SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

That is your view and I respect it.  Now I could be completely wrong but my view is that our board had sufficient smarts to wait until a vote of no confidence was assured of success.

Agreed.  Timing with these things is very important.  I strongly believe to do it so soon after the request for an investigation was knocked back would have been thrown out even quicker, such was the feeling at the time.  We would have known Hearts plans and are prepared to wait a little longer.   By no means have we given up on anything. pretty sure of it.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t think there would’ve been the support for it then tbh, the majority of clubs don’t give a fuck unless it directly effects them 

I couldn't see us getting the numbers needed straight after the IE vote to push a vote of no confidence through. 

It's frustrating as half the stuff they have already done should be grounds for removing them. 

Yet other Scottish clubs happy to bury head in the sand. 

19 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Agreed.  Timing with these things is very important.  I strongly believe to do it so soon after the request for an investigation was knocked back would have been thrown out even quicker, such was the feeling at the time.  We would have known Hearts plans and are prepared to wait a little longer.   By no means have we given up on anything. pretty sure of it.

The level of denial within our support is breathtaking at times. 

I'll take whatever you've got to say in return, both barrels mate because I know that sounds cheeky but I honestly have no idea where folk get this optimism from that we are fighting this behind the scenes or have something up our sleeves. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I couldn't see us getting the numbers needed straight after the IE vote to push a vote of no confidence through. 

It's frustrating as half the stuff they have already done should be grounds for removing them. 

Yet other Scottish clubs happy to bury head in the sand. 

Too many happy to take the crumbs from the tarrier table 

25 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t think there would’ve been the support for it then tbh, the majority of clubs don’t give a fuck unless it directly effects them 

That's the problem I've got - we can only use the word "think" in relation to it and not "know"

Unless we put forward the motion, we'd never know. It wouldn't cost us money to put in a vote of no confidence so why not?

If it was rejected, then we've lost nothing. 

If anything, there's still an advantage to it as it keeps folk like me happy that we've exhausted another avenue and it's another line we can say we tried.

But we never.

Hence why I think we've took "for the good of Scottish football" line to ourselves and resorted to the much-maligned bridge building mode.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53405285

Scottish football should appoint a US-style commissioner as part of a shake-up of SPFL leadership, say two club chairmen.

Ayr United's Lachlan Cameron, who is based in the US, and Donald Findlay of Cowdenbeath believe decision-making powers should be taken away from clubs.

The major American sport leagues - the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL - have commissioners who act for clubs.

"We've got 42 clubs all with their own self interest," Cameron said.

"I think we'd be better off putting a person in a position to make decisions for the benefit of the league as a whole. The way you would change that commissioner would be to vote them out.

"You then take the vested, self-interest out of it. You have someone making decisions for the benefit of the league as a whole and they don't take individual clubs into consideration. It just make it much cleaner in my opinion."

Transfer window & League Cup dates confirmed

At the moment major decisions for the SPFL, led by chief executive Neil Doncaster and a board, must be put to a vote of all 42 clubs, which has caused controversy amid the vote to curtail the season.

It ended with relegated clubs Hearts and Partick Thistle taking legal action, and they now await their arbitration case being heard.

"You need somebody in charge of the organisation," Cowdenbeath chairman Findlay told the BBC's Scottish football podcast.

"For a long time what I thought bedevilled Scottish football was that nobody was in charge and that's why I very much agree with Lachlan's model.

"We need strong leadership, but we haven't had it, we need it now and we absolutely need to get this right before we start the next season."

Meanwhile, Cameron confirmed that he would give financial help to Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, who asked for support in their legal battle, as Hearts and Thistle attempt to stop the trio's promotions.

However the money will not come from Ayr's funds.

"I just think it's the right thing to do," Cameron said. "I think its important to support the clubs that are, in my opinion, being unfairly persecuted here, which are the three promoted clubs."

-----------------------------

Who's willing to bet that would turn out to be the fat Jap's role ? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

Scottish football should appoint a US-style commissioner as part of a shake-up of SPFL leadership, say two club chairmen.

Ayr United's Lachlan Cameron, who is based in the US, and Donald Findlay of Cowdenbeath believe decision-making powers should be taken away from clubs.

The major American sport leagues - the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL - have commissioners who act for clubs.

"I think we'd be better off putting a person in a position to make decisions for the benefit of the league as a whole. The way you would change that commissioner would be to vote them out.

"You then take the vested, self-interest out of it. You have someone making decisions for the benefit of the league as a whole and they don't take individual clubs into consideration. It just make it much cleaner in my opinion."

At the moment major decisions for the SPFL, led by chief executive Neil Doncaster and a board, must be put to a vote of all 42 clubs, which has caused controversy amid the vote to curtail the season.

It ended with relegated clubs Hearts and Partick Thistle taking legal action, and they now await their arbitration case being heard.

"You need somebody in charge of the organisation," Cowdenbeath chairman Findlay told the BBC's Scottish football podcast.

"For a long time what I thought bedevilled Scottish football was that nobody was in charge and that's why I very much agree with Lachlan's model.

"We need strong leadership, but we haven't had it, we need it now and we absolutely need to get this right before we start the next season."

Meanwhile, Cameron confirmed that he would give financial help to Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, who asked for support in their legal battle, as Hearts and Thistle attempt to stop the trio's promotions.

"I just think it's the right thing to do," Cameron said. "I think its important to support the clubs that are, in my opinion, being unfairly persecuted here, which are the three promoted clubs."

It would 100% be some rancid fenian bastard that’s a given 

2 hours ago, Swally said:

More truth to something like that happening the norm than you'd believe m8.

I'm sure GersinCanada would back me up in what i'm going to say here.

I've lived in Canada for 40 years now and have a pretty good handle on how N. American sports is run specifically the NHL as it is primarily the National sport of Canada.

The Commissioner of the NHL  works for the owners of the 30 Clubs in the NHL and while it could be argued how well the commissioner , Gary Bettman , is doing his job the fact that he's been in the position since 1993 speaks to two things.

A. He's good at what he does and B. He is making the owners a shit load of money. He's the guy that negotiates deals between the owners and the players Union.

The rest of the major N. American sports are run the same way.

While there is always the chance of "Bias and Corruption" in the dealings in the 4 major sports the media are not tainted or bought in the same way they are in Scotland so they are held to account for any perceived "discretion".

That makes the proposal of the same thing happening in Scotland a nonstarter due to the fact that the mhedia in Scotland are bought and paid for by the cabal and the owners have been bowing at the cabals altar for way to long to know that any false step out of line sees them lose a ton of cash and everyone knows that cash and power is King over morality and true "Sporting Integrity" in the land of Heather.

18 minutes ago, Canabear said:

More truth to something like that habeing the norm than you'd believe m8.

I'm sure GersinCanada would back me up in what i'm going to say here.

I've lived in Canada for 40 years now and have a pretty good handle on how N. American sports is run specifically the NHL as it is primarily the National sport of Canada.

The Commissioner of the NHL  works for the owners of the 30 Clubs in the NHL and while it could be argued how well the commissioner , Gary Bettman , is doing his job the fact that he's been in the position since 1993 speaks to two things.

A. He's good at what he does and B. He is making the owners a shit load of money. He's the guy that negotiates deals between the owners and the players Union.

The rest of the major N. American sports are run the same way.

While there is always the chance of "Bias and Corruption" in the dealings in the 4 major sports the media are not tainted or bought in the same way they are in Scotland so they are held to account for any perceived "discretion".

That makes the proposal of the same thing happening in Scotland a nonstarter due to the fact that the mhedia in Scotland are bought and paid for by the cabal and the owners have been bowing at the cabals altar for way to long to know that any false step out of line sees them lose a ton of cash and everyone knows that cash and power is King over morality and true "Sporting Integrity" in the land of Heather.

Pretty much agree with all of that. In North America the 4th estate are more or less completely independent (well on political matters not quite as much) but when it comes to sporting matters they actually investigate and give balanced reporting and are not shy to give authorities the finger when they step out of line.

I further agree that from what I see posted the Scottish media have more or less given up on doing their job. He is Rangers hater but English is the only one trying to do his job from what I can see. 

7 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

No surprise here, is it no against UEFA  rules for member clubs to take disputes to court and  they should be referred to the court of arbitration for sport.

Sure someone got hauled over the coals for this 2-3 seasons ago, canny mind who though 

11 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

The people that are holding the arbitration between two parties hit one party with a notice of complaint?

Good luck Hearts n PT now. Away to be butt fucked into oblivion by the brothers of scottish football's destruction.

I have never in all my life seen such amateurish behaviour than I have seen from the SFA and SPFL.

Run for the benefit of their fenian bastard of a club and they have created this utter shambles to gift them an un won title.

I hope Hearts and Partick take the cunts the whole road. 

Scottish football is done,

Archived