SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

15 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Probably been said already on the thread, but what I'm struggling with is how the defendants have turned out to be DU, RR and Cove, and they're the ones touting for financial support.  I though this was an action taken against decisions made by the SPFL?  The consequences of which are also felt by these three defendants, albeit in the polar extreme.  Is this a case of the SPFL throwing up these three as a "human shield" to protect themselves?

Hom/pt took spfl to court. Then the 3 stooges asked or were asked to join them. Then other teams were invited to join in. My thinking of it was spfl trying to get as many teams to join in to put preasure on hom/pt in the hope they would stop court battle.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Probably been said already on the thread, but what I'm struggling with is how the defendants have turned out to be DU, RR and Cove, and they're the ones touting for financial support.  I though this was an action taken against decisions made by the SPFL?  The consequences of which are also felt by these three defendants, albeit in the polar extreme.  Is this a case of the SPFL throwing up these three as a "human shield" to protect themselves?

You are certainly not the only one wondering that, surely Hearts & PT action is against the SPFL, more smoke and mirrors at play here.

Clusterfuck. 

2 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Hom/pt took spfl to court. Then the 3 stooges asked or were asked to join them. Then other teams were invited to join in. My thinking of it was spfl trying to get as many teams to join in to put preasure on hom/pt in the hope they would stop court battle.

That's certainly what's happening now, what with the two statements yesterday.  Meanwhile, the SPFL are still sitting back and letting them get on with it.  Fuckin stinks.

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

That's certainly what's happening now, what with the two statements yesterday.  Meanwhile, the SPFL are still sitting back and letting them get on with it.  Fuckin stinks.

Keeps the preasure off them, while everyone else pleads poverty and looks for sympathy. Not in my house, hope they rot in hell.

Doncaster wrote to all clubs saying that if they wanted to see the Hearts/Thistle petition and the SPFL response then they had to join the case.

Which was utter bollocks as they were already in the public arena having been pinned to the court house wall and widely available on social media. It was a deflection tactic and nothing more. One that failed as Lord Clark dismissed their arguments.

37 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Agree 100%. The SPFL is as they have stated themselves,  run by the clubs for the clubs, in that instance it shouldnt be DU, RR and Cove, to my mind it would be a class action suit and the 3 clubs would instruct the SPFL to fight the case for them as administrators of the game/rules of the member clubs (and the costs split accordingly by all the clubs who fell on their side of the vote)

29 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Naive at best from SPFL ,Hearts and PT have been fucked over ,not by a democratic process but by a sham vote ,Of course they want rights to be wronged and if not then properly compensated ,

Hearts especially ain’t going to sit back and say ,Oh we better not go after justice coz folk that fucked us over might not like us anymore 😀

Hearts and Thistle are well funded for this and will fight all the way.

Note that they always say that 81% of clubs voted for this and never that the resolution passed. Fought tooth and nail to prevent having to disclose documents. Lord Clark ruled against them. If you had nothing to hide then would you would agree to this knowing there was nothing to see.

At least if the 3 stooges have to withdraw (that Boreland took up over half of the courts time) then arbitration may not take so long.

If I remember correctly the "taxi rank" or whatever Regan called it was established to support the "Compliant Officer" but it seems to have developed into another one which is a list of legal 

officers.........the list from which the arbitrators will come from...

Question is who put that list together? It is difficult to dismiss the the role that McKenzie may have played...........and it will be interesting to see whether 3 truly independent personnel can be assembled.  ( assuming, of course, that there isn't a backroom deal to payoff Hearts etc.) 

39 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Agree 100%. The SPFL is as they have stated themselves,  run by the clubs for the clubs, in that instance it shouldnt be DU, RR and Cove, to my mind it would be a class action suit and the 3 clubs would instruct the SPFL to fight the case for them as administrators of the game/rules of the member clubs (and the costs split accordingly by all the clubs who fell on their side of the vote)

They don't really exist in UK law though.

2 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Lower-leagues not happy Old Firm scheduled to coincide with the start of their leagues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53315090

"They [the SPFL] have a computer system but they also plug in some key dates that they have to avoid. It can't just be fully automated."

No shit Sherlock! :lol:

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

They don't really exist in UK law though.

Group litigation instead of class action then mate .

Group litigation is the legal term used in the UK to describe collective legal action brought by a group of claimants that have been affected by an occurrence in the same way, whether it be negligence, an incident or other cause. Those actions are often brought against large companies or corporations

3 hours ago, ricksen92 said:

I wonder if we should have joined them at that point and set the cat right amongst the flying rats.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I wonder if we should have joined them at that point and set the cat right amongst the flying rats.

I thinknwe have done well to stay out of the limelight but i think it would be canny of the board to drop in a wee nod to 2012 and cite "sporting integrity"  to  stir up the nest again 

23 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Lower-leagues not happy Old Firm scheduled to coincide with the start of their leagues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53315090

"Then unfortunately somebody at Hampden says, 'Hang on, hold my beer, I'll schedule the Old Firm game on that day and completely overshadow it'."

Nah mate didny happen. Fixtures are randomly selected don't ye know?

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

"Then unfortunately somebody at Hampden says, 'Hang on, Neilly and big Pete asked us to make sure the game against the H*** Rangers should be last so's they get their fans in and make a mint.....hold my beer, I'll schedule the Old Firm game on that day and completely overshadow it'."

Nah mate didny happen. Fixtures are randomly selected don't ye know?

Fixed.

I remember before we were forced down that you’d barely know any of the chairmen or owners of other clubs. You would know Murray (obviously) and Lawwell probably, possibly Dermot Desmond at a push, with the odd diddy team owner perhaps as well.

Now you could probably name at least half the chairmen and owners in this rancid setup, because of how much of a fucking shambles things have become off the pitch and how much they all want their wee 15 minutes of fame.

Utter scumbags.

1 hour ago, broxibear123 said:

I remember before we were forced down that you’d barely know any of the chairmen or owners of other clubs. You would know Murray (obviously) and Lawwell probably, possibly Dermot Desmond at a push, with the odd diddy team owner perhaps as well.

Now you could probably name at least half the chairmen and owners in this rancid setup, because of how much of a fucking shambles things have become off the pitch and how much they all want their wee 15 minutes of fame.

Utter scumbags.

This , imo , is also symptomatic of how the National team is being run at the moment as well.

A catastrophic shambles that will take years to recover from because no one knows what the fuck they are doing.

5 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Couldn't give two fucks about the national team.

Me neither m8 trust me. My point is the same system of rule is causing the very same problem.

Incompetence and corruption.

39 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Couldn't give two fucks about the national team.

I used to say that but when the game started I got into it.

Now it means almost nothing.

Lost 3 0 to Kazakhstan and didnt bat an eyelid.

Only interested in Gers players who play for them.

Used to go to all the home matches too.

4 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Group litigation instead of class action then mate .

Group litigation is the legal term used in the UK to describe collective legal action brought by a group of claimants that have been affected by an occurrence in the same way, whether it be negligence, an incident or other cause. Those actions are often brought against large companies or corporations

I see. Its hard keeping up with all the legal action. I only know about class actions because I own a dodgy VW Golf. 

33 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I used to say that but when the game started I got into it.

Now it means almost nothing.

Lost 3 0 to Kazakhstan and didnt bat an eyelid.

Only interested in Gers players who play for them.

Used to go to all the home matches too.

I sat in the Ibrox bar in Tenerife and watched the Kazakhstan game ,it wasn’t particularly busy maybe 15 to 20 folk ,not one of them gave a fuck about the result ,no shouts of despair and no laughing or fuck all 

Not one gave a fuck ,just another game as a neutral almost 

Archived