SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Transfer window open until October? Why fucking bother having a window at all this season?  Just scrap it until this pile of shite pandemic is over with.

Start of January until Feb 1st for the winter one too.

Could be a nightmare if a club was to take Alfie right at the deadline.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Transfer window open until October? Why fucking bother having a window at all this season?  Just scrap it until this pile of shite pandemic is over with.

Clubs now having to play for months with uncertainty over their squads.

Fucking shambles from the football bodies yet again.

52 minutes ago, frenv said:

Start of January until Feb 1st for the winter one too.

Could be a nightmare if a club was to take Alfie right at the deadline.

Exactly. Your basically saying your squad is set for just over 2 months until the January window. Get rid of it entirely. Pointless.

With all the uncertainty surrounding a second wave this winter there is every chance that it is going to be havoc again next season.

Now is the point to lay down rules about what happens in that scenario. Giving extraordinary powers to a liewell led SPFL can never be the answer.

Worth asking the question if the majority would agree, in advance, to null and void the season if that happens. That is what a properly run organisation would do. Or give the option of using points per game. Let's vote and at least everybody knows the rules before a ball is kicked. 

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

With all the uncertainty surrounding a second wave this winter there is every chance that it is going to be havoc again next season.

Now is the point to lay down rules about what happens in that scenario. Giving extraordinary powers to a liewell led SPFL can never be the answer.

Worth asking the question if the majority would agree, in advance, to null and void the season if that happens. That is what a properly run organisation would do. Or give the option of using points per game. Let's vote and at least everybody knows the rules before a ball is kicked. 

The rules are pretty clear to me mate 

Rule 1  article 1 

Whatever benefits celtic fc the most shall be the decision forced through by any means. 

End 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

The rules are pretty clear to me mate 

Rule 1  article 1 

Whatever benefits celtic fc the most shall be the decision forced through by any means. 

End 

One simple rule to cover a multitude

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We need to push for a vote of no confidence here whatever the outcome of the arbitration is 

What we need to do, and what we actually are do are two totally different things mate.

Don't hold your breath waiting on them doing anything.

22 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We need to push for a vote of no confidence here whatever the outcome of the arbitration is 

We have called for them to stand down - ignored. We presented a dossier detailing their incompetence. Only 1/3 clubs backed it. We hit every point and forced them to invent new lies.

If Hearts/Thistle win reinstatement or compensation then a 'no confidence' vote must surely pass.

51 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

UEFA could make it really simple by creating a blanket rule for all countries should pandemic 2 happen. This would avoid corruption and confusion.

39 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I have accepted status quo will remain. 

They aren't going anywhere by own volition and other clubs dont care.

Why would Stirling Albion give a monkeys they have enough on their plate.

What’s the worry for Stirling Albion is it something major like a new hinge needed on a door or the pump for the Baws is needing replaced 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

What’s the worry for Stirling Albion is it something major like a new hinge needed on a door or the pump for the Baws is needing replaced 

You’re not taking this seriously.😂

31 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

We have called for them to stand down - ignored. We presented a dossier detailing their incompetence. Only 1/3 clubs backed it. We hit every point and forced them to invent new lies.

If Hearts/Thistle win reinstatement or compensation then a 'no confidence' vote must surely pass.

I thinks it’s 50% for a no confidence vote to pass so surely enough clubs will be swayed when compo claims were coming out their own pockets, they didn’t give a fuck before because it didn’t directly effect them but it will now 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I thinks it’s 50% for a no confidence vote to pass so surely enough clubs will be swayed when compo claims were coming out their own pockets, they didn’t give a fuck before because it didn’t directly effect them but it will now 

The fact that their call for 'super powers' looks very likely to fail miserably tells you all you need to know. Other clubs are now starting to see them for what they are.

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I hope your right mate. 

Just the utter indifference from other clubs is unreal. The way some have acted you wouldn't be surprised if they still didn't want to act against the spfl even with a hefty bill for a hearts/thistle compo. 

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Should have been the route we went down immediately after we got our motion for an independent investigation refused. Struck while the iron was hot. 

A lot of clubs maybe couldn't be bothered with months of investigation and mud-slinging and the expense (even though we offered to pay for it) however, the ones that voted for our resolution coupled with the ones who were maybe on the fence could have been swayed and voted for that instead as a means to an end.

Baffling why we never done it.

Which makes me wonder if some sort of deal was done behind the scenes "for the good of Scottish football" or some pish like that. Honestly wouldn't put it past us and them.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Which makes me wonder if some sort of deal was done behind the scenes "for the good of Scottish football" or some pish like that. Honestly wouldn't put it past us and them.

Well.... the sfa did drop their article 12 or whatever it was case against us...

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Should have been the route we went down immediately after we got our motion for an independent investigation refused. Struck while the iron was hot. 

A lot of clubs maybe couldn't be bothered with months of investigation and mud-slinging and the expense (even though we offered to pay for it) however, the ones that voted for our resolution coupled with the ones who were maybe on the fence could have been swayed and voted for that instead as a means to an end.

A vote of no confidence back then might have failed. Better to wait and let events unfold then strike. 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

A vote of no confidence back then might have failed. Better to wait and let events unfold then strike. 

That's with a massive helping of hindsight. We should have done what we should have done at the time, you can't use what's happening as justification for not doing what we should have done at the time. I hate this rationale and mental gymnastics to make excuses for our failure to follow through with our initial threats.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That's with a massive helping of hindsight. We should have done what we should have done at the time, you can't use what's happening as justification for not doing what we should have done at the time. I hate this rationale and mental gymnastics to make excuses for our failure to follow through with our initial threats.

That is your view and I respect it.  Now I could be completely wrong but my view is that our board had sufficient smarts to wait until a vote of no confidence was assured of success.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

That is your view and I respect it.  Now I could be completely wrong but my view is that our board had sufficient smarts to wait until a vote of no confidence was assured of success.

Fair enough mate but you're giving them a lot of credit. More than they deserve IMO.

14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Don’t think there would’ve been the support for it then tbh, the majority of clubs don’t give a fuck unless it directly effects them 

Archived