffs, they even managed to fuck up a 12 person vote too?

:rofl:

Aye but they're pyoor competent man.

No they just fucked up the minutes. Deliberately ?

I can't see Hearts, Sheep or our goodselves having voted for this.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Petitions, I sign, but they never seem to go anywhere.

My brother emailed his (SNP) MP and got this this response

Thank you for writing to me. Sport is primarily devolved to the Scottish Parliament. Moreover an early day motion is neither legislation nor enforceable in any way. In these circumstances I will not be signing it.

I recognise though that there are huge issues affecting Scottish football at the moment that need resolved. Some are due to the coronavirus lockdown, others are longstanding. Some indeed since I was a boy.

Fundamentally, the SPFL is a private company representing its constituent members. Its league construction being predicated on TV revenue rather than the good of the game or the interest of fans. My sympathies have therefore always been with the SFA who should represent the game from grassroots to national team. I look with envy at the Scandinavian nations who have out performed us and where its the good of the game that matters not the interests of a few professional clubs that's at the forefront.

I think until that balance is resolved progress will not be made but its for others to pursue elsewhere.  

Take care

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Petitions, I sign, but they never seem to go anywhere.

My brother emailed his (SNP) MP and got this this response

Thank you for writing to me. Sport is primarily devolved to the Scottish Parliament. Moreover an early day motion is neither legislation nor enforceable in any way. In these circumstances I will not be signing it.

I recognise though that there are huge issues affecting Scottish football at the moment that need resolved. Some are due to the coronavirus lockdown, others are longstanding. Some indeed since I was a boy.

Fundamentally, the SPFL is a private company representing its constituent members. Its league construction being predicated on TV revenue rather than the good of the game or the interest of fans. My sympathies have therefore always been with the SFA who should represent the game from grassroots to national team. I look with envy at the Scandinavian nations who have out performed us and where its the good of the game that matters not the interests of a few professional clubs that's at the forefront.

I think until that balance is resolved progress will not be made but its for others to pursue elsewhere.  

Take care

That reply is not that bad I know he didn't offer to support the motion but he did outline perceived failings. 

16 minutes ago, bornabear said:

No sponsor.

£400,000 to Donkeyhead.

Can see the news next May, Rangers crowned Champions, with prize money of minus £1m.

I think when you add in Dungcasters wages /expenses plus all the others like McLennan and the fat one they will be taking close on £1m in wages and expenses if not more for failing at their jobs, the knew from last summer Ladbrokes was pulling out thats nearly a year and still no league sponsor that alone should be a sacking offence, clubs are going to find out very soon just how much these clowns have f*cked up. If lock down stay till the end of the year which is more than likely Scottish football are going to be several clubs short. 

21 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

No they just fucked up the minutes. Deliberately ?

I can't see Hearts, Sheep or our goodselves having voted for this.

Its hard to believe Hertz voted to relegate themselves they may have agreed to the season ending but not relegate themselves costing them in the region of £3m which could sink them or at the very least cripple them for years to come.

20 minutes ago, bornabear said:

No sponsor.

£400,000 to Donkeyhead.

TV deal is meant to be £32m a season. Take £10m off that straight away and then don't add anything more with sponsorship being given away to Sky makes it £22m for next season split between 42 clubs and a corrupt SPFL board currently. Add that to the fact its looking like games will be played BCD until 2021 at the earliest then income is going to be rather bleak for most anyway.

Thanks Doncaster, MacLennan and McKenzie. Job well done :pipe:

Archived