SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's a very good summation of the current situation. Absolutely laughable that they can bleat on about sporting integrity while voting against proposals that would uphold said integrity. 

I do hope the relegations / promotions are overturned. 

Agreed and especially with the highlighted bit.

N&V  should have been on the table from the outset but PL publicly stated that it wasn't an option and robustly told clubs to suffer the consequences if they pushed the matter.  By allowing this the SPFL have abused their powers by not tabling this option as a genuine solution.  

The clubs wanting 5k from other clubs should be reminded they said they had a benefactor who said they would fund their case. although personally I think asking clubs for 5k is a ploy to get positive spin for their case. e.g  So and so club couldn't afford to help fund it our case but gave a statement saying they understood our situation.

At this point, I really think the prize money for season 20/21 should be ring fenced until after the court cases, as the executives of the SPFL seem to be dipping into the pot regularly to rectify the mess they have created. If this happened in a normal company the executives involved would have been suspended facing investigation. One can only hope they face a vote of no confidence instead of a vote for more power at the next SPFL AGM.

Also, Why is no-one asking about PL involvement in the t.v deal?  Imho, The t.v deal is the rainbow to a pot of gifted 10iar gold. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a matter of urgency, we would like to clarify our position in relation to the role being played by Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers in our case against the SPFL.

Those clubs were named in the Petition, along with Stranraer, because they are the clubs most likely to be impacted by a decision in our favour. We are not, and have never been, in direct dispute with them.

The SPFL is opposing our Petition and will do so at the forthcoming arbitration.  Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were not therefore required to litigate or arbitrate against us.  However, they chose to do so. 

For the avoidance of doubt, we accept that was a choice they were fully entitled to make, no doubt having been fully advised of the risks and costs.  We absolutely know and understand that was not a decision to be taken lightly.

This is not about two Clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle, battling against other member Clubs. This is about these two Clubs battling against the organisation, which is meant to look after all of our interests, and holding them accountable for their prejudicial actions. We would contend that any Club in our position would be taking similar action.

However, encouraging clubs to fund anyone’s costs in this process could create further division. We consider such an approach to be at odds with the fundamental requirement of the SPFL rules that the SPFL and each Club shall behave towards each other with the utmost good faith.  We cannot therefore let that pass without comment.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/joint-club-statement-1-2-3

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

As a matter of urgency, we would like to clarify our position in relation to the role being played by Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers in our case against the SPFL.

Those clubs were named in the Petition, along with Stranraer, because they are the clubs most likely to be impacted by a decision in our favour. We are not, and have never been, in direct dispute with them.

The SPFL is opposing our Petition and will do so at the forthcoming arbitration.  Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were not therefore required to litigate or arbitrate against us.  However, they chose to do so. 

For the avoidance of doubt, we accept that was a choice they were fully entitled to make, no doubt having been fully advised of the risks and costs.  We absolutely know and understand that was not a decision to be taken lightly.

This is not about two Clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle, battling against other member Clubs. This is about these two Clubs battling against the organisation, which is meant to look after all of our interests, and holding them accountable for their prejudicial actions. We would contend that any Club in our position would be taking similar action.

However, encouraging clubs to fund anyone’s costs in this process could create further division. We consider such an approach to be at odds with the fundamental requirement of the SPFL rules that the SPFL and each Club shall behave towards each other with the utmost good faith.  We cannot therefore let that pass without comment.

Nicely done.

11 hours ago, Canabear said:

The drama , and fun , in that would be watching the bheasts going apoplectic and threatening to sue the ones who fucked all this up in the first place by trying to be the rulers of Scottish Football and totally fucking things up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEMSELVES.

Is it too much to ask that Rangers are just sitting back and feeding them just enough rope so that they all hang themselves??

It’s way too much to ask .It absolutely sickens me that certain bears are deluded by this shite tbh .We love our club ,fair enough .Enough of the false platitudes though .Total pish,they even give it a second thought now .

The only people to have consistently lied/spun/misled in this affair are the SPFL. 

All clubs received a copy of our dossier which was the spark if you like. Hearts/Thistle just have to continue to stick to the facts. Easily proven facts.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

"At the forthcoming arbitration ".

Take it then that nothing has happened yet.

Do we know if they've appointed their legal reps from the panel and are we ever likely to find out who they are. 

12 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd bet any money if we were in front. All the things dismissed like BCD games would become options. 

They'll never award us a title even with the precedent set. 

and there's no way peadophile fc, scottish government etc would allow it either

2 minutes ago, Brackley said:

"At the forthcoming arbitration ".

Take it then that nothing has happened yet.

Do we know if they've appointed their legal reps from the panel and are we ever likely to find out who they are. 

I doubt that the names of those on the panel will come out until afterwards.

Has anything happened yet ? I don't know but if SPFL have not yet started revealing documents then they could easily find themselves on contempt charges.

As I see it proceedings must start next week or it's back to court.  

39 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I doubt that the names of those on the panel will come out until afterwards.

Has anything happened yet ? I don't know but if SPFL have not yet started revealing documents then they could easily find themselves on contempt charges.

As I see it proceedings must start next week or it's back to court.  

Would I be right in thinking all Hearts/Thistle have to do is create a situation where they can’t agree on a chairman and that’ll take it back to court? 

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Would I be right in thinking all Hearts/Thistle have to do is create a situation where they can’t agree on a chairman and that’ll take it back to court? 

All I know is that Hearts/Thistle get to choose their guy (loud cheers) and the SPFL have their embarrassed looking representative loudly booed as he makes his entrance. At that point the score is 1-1. Matter then is to agree on the referee.  

I would guess that if they can't agree on a ref then the court would appoint one immediately. I don't see Hearts/Thistle engineering this situation but the SPFL might. Would not put it past them.

On 08/07/2020 at 20:03, bluenoz said:

If no promotion or relegation is what ends up happening in Scotland then if Rangers decided to dispute the tainted title in court, they would win. They now have a precedence in what is uncharted times.

Rangers won’t dispute the title fs

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Rangers won’t contest the title fs

If Hearts win based on company law then the same principles would surely apply at the other end of the table. Seems logical enough to me.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

If Hearts win based on company law then the same principles would surely apply at the other end of the table. Seems logical enough to me.

Logic and the Rangers board don’t go hand in hand mate. 

Dont think we have ever disputed them being handed the title at any point in this whole shambles 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Logic and the Rangers board don’t go hand in hand mate. 

I agree that I don't think they would pursue anything but you are basing on past Rangers boards. This one seems to have a different mindset and approach to things.

44 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

I’m sure I read very much earlier in this thread that the spfl board would make that decision.

It’s the clubs money, the SPFL can’t just do as they please.

The money they have used from future prize monies to pay back under an incomplete TV contract clause is completely different. 👍

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree that I don't think they would pursue anything but you are basing on past Rangers boards. This one seems to have a different mindset and approach to things.

I don’t think so mate .Based on very little and definitely not enough for me 

There may yet be a reason that we don’t know about of course .They get zero credit until I see action .And I mean much much more than anything these past 3 months 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I don’t think so mate .Based on very little and definitely not enough for me 

There may yet be a reason that we don’t know about of course .They get zero credit until I see action .And I mean much much more than anything these past 3 months 

This board is different in so many ways. Was the 200 page dossier just 'Scotch Mist?" Our marketing campaign is on a different level. (Bisgrove) Edmiston house renos. Changes in our development team (now B team). New investors coming in soon. How we handle the media is different (David Graham). No Ashley. New kit launch. The list goes on...

And some of that was started with Dave King.

I do agree with you and Tam that too much time has passed to make a change to the tainted title but we tried and the other teams didn't back us. 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This board is different in so many ways. Was the 200 page dossier just 'Scotch Mist?" Our marketing campaign is on a different level. (Bisgrove) Edmiston house renos. Changes in our development team (now B team). New investors coming in soon. How we handle the media is different (David Graham). No Ashley. New kit launch. The list goes on...

I do agree with you and Tam that too much time has passed to make a change to the tainted title but we tried and the other teams didn't back us. 

We did try and look what has happened since then.

Blind agenda driven hatred of all things related to the biggest Club in the land is what has almost brought Scottish Football to it's knees and if all the things that are going on right bring about the demise of a few/certain Clubs then they only have themselves to blame.

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Our marketing campaign I disagree with. They've implemented MyGers (an extortion scheme playing on fans loyalty) like the Bar72 price increases especially next year and then again next years fans being shafted from any sort of semi-decent away ticket they might have a chance of getting. Until the Ed House project is completed, paid for and starts turning profit no-one can say if it will be a marketing success (or failure) ... from what I understand, our long-term marketing strategy is to get big bucks from tourists from the likes of America and Asia who want to pay a fortune to sample Old Firm games and other big Rangers games and ticket-wise that will be at further expense to the average Joe that likes following his team. You can call all that good market or different level marketing. I don't. Not just yet anyway. 

The investment side of things is something I'll give you. The guys covering shortfalls and soft loans and wanting them converted to shares and trying to bring in folk from the likes of the Hong Kong markets has to be commended. 

I don't know how we handle the media different or what this David Graham guy has done? I don't see any tangible change there. I hear mumblings of non-cooperation but the media can still write what they want about the club, our fans, guys on BLM platforms calling us fascists, H***, that we an established Racist institution that needs to change. No statements on condemnation or changes behind the scenes regarding the one that was involved with that diversity campaign we've got - in fact, he's actually working on re-designing our corporate (according to folk who know him)

No Ashley is a good one, but we've made a lot of serious and costly and embarrassing errors along the way with that. Making us look like amateurs. 

There's a new kit launch every year. This one is literally no different. 

We did not try for an independent investigation in regards celtic getting a title - we done it to try and remove a couple of individuals - which was, of course right. But it's distinctly different. There was no legal fight from us. I've heard a couple of intelligent folk say they don't think there was legal grounds on a sporting merit, but I've never heard one good reason why there wasn't one on a financial merit. We've lost the chance to get ourselves 20-25 million of CL monies when it was mathetically possible we could have.

Our board do not give one fuck about the fans mate. Not one. There's no fight in them. You've seen that these last couple of months. Absolute wet blankets. I'm amazed some folk don't want to see it and make excuses for them.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

That’s a very fair retort mate .Give you that 

Archived