SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

24 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Hearts/Thistle are only contesting the rules added that allow promotion and relegation. I wouldn’t put it past SFA to agree that these specific rules can’t be adhered too but the rules govern the awarding of champions can still stand. Unless our club contest that then no one will argue. 

Then we'd be right back to court as dundee united etc would challenge that being awarded titles but no promotion is against the rules 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my 2 cents worth but I doubt that the tribunal can force reconstruction. More a case of the relegations were unlawful so undo that and what you do from then on is your business. The 10 million they are asking for is reasonable so if the panel go down the compensation route then I would expect the number to be around that at the 8% interest asked for if the SPFL can't pay it all in one go.

Of course the 3rd option is a win for the SPFL but after Lord Clark's written statement I think that is unlikely. But I have been wrong before.

59 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Cant force reconstruction, its a members vote for that, cant rerun the original vote as the arbitration will be looking into the shady going ons with dundee, why run it again so they can just vote again based on underhand dealings

Option 3 and 4 are the only two available now, and 4 will cause chaos

And its this that makes me think the SPFL will get away with this

In that case, the verdict would be based on what is the least hassle as opposed to what is just and fair.

Even for the Republic of Scotland, that is really pissing all over the concept of justice.

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Just my 2 cents worth but I doubt that the tribunal can force reconstruction. More a case of the relegations were unlawful so undo that and what you do from then on is your business. The 10 million they are asking for is reasonable so if the panel go down the compensation route then I would expect the number to be around that at the 8% interest asked for if the SPFL can't pay it all in one go.

Of course the 3rd option is a win for the SPFL but after Lord Clark's written statement I think that is unlikely. But I have been wrong before.

Don’t think the SPFL would see option 3 (null and void) as a win even if it is the fairest option and would get them out of the hole they’ve dug for themselves. Big Peter simply would not allow it.

Another factor is the share of the compensation. Over 80% of sponsorship revenue goes to teams in the top division and it is to be expected that the hit to fund the payout would mirror that.

So you’re looking at circa 8m between the top clubs. Can Hibs, Killie, St Johnstone etc take that kind of hit? Should they? What if they fight it?

Just a mess leading to another mess, leading to another.

40 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Apparently the SFA Arbitration is starting on Wednesday.

Think it'll be done and dusted by the end of the week? Clubs realise that Doncaster is taking millions out the pot to pay them off and chaos ensues once again.

38 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Then we'd be right back to court as dundee united etc would challenge that being awarded titles but no promotion is against the rules 

They’ll count on Dundee Utd not being able to afford it. The media will back them and the narrative will go back to the vote allowing the additions of rules which will still allows the champions to be decided but promotion and relegation rules have now been removed. They’ll be desperate to prevent that vote being legally scrutinised and a deal is the only way to allow that. 

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Don’t think the SPFL would see option 3 (null and void) as a win even if it is the fairest option and would get them out of the hole they’ve dug for themselves. Big Peter simply would not allow it.

Another factor is the share of the compensation. Over 80% of sponsorship revenue goes to teams in the top division and it is to expected that the hit to fund the payout would mirror that.

So you’re looking at circa 8m between the top clubs. Can Hibs, Killie, St Johnstone etc take that kind of hit? Should they? What if they fight it?

Just a mess leading to another mess, leading to another.

If the relegations are overturned then the Good Friday motion is dead in the water and null and void is all that the SPFL are left with.

I could not care less about other clubs. If they are impacted by something they voted in support of then hell mend them. We warned them.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Think it'll be done and dusted by the end of the week? Clubs realise that Doncaster is taking millions out the pot to pay them off and chaos ensues once again.

I hope it’s done quick. It can’t drag out and doesn’t need to. Everyone knows what happened and it should be dealt with ASAP. 

Hang on.

This is Scottish Football, expect it to be dragged out and dragged out some more.

I imagine the remit of this panel is to sort out this issue and this issue alone. If a consequence of that is other clubs (ie DundeeUtd) then take their own action then so be it, the whole mess is too much to be sorted anytime soon.  

Nul and void is unlikely but its also the one with least potential follow up court actions raised against the spfl. 

It really is a fucking mess. And it may well only be the beginning if the spfl lose which surely has to happen. But probably won't.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I imagine the remit of this panel is to sort out this issue and this issue alone. If a consequence of that is other clubs (ie DundeeUtd) then take their own action then so be it, the whole mess is too much to be sorted anytime soon.  

Nul and void is unlikely but its also the one with least potential follow up court actions raised against the spfl. 

It really is a fucking mess. And it may well only be the beginning if the spfl lose which surely has to happen. But probably won't.

They'll be no recovery from that shambles of a vote as much as we want there to be. Hearts and PT ain't after staying up, all they want is cold hard cash. Giving them that cash opens up for other clubs to go after Doncaster for more which then puts the whole SPFL in jeopardy. Can't run a league season when theres no cash left.

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I hope it’s done quick. It can’t drag out and doesn’t need to. Everyone knows what happened and it should be dealt with ASAP. 

Hang on.

This is Scottish Football, expect it to be dragged out and dragged out some more.

Based on the court of session Boreland for DU will continue to filibuster and delay things. 

Null and Void

SPFL disbandment 

New league body

No more Lawwell involvement 

The only way forward for me

If it means a delay to the season starting then so be it because I don’t see how it can go forward from here without those things happening.

Trusting it to be fair going forward is gone. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They'll be no recovery from that shambles of a vote as much as we want there to be. Hearts and PT ain't after staying up, all they want is cold hard cash. Giving them that cash opens up for other clubs to go after Doncaster for more which then puts the whole SPFL in jeopardy. Can't run a league season when theres no cash left.

I honestly think that most people just want a Hearts/Thistle victory whether it's cold cash or reinstatement. Either way the SPFL are doomed.

Reinstatement followed by null and void does least damage to the members.

11 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Null and Void

SPFL disbandment 

New league body

If it means a delay to the season starting then so be it because I don’t see how it can go forward from here without those things happening.

You mean we shouldn't vote in favour of the Spfl having the right to determine how the league should be concluded next season in the event of a situation like this years? 😂

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You mean we shouldn't vote in favour of the Spfl having the right to determine how the league should be concluded next season in the event of a situation like this years? 😂

They are extremely trustworthy right enough 😂👍

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I am sure that resolution will fail. Nobody trusts them any more.

31 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Null and Void

SPFL disbandment 

New league body

Dave, you forgot “Dear Santa” at the top of that list.

:lol:

Wasn't sure where else to put this tbh but putting it here, because their wee tainted 9 in a row flag only went up because of 'SPFL shambles' 

Jim McIntosh from Barmulloch 22yr service with City Building has been suspended with immediate effect for his little celtic flag stunt within City Chambers another 12 members of staff have been put under investigation

Hopefully that's true.

In reality though, he'll come back and be made the next Lord Provest, probably.

Just another random thought but if Hearts/Thistle fail to get reinstated but instead are awarded compensation. 

Who pays ? The SPFL do out of the pot is the obvious answer. But if Thistle, for sake of argument, are awarded 2M but their share of the pot drops by say 50k  does that not mean that in effect they are paying part of their own compensation ? Our share of the pot also drops. Should we just suck it up ? No is my answer.

Maybe I am just overthinking it but the situation gets more absurd the more you look at it.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Just another random thought but if Hearts/Thistle fail to get reinstated but instead are awarded compensation. 

Who pays ? The SPFL do out of the pot is the obvious answer. But if Thistle, for sake of argument, are awarded 2M but their share of the pot drops by say 50k  does that not mean that in effect they are paying part of their own compensation ? Our share of the pot also drops. Should we just suck it up ? No is my answer.

Maybe I am just overthinking it but the situation gets more absurd the more you look at it.

I don't think they've 10 million in the pot - unless it's staggered over next 3-years or something (with first payment next year) in which case a lot of smaller clubs will go out of business as a result with no end of season monies due that they budget for and rely on.

All to give celtic a title they never won. 

So celtic, in this instance (with the help of their corrupt pals in the SPFL) have done more damage to Scottish football and it's member clubs than Rangers ever did (by being victims of a fraudulent takeover and being sent to the bottom of the Scottish game to start again) and yet we're still seen as public enemy number one, and them fenian cunts revered. 

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Your logic is sound. The money coming from Hearts to pay Hearts their own compensation is just another aspect of this fiasco which is less Football Focus and more Twilight Zone.

SPFL top tier clubs will have to find somewhere north of half a million each, especially as the broadcasters need to get their rebates too. So how do they cope? They sell the best youngsters, cut corners and generally downsize/weaken their team. How great would it be to benefit from weakened opposition if you were going for something like, say, ten in a row?

Which means that the chances of dropping points outside of OF games is reduced further. Almost as if it was meant to be...

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So Dundee’s dodgy vote handed Penn State FC a title they didn’t win.

Then Dundee’s Technical Directors son gets a job at Penn State FC.

Then Dundee’s Technical Director gets a gig permanently on Penn State FC TV.

More strange coincidences.

Especially when the tarriers were all saying we were giving a job to the Inverness MD.

Cunts are corrupt as fuck tbh and as soon as that disgusting club dies for the sake of this country the better.

Archived